Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investigations

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

1) How far will people travel?

Locations available to this sort of this are either Charleville Castle, Wicklow Gaol or Ross Castle. Charleville is in Tullamore and is looking like the most likely candidate, its also smack in the center of the country for most. Ross is more expensive and needs a minimum of 10 and Wicklow Gaol is more of a "tour" and is also expensive and obviously located in .. Wicklow.

2) what accommodation will be needed? Or do participants stay up all night at the location and leave in the morning? Ie: will participants need to book a B&B to crash out in at 4am?

Generally people have spent the nights and left at about 9am or 10am however this is uncomfortable and unpleasant and also unnecessary. What I am trying to do is organise that we will have a location from 6pm-3am and argue for a lower price. Afterwards we can head back or people can organise their own accommodation if they wish. Most I assume with just head home.

3) how and where is the information/experiences evaluated?

This forum can be used as a hub for pre and post conversation. However the experience is completely subjective. If anyone wants to do real "paranormal research" Maccored is probably the man to talk to about how to get involved in that end of it but it is insanely more boring and fruitless :P

4) what's the criteria for selection of location? Would it be worth considering lesser known sites?

The main critera is 1)availability followed by 2) cost and a close 3) reports of paranormal activity. Im certainly open to suggestions.

5) does the site have to be enclosed with a roof on it? Or will folk sit in a graveyard sorta thing? Time of year. Weather etc..

Personally I think that we should really get together as a group first and investigate an established or comfortable site. Most people will not have done anything like it before and if they do like it perhaps we can consider more difficult outdoor locations and I am suggesting that we will have 8-10 people.

6) and of course, I have no doubt in absolutely recommending that all costs are paid up front.

Thanks! I am trying to get the locations for 35-40 euro a head. I am making the case that we are not overnighting and that really is our budget. Its looking like it going to be a date on a Friday or Saturday night mid/late September?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Riamfada wrote: »
    1) How far will people travel?

Locations available to this sort of this are either Charleville Castle, Wicklow Gaol or Ross Castle. Charleville is in Tullamore and is looking like the most likely candidate, its also smack in the center of the country for most. Ross is more expensive and needs a minimum of 10 and Wicklow Gaol is more of a "tour" and is also expensive and obviously located in .. Wicklow.

2) what accommodation will be needed? Or do participants stay up all night at the location and leave in the morning? Ie: will participants need to book a B&B to crash out in at 4am?

Generally people have spent the nights and left at about 9am or 10am however this is uncomfortable and unpleasant and also unnecessary. What I am trying to do is organise that we will have a location from 6pm-3am and argue for a lower price. Afterwards we can head back or people can organise their own accommodation if they wish. Most I assume with just head home.

3) how and where is the information/experiences evaluated?

This forum can be used as a hub for pre and post conversation. However the experience is completely subjective. If anyone wants to do real "paranormal research" Maccored is probably the man to talk to about how to get involved in that end of it but it is insanely more boring and fruitless :P

4) what's the criteria for selection of location? Would it be worth considering lesser known sites?

The main critera is 1)availability followed by 2) cost and a close 3) reports of paranormal activity. Im certainly open to suggestions.

5) does the site have to be enclosed with a roof on it? Or will folk sit in a graveyard sorta thing? Time of year. Weather etc..

Personally I think that we should really get together as a group first and investigate an established or comfortable site. Most people will not have done anything like it before and if they do like it perhaps we can consider more difficult outdoor locations and I am suggesting that we will have 8-10 people.

6) and of course, I have no doubt in absolutely recommending that all costs are paid up front.

Thanks! I am trying to get the locations for 35-40 euro a head. I am making the case that we are not overnighting and that really is our budget. Its looking like it going to be a date on a Friday or Saturday night mid/late September?

Looking good so far, let us know when you've set a date.

Update 03/08/2013
    • Its most likely going to be Charleville Castle
    • The Paranormal Research Association of Ireland will be supervising the use of the castle but not involved in the investigation
    • The cost will be 45 euro per person
    • Will run into the early morning but we wont be sleeping in the castle
    • Dates will be some time mid to late Sept/Oct
    • Is there an interest in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

yes I would be very interested, would someone give me a lift? ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Yes, I'm interested depending on date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm is this just the same as booking with any of the other groups

• Registered Users Posts: 38 vauraine

I'm definitely interested depending on the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭buttonteaser

id be very interested in going. im in the south east and iv no probem driving up there. have you gotten enough numbers to go yet?

New thread on this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭gavingaz

I spoke to them earlier and they are charging 60. Any reason for this?

• Advertisement

We are not a team and this isn't a team based thing, actually want to try and keep teams out of this. I stopped doing team stuff years ago when it all got a bit sad and the fun went out of it. I wouldnt pay 60 euro for it anyway. 45 is a bit more manageable. If your team want to book the castle I think it will be about 60 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Trazeshallow

Can i point out two details in this if i may,
    Yes i am a member of The paranormal research association of Ireland, but when i am at the castle i am running as a castle volunteer,
    I help to facilitate group bookings and do supervision of said groups,

The fee for booking the castle is 60 euro per person and always has been, The fee of 45 i would like ot know who gave you that price.
    There is a group called spook group tours who book the castle for paranormal nights from 8 pm till 3 am, this is not a over night and thus is why the fee that they charge is 40, as people would have to try pay for accommodation in a local hotel and accrue that cost,
    Yes the money raised from this does go to the castle but the fee the castle charges is 600, for say if its a group of 10 60 euro per , and so on,
    If anyone has any questions regarding the castle, feel free to mail me trazecastle@gmail.com
    To Correct, a deal was made in july for this event, apologies for all the confusion,
    Becasue this event is not running till the following day the fees stated are the fees being charges, 60 euro is for a full over night untill the following day 12 noon,
    again sorry for any mixup

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

So is Chareville Castle a defo then?

So no one got back about this on the thread. Had to let it go. Sorry guys but it was looking unlikely that 10+ people were going to get in on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

I'm afraid that I'm dependent on places that are relatively easy for me to access (Based in Wexford, with no car) and thus said castle was too much trauma to try and get to :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

So no one got back about this on the thread. Had to let it go. Sorry guys but it was looking unlikely that 10+ people were going to get in on this.

Riamfada, why did you need so many people? Surely such a large number in itself would have proven problematic for a first meet up. Surely 3 persons would have been enough to get things going?

Did it have to be such a popular ghost hunters destination?

Surely there are plenty of other places that could have been investigated?

Fair play to you for setting it up, but I think a smaller group, in splinter regional groups might have worked. From the outset I was always going to be limited to the north west.

http://www.abandonedireland.com/Seafield.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭gavingaz

Kettleson wrote: »
    Riamfada, why did you need so many people? Surely such a large number in itself would have proven problematic for a first meet up. Surely 3 persons would have been enough to get things going?

Did it have to be such a popular ghost hunters destination?

Surely there are plenty of other places that could have been investigated?

Fair play to you for setting it up, but I think a smaller group, in splinter regional groups might have worked. From the outset I was always going to be limited to the north west.

http://www.abandonedireland.com/Seafield.html

I agree, the more people the more chance of contamination of sound and video, hence decreasing the certainty of documenting potential paranormal activity. Thanks for trying to organise it though, would have been quite fun. Perhaps another time with less people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Fair dues to ye for trying. its a thankless task. You put the idea out there, people say they'll go, you go to the hassle and time to organise something and then nothing. not a sausage. There's nothing more annoying, so I feel for you brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Essentially what I'm looking for is a non affiliated group of like minded people doing independent paranormal research at the same time in the same location with the possibility of tea,coffee and paranormal chat.

Do Charleville castle or Ross Castle still cater for unsupervised groups. I dont want to have to be lead by a ghostbuster, I just want to sit in the dark, ask stupid questions to an empty room and eat penguin bars.

Anyone else?
    I'd actually really like that too!

I'd be up for going on one aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Id of been totally up for it just had a prior committment ( family birthday) would love to some other time though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

:( i want to goooo

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

Milly33 wrote: »
    Sure aren't I in Cork too..I can give you a email sometime if you like if we are heading off anywhere..

We took a trip to St.Kevins at the weekend but could not get in anywhere all was well boarded up but tis nice to even walk around the buildings good place to take a few pics..

@ Milly - Theres a 'Sneaky' way in around the back! ;)

Advertisement