Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are Dabs.ie like recently?

• 07-02-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

I read the thread where folks seemed to have endless delays, broken deliveries due to poor packaging & insane security checks, and have nearly been put off buying from dabs.ie.

Is that just a xmas rush thing? Has anyone bought off dabs recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I would strongly advise AGAINST dabs.ie. I bought a hard drive from them over 2 weeks ago, it was sent by letter post (i.e. no tracking number) and no sign of it arriving. I have attempted to contact their customer service and they are absolutely useless, got about 2 'computer-generated' replies to 6 emails and no satisfaction.

Even though they may be the cheapest, it's not worth it if things go wrong. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ibook

Thanks for the word of caution, MayoForSam. Dabs.ie is off my bookmark list. I do believe you can approach the EU consumer court, what dabs.ie did to you possibly amounts to fraud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i have bought about 4 grands worth of stuff since november(about 10 seperate orders), and had one box opened and a pack of 50 blank cds stolen from it, i emailed them and they replied about 6hrs later asking if i wanted the money back or the item resent

before november i'd say i oldered about 15 parcels over 2 years and one of them was opened too

both times the parcel was opened it had been delayed (1st weather and 2nd no one to pick it up)

so they are flawless and the cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I also haven't had any problem with them and found them always to be helpful.

I had to return a hard drive to them a couple of weeks ago, I arranged for them to collect it and then they emailed me to say that they wouldn't bother and will send me out another. It was posted on the 4th, fingers crossed.

hmm now i'm confused...

guys could you tell me if you had some complicated security checks while ordering with dabs.ie ? I saw a thread where folks complained about some wierd security confirmation emails that took weeks to clear, does dabs also need a landline number?

in contrast the komplett.ie checkout uses verified by visa, simple & efficient, too bad they're overpriced on the items i want to buy....

• Advertisement

I had a security check when I first registered a credit card. It only took a couple of days to clear it. Not a problem really, but then again it wasn't at Christmas time either.

thanks guys...

They offered me a replacement or refund on my lost order, I went for a replacement to give them a second chance and also to receive a refund requires letters to be sent etc. and I couldn't be bothered.

I requested a change of delivery address to my home address rather than my work address, needless to say the replacement order has been sent to my work address - ho hum, we'll see what happens :rolleyes:.

How did you request the change of address?

Sounds fair of them, even if they have the logistics all screwed up... would you know if its a must to have a landline number to place an order? and will a work phone number do? I prefer to use a cell phone & dont have a landline at home...

• Advertisement

kleefarr: They asked me if I wanted to specify a different address, I did and replied to the email sent to me (no formal form to fill out on their website).

ibook: I don't think you need a home number, just use your work number.

MayoForSam wrote: »
    kleefarr: They asked me if I wanted to specify a different address, I did and replied to the email sent to me (no formal form to fill out on their website).

Sounds like it was sent out before the change of address was implemented.
    Personally I would never notify anyone online of my change of address via email. I will always do it via my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I was/am a first time dabs.ie customer.
    I registered last Tuesday night to order a new Samsung surround sound yoke.
    Went through the whole security check yada yada yada.
    Anywho, order arrived today. Only 3.5 working days later.
    My billing address was same as delivery address which i believe speeds things up a bit.

I couldn't fault them anyway, and I was a nervous wreck, as I only read some of the (mostly bad) reviews on here after ordering.

I kept nagging customer service via the online chat.
    My online account still says order fully packed (i.e. waiting dispatch), but customer service told me on Thursday it was out for delivery and gave me my tracking number.

I nagged the hole off Parcelforce until the gave me the tracking number for GLS (who they pass deliveries on to on these shores). I nagged the hole off GLS until they gave me the delivery drivers number. I nagged the hole off the delivery driver until I had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi lads,

Anyone know how long the stupid security check takes?

I ordered on sunday, it was awaiting security check until yesterday. Had to send them an e-mail confirming my address etc. They said the credit card and address didn't match - even though they do!

It's now saying - security check - awaiting response to your e-mail (which I replied to yesterday!)

Will this go on for much longer? Do I have to go through all this sh!te everytime I place an order with them!!?? :mad:

Good one Mikey, Was your order packed ok? Can you pm me or post the numbers for ParcelForce & GLS? You'll save me a bit of time looking around for those.

jamieh why not get on to their customer service chat? was your delivery address & cc billing address different?

ibook wrote: »
    jamieh why not get on to their customer service chat? was your delivery address & cc billing address different?

I got onto their customer service chat but I couldn't get an answer. All I got was an e-mail will be sent when your order has been shipped.

I asked when will that be, as I ordered on Sunday. But I just got the same response!

There was nothing funy about the order - same delivery and billing address, credit card in my name, used 3D secure :confused:

Order just shipped...my bad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dabs Manager

Hi everyone,

I just want to introduce myself as a representative for dabs.ie and try and help answer your questions.

Security: Like many other online stores, we are targets for fraud every day. As a result we have had to introduce tough :( credit controls for customers. These can sometimes lead to delays in verifying payments. As criminals are active in identity theft we need to protect our users and minimise the actions of fraudsters.
    In order to help speed up payments, we actively encourage customers to use additional security systems such as 'Verified by Visa' (http://www.visaeurope.com/personal/onlineshopping/verifiedbyvisa/main.jsp). So if a site you trust, asks you to verify, please do take the time to set this up.
    Sorry for the delays you may experience, but once through, you shouldn't have to go through it all again.

