Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

List of Free WiFi in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Elessar wrote:
    A few places in Swords have it now, all thanks to the County Council's wireless initiative. One place that has it is Millers coffe shop at the end of the main street - a lovely little place that does nice all day breakfasts!

Is that the place that used to be Rooneys Insurances? Or possibly a bakery (or was that next door)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mejner

How are we doing on these free WiFi-places for a coffee and alternative work space?

Would be super great if updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned at all yet, but anywhere in and around all the buildings in UCD including all the Res blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Not sure if this is in the spirit of the thread but the members bar at Sports Link Health Center beside the Airport has free unblocked wifi/broadband access. Handy while the sprogs are swimming, helps pass the time ;)

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Trewer

Hi Everybody!

If you are looking for free wifi-EP ...... around D4, try Dylan Hotel @ Eastmoreland Place Dublin 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Anybody know if this list is up to date?

I found a web site that has a map of free hotspots all over the place. Just search Dublin;

www.free-hotspot.com

Not sure how up to date that web site is, but its a special free wifi group that companies sign up for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sosso17

Grimes wrote: »
    you can get it on and off somtimes in Moda in Rathmines

Hi there,

The cafe Moda is on Lower Rathmines Road, 192.
    I was there once and detected 2 networks but signal too bad to get connected. Maybe depending where you sit in the cafe? I was upstairs in the couch :) where were you?

Does anyone knows any other free wifi in Rathmines?
    I am not sure there is one in the Mc Donalds of Swan Center?

I know that you can connect to Bitbuzz from a lot of places but it's really expensive.

Sorry for my English and thanks for the good deals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

The Science Gallery in Trinity College has free wifi and a nice café, as well as interesting exhibitions sometimes.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 250 ✭✭DuPLeX

jrey1981 wrote: »
    Second this - great place for a sandwich or coffee while you do a bit of work on the laptop. It may even become my temporary office!
    Idlewilde Cafe off the main st also has free wifi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

Hi, I'm a bit new to the whole laptop-owning / wireless using thing. Does anyone know if there are bars or cafes in Dublin where you get free wireless, and do you have to ask for it if there are? or has that idea gone the way of the Celtic Tiger? thanks

EDIT: apologies to any disappointed readers who didn't realise the title was a question

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi, I'm a bit new to the whole laptop-owning / wireless using thing. Does anyone know if there are bars or cafes in Dublin where you get free wireless, and do you have to ask for it if there are? or has that idea gone the way of the Celtic Tiger? thanks

EDIT: apologies to any disappointed readers who didn't realise the title was a question

This question is asked from time to time so have transferred your post to this thread - have a read above.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Crapjob Sean

Are we any closer to a comprehensive list on this?

I just got an iPod Touch and free wi-fi would greatly influence my choice of pub.

Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Yama

Do all public libraries have it?

Was in the Ilac a while back and was waiting for someone outside the library and was able to use their wifi, think it was even called 'public' something or other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Yama wrote: »
    Do all public libraries have it?

Was in the Ilac a while back and was waiting for someone outside the library and was able to use their wifi, think it was even called 'public' something or other

DCC-Library afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

dajaffa wrote: »
    Surprised it hasn't been mentioned at all yet, but anywhere in and around all the buildings in UCD including all the Res blocks.

Yes, with proxy.ucd.ie:8484

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

Cianos wrote: »
    Avoca bar in Blackrock offer it
    Also, 40ft Bar in Dun Laoghaire seem to offer it too.

Also in Blackrock, Cafe Java on the Main Street, unsecured network - just connect. Insomnia will give you a half hour free of their Eircom wireless, if you buy something I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 amaxwell

Vino Pasta in Greystones, right beside the Train station, is the place for good food and free wi-fi.. You can also pick up internet access from it on the south end of the Greystones Train Station platforms..

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Panti Bar on Capel St has free wifi..
    Was maxed out last night though due to a news event and increased wifi enabled phones in use..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Eoinsheehy

Does anyone else think eircom should created free wifi coverage over the whole city its in L.A. and all Over Dubai

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Isn't the wifi around UCD free?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

Eoinsheehy wrote: »
    Does anyone else think eircom should created free wifi coverage over the whole city its in L.A. and all Over Dubai
    Does a bear sh!te in the woods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 jimminy-boi

I just created a map of places with free WiFi in Dublin... enjoy!

http://conorpendergrast.wordpress.com/2009/08/13/map-of-free-wifi-hot-spots-in-dublin/

With props to Stephen's Green Preservation Society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

Any chance you could post it in a different format?! thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 jimminy-boi

lala stone wrote: »
    Any chance you could post it in a different format?! thanks!!

Eh, what kind of format would suit?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Lol- hyper tagging on google maps :D

I'd love to know what lalastone has in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Evil Al

Eoinsheehy wrote: »

Well that would certainly be one way to speed up their bankrupcy. I think they should give away free DSL to everyone as well!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Evil Al wrote: »
    Well that would certainly be one way to speed up their bankrupcy. I think they should give away free DSL to everyone as well!

Nah- DSL just doesn't cut it- when UPC have a standard 20Mb package.....

Seriously though- why do we pay over the odds for an obsolete technology?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

smccarrick wrote: »
    Nah- DSL just doesn't cut it- when UPC have a standard 20Mb package.....

Seriously though- why do we pay over the odds for an obsolete technology?

Lack of availability. I live in south dublin but my house can only get upc tv :(

Dont people in Ballymun get free WiFi?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

I'm interested in this too. Looking for a pub in or near the city centre which will allow me/us to check online over a meeting while having a drink. Was thinking the Market Bar but a poster above said they cut it off after 20 minutes so that's not a runner now.

Any ideas?

Advertisement