Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prov driving licence extension?

• 01-04-2013 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello I'm new to boards.ie hope someone here can help me....anyway my driving licence expires on the 20th of April It's my second provisional.I'm driving since 2009. A driving instructor told me to apply for the driving test there is an 8 week wait where I will take the test.once I have confirmation cancel the test and apply for the learners permit this will give me a chance to take a few lesions beforehand. should I do this or can I get my licence extended to the date of the test? Any info would be grate Thanks Jamie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

There is also a lengthy wait for the permit as well. I don't know where you are, but in some cases it'll be about a month before the permit comes back.

Do you have your 12 lessons completed yet? If you have, I'd apply for the permit now. And if you've been driving unaccompanied, I'd stay off the road until the permit comes back. It also seems to vary from county to county what will be acceptable to the Gards if you're unfortunate enough to be stopped. See here.

Advertisement