Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jobs? Gone.
    Hospital services? Going.
    Power? Going every few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Jobs? Gone.
    Hospital services? Going.
    Power? Going every few days!

na na na na...na na na na...waaavvvee goooood byyyye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I heard the government has to give our energy to Germany to pay back the loans

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I heard the government has to give our energy to Germany to pay back the loans

I heard we have to pay Germany for them to take our energy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I heard we have to pay Germany for them to take our energy

They're buying up Irish electricity to replace the nuclear plants they want to close! :eek:

Quick, to Conspiracy Theories!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

These cause me headaches with equipment at work. That's 4 temporary power cuts since last Friday. Rolling blackouts next.

would ye not look into a battery back up of some sorts?

They're buying up taking Irish electricity to replace the nuclear plants they want to close! :eek:

Quick, to Conspiracy Theories!

FYP

These cause me headaches with equipment at work. That's 4 temporary power cuts since last Friday. Rolling blackouts next.

ugh... we have boxes out on customer sites and we cant make them put in UPS's....at 9:45 last night i was dealing with no less than 6 outages due to power...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭source

Christ half the region must have been blacked out, The power went out here in Kilaloe/Ballina around the same time.

foinse wrote: »
    Christ half the region must have been blacked out, The power went out here in Kilaloe/Ballina around the same time.

nenagh as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

would ye not look into a battery back up of some sorts?

Most of the stuff is on UPS but for some things it just ain't possible.
    It's no big deal sorting it out, just hassle-some first thing in the morning.

i was dealing with no less than 6 outages due to power...

welcome to my world :cool:

welcome to my world :cool:

It's my world ive been here longer!

It's my world ive been here longer!

My world is bigger

My world is bigger

balls....you got me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

anyone here run or manage a decent Limerick business that would like to donate some prizes to an international song contest? Have got a few prizes already but ........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

It was taken at the Vancouver riots. He had to be wearing the jersey! :mad:

limerick.png

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You see the rain, I see the rain.

You are wearing a jacket with a hood yet you don't put it up. WHYWHYWHY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Hey guys

I'm currently living in Dooradoyle (where I'm working also) but tbh have had a few 'incidents' in the fast few months which make me think where I'm living is pretty dodge (not to mention the aforementioned spiders which now seem to have moved in their friends!)

So I was thinking of moving to the city centre, which is probably going to be open to the same potential dodginess (sure ye get it everywhere, not just Limerick) but at least I'd have the benefits of city living e.g. nice cafes etc. / not rows and rows of houses looking identical etc. Have I just had a few bad experiences with Dooradoyle and maybe just look to move somewhere else in the area (I could just have a dodgy estate I guess). Like would people recommend steering clear of the city centre typically (I was thinking of places round Henry St/ O'Connell St/ Hartstonge St where there are a few apartments atm)? I was looking for places round the SCR too. It seems really hard to find a place to rent if you are just one person and don't want to share. I've gone to see a few and they were filthy :(

So yeah Dooradoyle or move to the citaaay? I know this isn't really random waffle, but i didn't feel my girly indecision justified a thread of its own.

Thanks guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

it depends on your rental budget really? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

I live in the city centre. There are no spiders. That's from a sample size of one apartment though so might not hold up for the rest of the place.

Been living here for over a year now and managed to avoid any dodgyness so far, which I think makes me pretty lucky considering some of the doomsaying stuff I had heard before I moved here :rolleyes:

Won't be cheap for a nice one person place but you could probably haggle them down a good bit, from what I've heard.

Voy wrote: »
    I live in the city centre. There are no spiders. That's from a sample size of one apartment though so might not hold up for the rest of the place.

Been living here for over a year now and managed to avoid any dodgyness so far, which I think makes me pretty lucky considering some of the doomsaying stuff I had heard before I moved here :rolleyes:

Won't be cheap for a nice one person place but you could probably haggle them down a good bit, from what I've heard.

Thanks Voy! No spiders? SOLD! :D:D

I really don't mind paying a bit extra for a nice place tbh - I have reached that age when spider-less, filth-free living is worth a few quid extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Got him eventually.

Cat.png

Includes weird cat video. Pretending to be a dog until somebody caught him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Got him on my third go and then couldnt get that blasted cat anymore

once you get the hang of it its simples

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone see the space station yet?

Daghda Dance Companies Church getting set up for tomorrow nights Michael Jackson tribute night.

50153055.jpg

My little area. Nyom Nyom

9516f3e9.jpg

• Advertisement

Hmmm Weissbier. Bier is my vice :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement