Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eircom D1000 Modem NAT TYPE 1/OPEN Help

• 08-06-2014 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Sorry if this post is the wrong section.

Im here looking for help on how to get NAT TYPE 1 on PS3/PS4 using Eircom's latest router available called the Eircom D1000 I Believe its named.

At default settings it gives me NAT TYPE 2 and Moderate NAT in online games.
    I know a lot of you are just going to say NAT TYPE 2 is fine just port forward or DMZ but thats only a temporary solution as when i port forward to go from Moderate to Open it will work for couple days and then one day when i decide to play it will just turn STRICT and i wont be able connect to any online game servers.

Then the only way to fix this after its happened is to restore it to factory settings but then when i try to play online ( without any settings changed after the resetting to factory settings ) i will connect but it will give me an OPEN NAT instead of its default Moderate.
    But this OPEN NAT it gives me is like a one time use as when i want to change game or turn my console off till next use when i try to play again it will return to STRICT
    So what i have to do is restore it factory settings hoping it goes Moderate

Basically when Moderate its fine theres no problems just the fact i need it Open so i can play with certain people and some people i cant hear because of it

I want to just be NAT TYPE 1 because as i dont want to have to port forward all the time and go through all this each time also at times there will be two consoles on at same time and if want to change console i cant change the IP to the one with ports on it as the problems above happen again

I really just want NAT TYPE 1 without problems like my old silver Eircom Modem which i just used PPPoE and had 0 problems With NAT i dont want to go back to that as the connections isnt as great and i have a higher ping

With the D1000 router i have now i can get NAT 1 but thats by bridging but when i do it only wired connections can use the internet where as theres phones and another PS3 which cant be wired so i need be able to get TYPE 1 While other devices has no problem connecting

There must be a way to do this any help would be appreciated and if you read all of this thank you.

Advertisement