Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Athletics on TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Edinburgh Marathon Festival 2012 - Thursday 8pm Sky Sports 2 HD

NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships from the US. Sunday morning 5am ESPN America HD.

Might want to Sky plus that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

London calling, rte2, next tuesday 10.35pm. A series following irish athletes preparing for london. This weeks episode features rob heffernan. It looked like Mark Kenneally in the trailer so he may be featured in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

dev123 wrote: »
    London calling, rte2, next tuesday 10.35pm. A series following irish athletes preparing for london. This weeks episode features rob heffernan. It looked like Mark Kenneally in the trailer so he may be featured in the future

Mark's also featured in the first episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭pc11

G-Money wrote: »
    NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships from the US. Sunday morning 5am ESPN America HD.

Might want to Sky plus that one!

Also listed for 2pm on Sunday, I think it's a repeat of 5am.

dev123 wrote: »
    London calling, rte1, next tuesday 10.35pm. A series following irish athletes preparing for london. This weeks episode features rob heffernan. It looked like Mark Kenneally in the trailer so he may be featured in the future

Fixed your post there, it's actually on RTE 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Seems to be some athletics from Tuchola, Poland at 5 pm.

YFlyer wrote: »

Fancy telling us where on TV/online it's available to watch? ;)

Yes I seen it on lshunter

http://lshunter.net/live-more-sports.php

The stream is not up yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

YFlyer wrote: »

Presume this has to be National Championships? They are supposed to begin today as well so cant see them hosting another big meet the same weekend:confused:

ecoli wrote: »
    Presume this has to be National Championships? They are supposed to begin today as well so cant see them hosting another big meet the same weekend:confused:

Ah ok, not sure myself.

Annoyed that I missed this. There was a show on Sky Sports 4 last night at midnight called Sporting Greats - Haile Gebreselassie.

I've checked the Sky Sports listings up until next Sunday night and it's not repeated (as far as I can see), whereas episodes featuring other sportspeople are. Hopefully it will be repeated again soon, unless the showing at midnight last night was the last showing for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Annoyed that I missed this. There was a show on Sky Sports 4 last night at midnight called Sporting Greats - Haile Gebreselassie.

I've checked the Sky Sports listings up until next Sunday night and it's not repeated (as far as I can see), whereas episodes featuring other sportspeople are. Hopefully it will be repeated again soon, unless the showing at midnight last night was the last showing for a while.

Try youtubing every now and again :)

Probably a different documentary, but sure most documentaries are all the same anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

10.35pm tonight London Calling is on.It features Mark Kenneally and Rob Heffernan

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/londoncalling.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

10.35pm tonight London Calling is on.It features Mark Kenneally and Rob Heffernan

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/londoncalling.html[/QUOTE]

Yeah was decent enough. 30 minutes was way too short to fit in 3 athletes though. Mark is a top bloke, thought he came across really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Here's the RTE Player Link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

anyone know what time the birmingham 10k is on today or if its on bbc

M cebee wrote: »
    anyone know what time the birmingham 10k is on today or if its on bbc

Looks like coverage is on BBC2 tomorrow and Sunday. No word about today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18533693

I think it was supposed to be streamed on the BBC website last night but I don't know if it was or not. Anyway, Bekele won the 10,000m.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jGbyA9ZOGhBJQdf5ffhBQuM4gwrw?docId=N0049451340402915344A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 CS_Runner

C4 from 6.05-8am in the morning

Transvulcana UltraMarathon
    Ironman 2012
    GE Blenhelm triathlon

Sporting Greats - Michael Johnson - Tuesday 5pm Sky Sports 2 HD

Euro's coverage starting in a few mins on BBC Two and BBC HD. RTE 2/RTE 2 HD coverage starts at 3.40pm.

PS: I really wish this thread was a sticky ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Sporting Greats - Michael Johnson - Tuesday 5pm Sky Sports 2 HD

Sky are great for them half hr specials. I have seen several now. Will tune in for this one.

BTW, aren't Bolt and Blake racing tonight in the 200 trials (final)?

Edit: Yes, both progressed through to the finals. 0130 Irish time the race is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭maryishairy

Channel 4 Thursday 5th July at 9pm

Michael Johnson: Survival of the Fastest

The four-time Olympic gold medallist embarks on a personal journey in a bid to understand whether a possible link between the transatlantic slave trade and genetic selection may be a factor in the continuing success of African-American and Caribbean athletes at top-flight events. He also explores the appalling crimes carried out on slave ships and plantation owners' barbaric breeding programmes.

The Real Chariots of Fire. 9pm ITV1 tonight.

Diamond League from Paris, Friday 7pm BBC Red Button.

Tyson Gay and Christophe Lemaitre in the 100m and Kenenisa Bekele in the 5000m.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 CS_Runner

For anybody interested, BBC 5Live interview with the great Roger Bannister... tonight at 20:30

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭runjb

London Calling gave a good insight last night of Jamie Costin, and into what a grueling event the 50km walk is. It was funny how Jamie had to explain to his father he can't work on the farm 24/7 as he has to train and recover twice a day. He did however milk the cows morning and evening!

Interesting too to have an insight into the life of Aileen Morrison, the triathlete. She took a nasty fall a couple of years back in London but has bounced back since. She's now ranked top 10 in the world and hopefully will feature well in London.

Next week continues with Jamie Costin as well as introducing Ciarán O'L. Should be good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Channel 4 Thursday 5th July at 9pm

Michael Johnson: Survival of the Fastest

The four-time Olympic gold medallist embarks on a personal journey in a bid to understand whether a possible link between the transatlantic slave trade and genetic selection may be a factor in the continuing success of African-American and Caribbean athletes at top-flight events. He also explores the appalling crimes carried out on slave ships and plantation owners' barbaric breeding programmes.

Don't tell Tunguska about this. He'll be up in arms. ;)

Advertisement