Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW E46 - has anyone the ability to flash my lkm/lcm for xenons?

• 25-11-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

I have looked high and wide but in Dublin it seem's there is plenty of advice but very little willingness to do the job :)

I have a 2003 BMW M3. I got my hands on an OEM set of Xenons (not bi-xenons) from a 2003 BMW M3. The M3 I have was fitted with Halogens from new.

They are physically fitted.

They turn on fine but within ten to fifteen seconds they start to flicker like a strobe light.

There is plenty of forums, discussions, advice and contradicting procedures.

The advice I was received is as follows.

- The LCM/LKM (lamp control module) need's to be software flashed to accept the Xenon lights. Ideally from a BMW software controlled unit that some independents have.

- Others say I need to replace the LCM/LKM completely at hugh cost but others challenge that because they too have used bmw oem xenons and flashed the lcm fine and all was fine.

- There is a capacitor that can stop the flickering. It's a workaround.

I'm asking anyone out there do you know someone that has managed to get their Xenons to work and programmed? Can you recommend someone that did it and would take on the job, Independently.
    Many have had this done but the people I have found who say they can do it cannot do it until late next week.

Advertisement