Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What causes a Vokera boiler pressure dropping regularly

• 28-01-2015 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi , as the title suggests my vokera boiler (11 years old ) pressure drops to zero on average once every 4-6 weeks. I top it back up to 1.5 bar but it will drop again . I'm in an apartment , there is no water leakage that I can see .
    What is the most likely cause of this and roughly how much could we be talking to repair it.
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,695 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

hawkelady wrote: »
    Hi , as the title suggests my vokera boiler (11 years old ) pressure drops to zero on average once every 4-6 weeks. I top it back up to 1.5 bar but it will drop again . I'm in an apartment , there is no water leakage that I can see .
    What is the most likely cause of this and roughly how much could we be talking to repair it.
    Thanks for reading.

Have you a hot water cylinder? You coujd have a tiny pinhole in the coil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Yeah I have a hot water cylinder , a small one. Is that the only possibility this could be happening ?
    Funds are tight so I'm hoping it's not going break the bank to get it sorted. Thanks

hawkelady wrote: »
    Yeah I have a hot water cylinder , a small one. Is that the only possibility this could be happening ?
    Funds are tight so I'm hoping it's not going break the bank to get it sorted. Thanks

The pressure is going somewhere. If not a visible leak it could be out of your safety valve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

More than likely the heat exchanger is leaking slightly. Common thing with them boilers she coming to the end of its life.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Have you a hot water cylinder? You coujd have a tiny pinhole in the coil

Pressure wouldn't reduce to zero, usually you'd still have .1-.2 bar (single or two storey)

• Advertisement

DGOBS wrote: »
    Pressure wouldn't reduce to zero, usually you'd still have .1-.2 bar (single or two storey)

If it was in an apartment then it might have the combined cylinder and tank. The tank would be the same height as the boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Hi , yeahs it's an apartment and the hot water cylinder is the same level as the boiler , and it does drop right down to zero .. Doesn't take much of a turn to get it back up to 1.5 bar though. The pressure is very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

That's mad, I have a Vokera too, with the same problem for about 6yr, it used to fly up to about 4bar when on and down to 0 when off, but it was the pressure seal on top, that solved that it was brittle, but still have the pressure dropping fault, and top it too every 4-6weeks, im in a duplex, how odd is that.

Advertisement