Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Old lip piercing flaring up

Options
  • 09-10-2014 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey all. I've had many piercings over the years, mostly facial ones. At one point in time I had snake bites and my labret pierced. I took out my labret piercing at least 4 years ago and about 2 years ago I took out my snake bites. They all seemed to heal up and scar over normally. But, within the past year or so, every few months the area around my old labret piercing gets irritated and infected. Now, I naturally have clear skin, I wash my face normally and use lip balm on a semi-frequent basis, so it's not as if the area is usually dirty or something like that. The only thing that was abnormal about my labret piercing was that when I originally got it done (when I was 18), I had to get custom rings made because I naturally have very full lips and normal sized rings were actually splitting my lip in half. So, has anyone ever had this issue or have advice on how to avoid the problem/care for it? When it flares up, I use hydrogen peroxide on it and then put neosporin on it and refrain from using products in the mean time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement