Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb issues.

• 16-05-2014 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Does any customers of Digiweb have any issues with their service provider? My DSL broadband failed late Wednesday night and hasn't operated since. My phone service on the line is still active. I was on their customer support department and it took ages to get through. That use not be the case last year when I had to call them for help as I was replacing a faulty router. They answered in less than 5 minutes. At the moment there seem to be no apparent problem. But why it took 20 minutes to answer this morning? I called this evening but put down the phone after 50 minutes of waiting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

We got our bill during the week and they have increased our package by €6. My husband called the numbeŕ on the bill and got through to UPC for some strange reason. We are nor have we ever been UPC customers.
    When he eventually got through to Digiweb using a different number from their website they wouldn't explain why the number lead to UPC.

We have noticed a slow down in our service over the past month or so. We're barely on 3mb as it is so it's very noticeable when it gets worse. Again, no explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

odd, because their coverage should be improving...
    Viatel embarks on €1.5m upgrade of Irish network

09.04.2014 10:53

Colm Piercy, CEO of Viatel

Pan-European telecoms operator Viatel is to embark on a €1.5m network upgrade across Ireland, involving 1,500 km of fibre reaching cities including Dublin, Cork, Waterford, Limerick and Galway.

Viatel merged with Irish-headquartered telecoms company Digiweb last year, creating a telecoms operator that will connect 34 Western European cities over an 8,500 km fibre network.

“This €1.5m upgrade will benefit all our customers throughout Ireland, as well as our European customers, taking connectivity solutions to support their Irish sites.”
    http://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/item/36440-viatel-embarks-on-1-5m/

Advertisement