Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

POGAN wrote: »
    Well there be no quickly replacement, have manage with what they have currently.

Yes I have seen traffic Garda on the beat on sat night.

Yes it was seized very nice car should be done a lot more tbh

Today i thought I saw a brand new....yes new, traffic motorbike. So I am now wondering do these new bikes allow for pillion passangers/ prisoners?

Just imagine it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

kub wrote: »
    Well there be no quickly replacement, have manage with what they have currently.

Yes I have seen traffic Garda on the beat on sat night.

Yes it was seized very nice car should be done a lot more tbh

Today i thought I saw a brand new....yes new, traffic motorbike. So I am now wondering do these new bikes allow for pillion passangers/ prisoners?

No Pillons alowed a wise man told me :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Honda won the most recent tender for supply of Garda Motorcycles. The only way i'd carry a prisoner on a bike is tied to a ten foot rope, running behind the bike.

Honda won the most recent tender for supply of Garda Motorcycles. The only way i'd carry a prisoner on a bike is tied to a ten foot rope, running behind the bike.

:D Pure Class- just imagine the civil liberty brigade howling on about that, mind you i suppose it could be said that AGS had no choice due to cutbacks etc.

I am sure the general populace of this land would think this a very fitting way to transport a scumbag.

Hooch wrote: »
    No its not. As stated above there is an unmarked ST220 attached to a Traffic Corps and still is attached to them today.....but we won't mention where.

I saw it in person today, in literally, traffic. Infairness outside of its own district/ division, may have been heading to a certain courthouse.

Wow what a car :cool:.

• Advertisement

Hooch wrote: »
    No its not. As stated above there is an unmarked ST220 attached to a Traffic Corps and still is attached to them today.....but we won't mention where.

I saw it in person today, in literally, traffic. Infairness outside of its own district/ division, may have been heading to a certain courthouse.

Wow what a car :cool:.

Have to say marked 3l cars look great for 07s

Well to the untrained eye, one traffic marked Mondeo looks the same as the next.

But that unmarked one is a sexy beast. I am just imaging some boy racer out and about in his souped up 85 Toyota Starlet, with the chunky tyres, big exhaust, extended aerial and thick head.

He is motoring along some dual carrageway/ motorway and he notices this beautiful machine and decides to tease the driver as he wants to have a race.

Now thats a chase video I'd say would not last too long.

Well to the untrained eye, one traffic marked Mondeo looks the same as the next.

But that unmarked one is a sexy beast. I am just imaging some boy racer out and about in his souped up 85 Toyota Starlet, with the chunky tyres, big exhaust, extended aerial and thick head.

He is motoring along some dual carrageway/ motorway and he notices this beautiful machine and decides to tease the driver as he wants to have a race.

Now thats a chase video I'd say would not last too long.

I know what u mean :-) won't be long happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Lads does this traffic unit have two Fast forward buttons on the doors

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77471270&postcount=1184

WTF ...do they light up ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Is that a joke question? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Zambia wrote: »

If you look at the direction they are pointing they are actually rewind buttons... :p

Magnetic stick on & yeah they do light up.

Bosh wrote: »

If you look at the direction they are pointing they are actually rewind buttons... :p

They look really well, seen used couple times at MAT checkpoints.

Ps have to say for 07 car it looks great

No they go in the direction of the car so fast forward ....

Bugger never seen that before good little piece of kit that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Would Battenburg markings not provide the same function but not require an additional piece of equipment carried round?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭source

Would Battenburg markings not provide the same function but not require an additional piece of equipment carried round?

No battenburg are squares of yellow and blue, which highlight the presence of the vehicle. The arrows are directional signs, telling motorists they must drive a certain direction.

Battenburg are just squares. The arrows show a driver which way to move. You sometimes see them on checkpoints showing when a lane is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

foreign wrote: »
    Battenburg are just squares. The arrows show a driver which way to move. You sometimes see them on checkpoints showing when a lane is closed.

And the LEDs within each arrow light up in sequence indicating the direction of travel required.

