Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wii U Pre-Launch Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Deano7788 wrote: »

AFAIK, the ZombiU pack should include NintendoLand, as NintendoLand is a pack-in!
    Colour me ignorant! It doesn't, but it comes with the control pad pro instead

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Well Smyths are charging €40 extra for the ZombiU pack anyway

Yeah I realised my math was really bad. I'll use the excuse that I did my leaving 14 years ago. :P Basically, yeah paying 40 for the controller

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Surely someones gonna be a fair bit cheaper than Smyths?......right?

That sounds very expensive, even with currency converted.

• wow gamestop ireland is cheap than amazon uk premium is 299 while gamestop is 350

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The gamestop website has €350 down for both the basic and the premium models though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

The prices probably won't be nailed down until late October/early November, and what is up at the moment likely can't be trusted.

So looking forward to November! Getting the premium pack for sure. Zombie U, Assassin's Creed 3 and maybe NSMBU... Trine 2 for definite. Gaming gold :)

• The gamestop website has €350 down for both the basic and the premium models though...

defo an error 400 for premium knowing gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Who is doing the best deal at he moment lads. Most likely getting the Nintendo U for the kids for X-mas. Mario will be a must have game when I get it. Will the controllers off the Wii work on the U?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Who is doing the best deal at he moment lads. Most likely getting the Nintendo U for the kids for X-mas. Mario will be a must have game when I get it. Will the controllers off the Wii work on the U?

No firm price details yet. (>350 for the premium is the going rate) Amazon seems to be going up every day and the less said about smyths asking the better.
    On the plus side, yes, the wii controllers work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Mr E wrote: »
    No sensor bar in the box.

http://kotaku.com/5942880/the-wii-u-does-not-come-with-a-sensor-bar

The assumption is that Wii users will be buying the Wii U, so they can just swap it over. A bit cheeky IMO. I can see a lot of disappointed kids on Christmas morning... Plus it means you'll have to buy a sensor bar if you want to get rid of your Wii (or if you want to trade it against the Wii U).

sensor bar does come with the wii u

have the package contents for both basic and deluxe in front of me, sensor bar is in both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yup, blame Kotaku. :-)

In gamestop today. No price yet. Same in Xtravision. But read that the premium preorders in Gamestop in the States are all gone.
    Also since close to Christmas it's probably unlikely there'll be much of a drop in price until next year

looks like there'll be plenty of consoles, but expect the usual nintendo "fake shortages" thing after the first week, miraculously resolved in time for christmas

• CastorTroy wrote: »
    In gamestop today. No price yet. Same in Xtravision. But read that the premium preorders in Gamestop in the States are all gone.
    Also since close to Christmas it's probably unlikely there'll be much of a drop in price until next year

pre-order premium one on amazon uk just in case yup in amaerica there all gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I bought the wii on day one and loved it for about a week then, I just didnt like playing the core games on it COD, FIFA etc so in the end it collected dust for about a year and then I sold it. So Wii U comes along and it seems I am going make the same mistake twice because Im defo a day one on this thing. THe main seller for my is the off-tv play in other words using the gamepad and not teh tv for playing the games, my house is so busy so I can never get engrossed in games like mass effect 3 kids and wife and all that, so to think I can go to bed early slip in my headphones and get cosy playing mass effect 3 BANG!!! I cant wait!!!! plus it will be a great stop gapo until 720 and ps4 arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

CastorTroy wrote: »

pre-order premium one on amazon uk just in case yup in amaerica there all gone

Just pre ordered mine on amazon came to 312 pounds which is 379 euro, better to be safe then sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Anyone been to their local Gamestop store and want to save me the trip?
    What's their pricing like in store?

