Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix - General discussion & technical queries

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

Had a quick look at it and the selection of shows and films on offer doesn't look great. Even in 'recent films', most of them are at least 2 years old.

Annoyed as well that they made the effort to add a load of British shows and added a 'British Films' section, while we were just an afterthought with no Irish shows added and no Irish Films added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Am I missing the rest of the available movies? The site says "1000s" but I can browse only 100 or so??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

Hey
    does anybody know if there is an ipad app for this in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The kids animated section makes this completely worth it.
    X-Men, Spiderman, Beyblade, Hey Arnold, Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Sonic O_O

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dunno about the selection, but watching Arrested Development and the HD streaming is fantastic!

• Advertisement

Dunno about the selection, but watching Arrested Development and the HD streaming is fantastic!
    I can't find these choices on the site :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I can confirm that if you have/set up a US account, the app works for xbox live. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

Just signed up for the month free trail and managed to download the ipad app so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

If you go to Taste Profile and Taste Preferences, the amount of sub-genres to rate is huge. Actually a pretty good selection of stuff I'd watch on my Home screen after going though all that.

According to this Netflix is close to signing Sony, Disney and Paramount so that will add a lot more content.

http://www.digitaltimes.ie/2012/01/netflix-to-launch-in-ireland-this-week/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

CMpunked wrote: »
    Go to: Hotmail.com and create an account.
    Create it preferably in the region you want to have your xbl account set up for, US or UK.

When thats done head over to xbox.com and scroll to the bottom. Again, chose the region. In this sense, pick United states.
    Now make a new xbl account using your newly made email address.
    (for the zip code, i used 10017. Its central parks zip, ;) Dont forget the password you give the account.
    When the account is up and running you will be given a randomised gamertag.

Now, go to your xbox and sign out. And chose sign in.
    Instead of signing in with an account saved, go to the right and pick download account.

Put in your email address and password of your created account.
    You will then download the profile and have a free membership in the region you made it for.
    This means you can download apps such as 4od from the UK site and use it with your irish gold account.

Download the apps you want and then sign in with your regular profile. Go into your apps and it should be there. :)

Done and done, thanks very much :)

Unfortunately, seems netflix doesnt work on the xbox yet, not for me at least

• Advertisement

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Done and done, thanks very much :)

Unfortunately, seems netflix doesnt work on the xbox yet, not for me at least

Really? Im using it fine.
    How far have you gotten?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I can't find these choices on the site :o

Neither can I.

Again, Where the hell are these?

Really? Im using it fine.
    How far have you gotten?

Scratch previous, i signed up for the free trial through facebook, assumed it used the same password. All is good now, set up a new password, which reminds me, im gona have to start writing them down!!!

Much appreciated CMpunked :)
    Are there any other US apps worth grabbing?

Hogzy wrote: »
    Neither can I.

Again, Where the hell are these?

Try the search box? Works fine for me.

Try the search box? Works fine for me.
    I hadn't signed up when looking around initially, and for some reason the "Browse" section shows a load of crap before you join!! Hardly a good advertisement. But everything is available now that I've signed up :)

I just signed up, kinda happy. Some shows on there that I have to watch to geek out on like firefly or doll house (shame to say I didn't see them yet)

And while I own Buffy and Angel in iTunes, WTH is it on Netflix!?

Also a bug on 24, Only showing seasons 1-4 when there are 8.

EDIT: Who owns the rights to Buffy for the european market?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just tested the Android phone & tablet app. Works schwimmingly I must say :)

Wow. Just signed up and the selection is actually quite good. There home page when you are not joined would put ALOT of people off. They would want to get that sorted.

Watching Hard Boiled now :cool:

Just watched Hey Arnold. Looks like its gonna be a late one tonight! :D
    foxerv1 wrote: »
    Much appreciated CMpunked :)
    Are there any other US apps worth grabbing?

US apps seem to be IP locked. So the likes of HULU wont work over here. :(
    Although, the UFC app works.
    The 4OD app thats available through the UK accounts is a must though. Works exceptionally well. :)

• Advertisement

About €0.25 a day for unlimited streaming on all yer devices is fairly good I think.

Just watched Hey Arnold. Looks like its gonna be a late one tonight! :D

US apps seem to be IP locked. So the likes of HULU wont work over here. :(
    Although, the UFC app works.
    The 4OD app thats available through the UK accounts is a must though. Works exceptionally well. :)

Aye, i tested a few of them. UFC works but i dont think you can actually buy any of the events?

Ah, 4od, have now seen every episode of Skins and Shameless thanks to that gem

Really wish Last.FM worked though
    :(

Does anyone know how to get a HD stream on the PS3. When i select the movie i want to watch there is a HD logo but when stream the movie it is quite obvious that the stream isnt HD.

I'm just saying I think over the week the catalogue should beef up as films are promised to be on there like Pulp Fiction, Lord of the Rings etc as check the Netflix press releases etc. And if MGM does James Bond... hehe!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Breaking Bad,Rescue Me,Hey Arnold + many more,all on the Xbox free for a month,awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Hogzy wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get a HD stream on the PS3. When i select the movie i want to watch there is a HD logo but when stream the movie it is quite obvious that the stream isnt HD.

It worked for me automatically I think, I watched an episode of South Park in HD and after a few seconds at bad quality it loaded in HD, I could be wrong though I'm sitting a good bit back and wasn't paying attention fully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Just tested the Android phone & tablet app. Works schwimmingly I must say :)

Android app is not accepting my username/password :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Do I have to do this Facebook sharing crap to sign up to the free trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Think so.

Selection of shows is a bit meh to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Never-mind. I signed up on my PS3 and it let me skip the Facebook crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement