Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rock Band: Green Day

• 13-12-2009 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

Just been announced by Harmonix.
    LOS ANGELES / NEW YORK – Dec. 12, 2009 – Multi-platinum selling and Grammy® Award winning group Green Day, along with Harmonix, the leading developer of music-based games, MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), and Warner Bros./Reprise Records today announced at the 2009 Spike Video Game Awards that they are collaborating on the standalone title Green Day: Rock Band™.

“We’ve worked with the Rock Band team in the past year to enable our fans to play tracks from 21st Century Breakdown, and we’re excited to now be working on a game, spanning our entire career,” said Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong. “We want people to fire this up, choose their favorite Green Day tracks, and play along with us as Rock Band avatars so they can feel what it's like to perform on stage as Green Day."

The game is an extension and expression of Green Day’s most-defining albums and key moments throughout their career to date. It will feature likenesses of Green Day members Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tré Cool, as well as select venues and art specific to the band's history. The title will be available globally in 2010 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ system from Nintendo. In addition, the track list will be fully exportable, giving players the opportunity to play the songs in Rock Band™ and Rock Band 2™ on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation3.

"Green Day's music and explosive live performances transcend age barriers," says Tom Whalley, Chairman/CEO, Warner Bros. Records. "By partnering with the band and Harmonix, Warner Bros./Reprise is thrilled to help create a Rock Band experience devoted exclusively to their impressive catalog. This game will appeal to fans of all ages, including those who love their recent best-selling albums and those who've loved Green Day throughout their long, incredible career."

“It's very exciting to work closely with Green Day to create an experience that captures the incomparable sound, look and feel of the band,” said Paul DeGooyer, SVP of Electronic Games and Music for MTV Networks Music Group. “'Green Day: Rock Band' is yet another example of how music fans can connect with some of the greatest music ever recorded via the Rock Band platform.”

“This game will feel like a natural extension of Green Day and their music that will deepen the fans’ connection to the band and their history,” said Alex Rigopulos, CEO and co-founder of Harmonix Music Systems. “Fans will be able to enjoy some of the greatest songs from the Green Day catalogue in this standalone game or via Rock Band due to full export capability. We are thrilled to work with Green Day to revisit key moments from their career, including their likenesses, content and imagery, through our innovative form of musical interaction.”

This latest Rock Band title aims to encapsulate the spirit and energy of a band that has sold more than 50 million records worldwide and been hailed as one of the best live acts touring today. Green Day has won critical acclaim and numerous accolades, including Grammy Awards for Best Alternative Album for Dookie, Best Rock Album for American Idiot and Record of the Year for their smash hit "Boulevard of Broken Dreams." Earlier this year, Green Day released their eighth studio album, 21st Century Breakdown, on Warner Music Group’s Reprise Records. The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, as well as on the Rock, Active Rock and Alternative charts, fueled by the alternative radio No. 1 single “Know Your Enemy.”

In addition to the game announcement, Green Day will bring three more tracks from 21st Century Breakdown to the Rock Band Music Store as downloadable content on Tuesday, December 15th. The three pack of songs will include, "Christian's Inferno," "Last of the American Girls," and "¡Viva La Gloria!," all from 21st Century Breakdown. These songs, as well as Green Day tracks previously released on the Rock Band platform, will be supported in Green Day: Rock Band.

Can't wait :)

EDIT: I'm not actually sure when this was announced, so this might not actually be news to you guys, but it's the first I've heard of it :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's been common knowledge for a few month but theres the official confirmation there.

Not sure how I feel about this one, I do like old pre-american idiot greenday.
    But a 40+ song game?

Looks like RB3 is as far away as ever :( at least this offers export unlike the beatles.

Edit here is a video i found http://www.gametrailers.com/video/green-day-spike-tv/59819

Q rant: so we have this , pearl jam and the who next year then RB3 at the end of the year, possibly a lego RB 2?????
    Looks like the temptation to follow GH was too much for them, the games will surely be good but too much of a good thing?
    WOnder if we are getting full on games like the beatles or a 20 song track pack of these?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

You have got to be kidding me. Do you understand the amount of kiddie punks who are going to infest these hallowed halls? At least you knew the beatles crowd were going to be able to spell. BAH

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You spell your name with a 4. You brought this down on yourself and all of the rest of us!

PERMABANNED

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    You have got to be kidding me. Do you understand the amount of kiddie punks who are going to infest these hallowed halls? At least you knew the beatles crowd were going to be able to spell. BAH

You're always complaining this place needs more posters....

• Advertisement

Whatever, just you wait and see, I'm right and you know it! I suppose some of the green day stuff'll be fun. Basketcase, She, Minority. I reckon it'll be a AC/DC type thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Not for me, it's like a McFly rockband. Where's the Boss Rockband, where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Just when you thought Harmonix wouldn't sell out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

It'll be good fun no need to be elitist. enjoy and have some pogo punk fun

Attack the post, not the poster dude.

I think he was giving out about the number of titles rather than the actual band of the title.