Suppose it beats standing there and pointing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

And they will still ask:

"Can I not go down that way Guard?"

or

"Is there something going on Guard?"

As the Guard stands there in the pisses of rain... :rolleyes: :P

Silver regular car, thre was two of them in wilkar being kitted out, dont like them with regular markings at all

1.6 petrol were being used for unmarked cars when the first lot were bought, I know there is a traffic estate 11 reg avenais based in Dublin that's 1.6 pertol that def has no power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭d3exile

Silver regular car, thre was two of them in wilkar being kitted out, dont like them with regular markings at all

1.6 petrol were being used for unmarked cars when the first lot were bought, I know there is a traffic estate 11 reg avenais based in Dublin that's 1.6 pertol that def has no power

Supposedly our supt is trying to put this one in traffic which is a bit daft as our traffic unit has about 3 working at any one time but they have 1 unmarked avensis, 2 marked mondeos, a land cruiser and 5 bikes... We'd get one of the ex traffic 06/07 mondeos by default...

I reckon silver looks well with either markings but does this mean they've made up their mind on the colour of AGS fleet?

1.6 is brutally underpowered... It's a big heavy car

Maybe the powers that be, are being optimistic, thinking perhaps that the scumbags which these 1.6 petrol Toyotas are pursuing, will stick to the speed limit.

Infairness in general and in the mechanical world, engineers always specify something which will perform better than what is acceptable. But Garda vehicles with 1.6 petrol engines?
    I think the Toyota dealers service departments will be busy.

d3exile wrote: »

Supposedly our supt is trying to put this one in traffic which is a bit daft as our traffic unit has about 3 working at any one time but they have 1 unmarked avensis, 2 marked mondeos, a land cruiser and 5 bikes... We'd get one of the ex traffic 06/07 mondeos by default...

I reckon silver looks well with either markings but does this mean they've made up their mind on the colour of AGS fleet?

1.6 is brutally underpowered... It's a big heavy car

They haven't yet as there is a black octiva vrs in the college at mo being tested so no colour agreed

That bull with taking the car to traffic really batterburg markings are traffic, regular need a good car

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Not sure if here is the appropriate place to discuss, but the repossessed X5 got me wondering how many repossessed vehicles AGS would have in the fleet?

Saw an unmarked car recently which def didn't look the same as all other unmarked cars, even though it was the same model as one used. Basically it looked like something a traveller might have had beforehand:p

*Dont think i'm going into opsec territory here as it was a car on what seemed to be patrol with the occupants wearing fluorescent jackets and chatting to uniform gardai, rather than it being an undercover car which i doubt anyone would notice(or mention here;))...

Not sure if here is the appropriate place to discuss, but the repossessed X5 got me wondering how many repossessed vehicles AGS would have in the fleet?

Saw an unmarked car recently which def didn't look the same as all other unmarked cars, even though it was the same model as one used. Basically it looked like something a traveller might have had beforehand:p

*Dont think i'm going into opsec territory here as it was a car on what seemed to be patrol with the occupants wearing fluorescent jackets and chatting to uniform gardai, rather than it being an undercover car which i doubt anyone would notice(or mention here;))...

Tangos ( traffic) have a lot of different unmarked cars...we won't say what or where they are keep them as a surprise for some pillars of the community ;-)

I think they should be using the seized or even section 41 cars a lot more but they seem to like making money off cars

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gardatrafficop

D3exil

Take a look at that Sliver car again in the yard
    Its 2ltr. :)

D3exil

How can you tell from that angle? Is it the alloys?

Also that Mk 3 Ford Cortina, I have heard a rumour that AGS management are currently scouring museums and scrap yards in order to get them back on the fleet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gardatrafficop

Also that Mk 3 Ford Cortina, I have heard a rumour that AGS management are currently scouring museums and scrap yards in order to get them back on the fleet :D

There Hub Caps & i know as i was looking under the bonnett of that exact car when it arrived :):):):)

D3exil

Police spec cars only way to go to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

If that Avensis is a 1.8 I would hardly call a 147 bhp petrol under powered (think these are only Auto btw). The 2.0L diesels I would though.

Advertisement