Delivery: We are working to improve our delivery system here in Ireland and have made some changes already to how packages are labelled.
    There are plans to review our partners and we will be upgrading the service whatever the outcome.

Improvements: Please let meknow if there is anything else we can do to help :)

Regards,

Larry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

In order to help speed up payments, we actively encourage customers to use additional security systems such as 'Verified by Visa' (http://www.visaeurope.com/personal/onlineshopping/verifiedbyvisa/main.jsp). So if a site you trust, asks you to verify, please do take the time to set this up.

I have read a few complaints in the past about Dabs from customers trying to place orders, the nature of the complaint being that they are asked for photocopies of bank statements, passports, etc in order to verify identity. My question is, if I place an order and am verified by Visa, does this mean I won't be asked for the extra confirmations that your customer service team sometimes request, or could I still be asked for this information. It would be great if you could clarify that for us, as a possible delay of this nature can put people off using companies such as Dabs.

On the delivery side of things, please investigate an alternate to GLS. I've never had a problem with them when I can get my products delivered to work, as they can always be received here, but the one time I had to ship to my home address it took days to sort. They tend not to leave any attempted delivery note, they're impossible to get on the phone and even more difficult to arrange a pick up. It's the major factor in keeping me from using Dabs, I tend to stick with Komplett. Haven't ordered from Dabs in about 7 years (pre .ie days).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thanks for dropping by Dabs, we appreciate your help and hope that you can help out iron some of the issues that some of the boards.ie members have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

I disagree with the sneaky insurance thats placed on every new order, its also done so that it's counter-intuitive to remove it..

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Champ

Definetly an alternative to GLS would be most welcomed.
    GLS is what stops me ordering more from Dabs.

Not going into a detailed GLS story here but:
    -Slow delivery
    -The guy didn't even take a signature or anything..... so I was very lucky the package didn't go 'missing'
    -Package was slightly bowed in from the top like they chucked something heavy onto it...

So that was my first and only order with Dabs as I'm not willing to run the GLS gauntlet with more expensive / delicate equipment.

Hi,

We are aware of some delivery problems and we are actively seeking to improve. If these agents cannot improve your customer satisfaction, then we will replace them.

I will take the insurance issue away and discuss with the dev team.

Visa verification - I understand that once approved, you will not normally be asked for further info. However if you have recently made changes to your billing address, or contact details, the credit controllers do make further checks.

More details on all 3 when I get them!

Cheers,

Larry

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Champ

Having An Post as an alternative would be superb.;)
    When komplett introduced An Post as another option besides GLS it was generally very well received by many... a good middle ground between GLS(cheap but unreliable*) and DHL(expensive but reliable).

*understatement for some

• Registered Users Posts: 21 K-Fella

I placed an order yesterday with Dabs.ie. In doing so I chose to pay via Paypal. I placed the order at 2pm yesterday and received an email at 10am today (from Paypal) informing me that my payment has been processed. Why has it taken 20 hours to process my payment? Paypal have already ran the necessary checks!

I just logged into my Dabs account and the order status currently reads 'completed'. Does this mean is has been dispatched? According to the original order email "You will receive a further email the night your order is despatched so you can make arrangements to receive it. This email will contain the consignment number and tracking information." I've yet to receive this particular email :confused: Is it not automated?

One last thing...
    When placing the order (yesterday), it said the expected delivery time was 3-4 working days. Does this include the 20 hours it took to process my payment or can I expect a longer wait?

Hi K-Fella,

I have asked the credit checking people and although PayPal is certainly a good method of payment and more secure than most, they still suffer from fraud. As a result some PayPal transactions need more checking - hence your delay.

'Completed' in the order status means all checks and transactions have been completed. Other status flags include: 'picked' and 'dispatched'. 'Picked' means they have got it from the warehouse and sent to dispatch.

The automatic email with dispatch details will be sent as the item is posted. And it will have a tracking number.

The delivery time clock starts as the item leaves the warehouse and can take as little as 24 hours to arrive. As per previous posts, we are working to reduce the delivery cycle time.

Thanks,

Larry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 chubbyjoe

Hi, I bought an 8800gt off their website on the 8th Feb, was told it was delivered to someone totally different on the 13th. Now no-one from couriers@dabs will get in contact with me personally to tell me what to do.

Everything seems to be an automated response with no human contact.

Once I eventually get my 8800gt I won't be dealing with Dabs again.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Hi Dabs Manager

one thing that i would like..

would be to have my phone number put on your parcel force parcels?

when i order and UPS deliver they can ring me to arrange to meet up

but with parcel force i had to ring them to tell them my number, and the local delivery guy now knows to ring me, but if he ever changes i will have problems again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Hugh

Why does it take so long to read an email? You have my money, the product is in stock. Its a joke. From the responses from the staff it doesn't seem like they know any better.

Worst experience buying anything ever. I'd cancel my order but I'm afraid I won't get my money back for weeks because of incompetent staff.

Advertisement