• Advertisement

Just when you thought Harmonix wouldn't sell out. :(

Their game is published by EA. At what point did they *not* sell out

In fairness EA have picked their name out of the dirt considerably in the past 2 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

How will this offer any kind of challenge? It's all chords isn't it? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Instabuy for me :)

Jay P wrote: »
    Well yeah but there's three other instruments too. Obviously I know what you mean though. It's not going to be RB: Canibal Corpse...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

:eek: Imagine trying to be the singer on that!

Jay P wrote: »

Many round these parts thought the same about the Beatles, including me.
    I'm happy to say we were proved wrong on that one, they managed to make even the easy beatles songs interesting to play, so I have no doubt they will do it with green day too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i loved green day (fell out a few albums ago) but i'll get this when it comes out. either sing and play at the same time or drumming - it'll be awesome. blink rock band'd be great too. i love how much dlc blink gets they must sell v well. my niece loves them!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    i loved green day (fell out a few albums ago) but i'll get this when it comes out. either sing and play at the same time or drumming - it'll be awesome. blink rock band'd be great too. i love how much dlc blink gets they must sell v well. my niece loves them!

Can confirm last weeks Blink dlc was drum-tacular and vocal-tacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not so much on guitar :(

Aliens exist from lego is still the best Blink song in RB

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

calex71 wrote: »
    Can confirm last weeks Blink dlc was drum-tacular and vocal-tacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not so much on guitar :(

Aliens exist from lego is still the best Blink song in RB

Ya! I play drums by default and the drumming in Blink is always frantic, interesting and lots of fun to play :) definitely get amped up by playing their songs on drums (even if the newest DLC has two slow songs...)

• Advertisement

It has a release date, June 8th with 47 songs.

I'm sure it'll be ok , if they keep the Beatles formula it's a win as there was some fun to be had hunting gold star's and some frustration...... i look at you I me mine and hit all the hopo's achievement. :mad:

Onion did you get the one for the drum solo on Birthday????

Epic edit: check the new trailer on Youtube for the charts and game play. Looks just like the shiny Beatles engine at work. I have high hopes for for a perfect stop gap to RB 3, also the existing dlc (6songs) will be reissues for free if you already have it for import to RB:GB with added vocal harmonies. In this case GH can say that they did this 1st but GH did it for no apparent reason when they made you do that in GH5

Boooooooooooooooooo it costs 800 points to import to RB2, to be honest I have lived without importing beatles to RB2 so I think i will pass on the import this time aswell.

I'll definitely be picking this up, maybe along with a guitar, unless my GH:WT one will work with it.

unless my GH:WT one will work with it.

Sure it will, hell's I even used my explorer form GH2 on beatles :D
    The only thing I found though it was a bitch to sync wireless controllers with it, unless you have a rare in these parts RB2 wireless guitar with it's auto calibration wizardry, so when I had friends playing with me on RB using wireless instruments it was a right pain to get it 100%

Then I got a RB beatles guitar at xmas and auto synced it and now the other GH wireless instruments work perfectly :)

Not impossible to sync GH guitars just a pain of trial and error for a few minutes till you get it right, after that its cool for cats and many (not me) prefer GH guitars.

calex71 wrote: »
    Onion did you get the one for the drum solo on Birthday????

You mean Helter Skelter? No my drums aren't good enough to not drop notes for me to even bother with it!

Basquille from Bargain Alerts posted a pre-order price in case you guys don't pop your heads in there much :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055861149

Banjo wrote: »
    Basquille from Bargain Alerts posted a pre-order price in case you guys don't pop your heads in there much :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055861149

Beats the €36 I have seen it go for so far, bear in mind add €10 for import to rock band 2, I am holding out (foolishishly maybe) for a similar deal (free export code) to the US but still better than store retail here

Just wondering - does the Wii version include SDHC support as well as a full import of your existing RB2 library? 'Cause I'd pick this out of it's inevitable bargain bin for that, as long as you don't have to play as Billie Jim Bob Jamborie or his mates.

Banjo wrote: »
    Just wondering - does the Wii version include SDHC support as well as a full import of your existing RB2 library? 'Cause I'd pick this out of it's inevitable bargain bin for that, as long as you don't have to play as Billie Jim Bob Jamborie or his mates.

Import will be one way I'd say banjo, ie Green Day to RB2 only.

Would have thought they would have patched rb2 by now for sdhc?

Hmmm did the wii not get USB support for saves and content?

Edit : Softmod seems to be the way to go banjo

I know it's one way, but it'd be worth it... A patch is never going to happen, the Wii isn't built that way. Once you go down the softmod route, what's to stop you RawkSD'ing your guitar hero games into RB2? And then downloading the entire contents of the RB servers? And then murdering a prostitute and wearing her skin because you want to feel beautiful while singing Push Push Lady Lightning? It's a slippery slope and I for one am wearing the cleats of officially released software.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Apparently Dookie American Idiot and 21st Centuary Breakdown *if you have the dlc* will be full albums

Potentially it could mean the complete Green Day discography on Rock Band

Advertisement