I vowed never to use their website because of several separate incidents which show they're untrustworthy, and never learn from their errors.

btw if you're looking for some cheap, good games to go with your new console:
    http://www.zavvi.com/10618420.html 47 euro for scribblenauts
    http://www.zavvi.com/10481350.html 38 euro for tekken

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Helix wrote: »
    sensor bar does come with the wii u

have the package contents for both basic and deluxe in front of me, sensor bar is in both

I was reading the specs about an hour ago and it said it DIDN'T come with a sensor bar??
    EDIT: The premium pack does but the regular doesn't.
    Just pre ordered mine on amazon came to 312 pounds which is 379 euro, better to be safe then sorry

If you pre-order do they charge your credit card there and then or when they ship?

hdowney wrote: »
    I was reading the specs about an hour ago and it said it DIDN'T come with a sensor bar??
    EDIT: The premium pack does but the regular doesn't.

If you pre-order do they charge your credit card there and then or when they ship?

Amazon charge on delivery.

Only the American Basic Set includes the sensor bar.
    Japan doesn't even get one in the Premium pack, they have to buy them separately.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Amazon charge on delivery.

Only the American Basic Set includes the sensor bar.
    Japan doesn't even get one in the Premium pack, they have to buy them separately.

Scabby fckers in japan! Ok so just want to clarify I can pre-order it from Amazon, and they won't charge til they ship, so if I find it somewhere cheaper I can cancel up until they start preparing for delivery which will be around the end of Nov when it is due to come out yea? And I presume they will ship wii's to Ireland? (they won't ship the new kindles to ireland)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is new super mario bros a launch title? Amazon says so, but thats amazon :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've a day one purchaser of everything bar the PS3 and PS Vita, this is a Nintendo launch and I feel compelled to jump again.
    It is symptomatic though that I can no longer just pull €400 out of somewhere and buy one there and then.
    I'll have to do some serious budgeting between now and then!

Thing is though, I agree with Lord Spence, I too bought the Wii at launch and got a weeks kick out of it before it sat there waiting for new content.
    Now that arrived, eventually, but it was some time.
    So, what's to stop that happening all over again?

Looks like I'll get the basic pack, in the hopes the 8Gb allowance can be upgraded later, and two of the launch games, unless this nintendoland thing turns out to be good, in which case, seeing as you're getting it with the premium for nothing, I'll get that pack.

Emulated backwards compatibility though.... not sure..... I'll have to build up a decent Wii collection now! Ditch the hdd!

Does the basic pack come with the tablet thing?

hdowney wrote: »
    Scabby fckers in japan! Ok so just want to clarify I can pre-order it from Amazon, and they won't charge til they ship, so if I find it somewhere cheaper I can cancel up until they start preparing for delivery which will be around the end of Nov when it is due to come out yea? And I presume they will ship wii's to Ireland? (they won't ship the new kindles to ireland)

Yes. But they're not too good on pre-orders. You'll be waiting a few days.
    Made me sad waiting for my 3ds.

Yes it is cloud.

Cheers, think that just pushes me to a buy :pac:

cloud493 wrote: »
    Does the basic pack come with the tablet thing?

yeah, it's a key part of the system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

wasn't that interested until the recent news that Bayonetta 2 will be a WiiU exclusive :eek:

but it won't be a launch title so will wait until it's out and see how much the console has dropped in price, how the reviews are etc...

I don't mind if they take a day or two to deliver. I'd rather have it pre-ordered and guarantee myself one that close to Christmas yakno, so a couple day wait won't kill me. I'll go into local shops and buy some titles for it :)

One Black Premium Wii U Pre-ordered from Amazon for meeeeeeeeeeee.

Now to save for it.

I haven't got my 3ds yet :( which makes me sad, esp as my DS is like seriously dying, one of the hinges has snapped so you have to be extreme delicate when handling it. GAH! I would love (but don't see it happening to get the 3ds for Christmas, but sometime in the new year will be fine if I have the U to keep me going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

2 parallel discussion threads have been merged.

• Advertisement

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Anyone been to their local Gamestop store and want to save me the trip?
    What's their pricing like in store?

No price yet. Was in Smyths, Gamestop and Xtravision and only Smyths had a price so far.

Advertisement