Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland's Animal A&E

• 13-01-2010 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭

On TV3 every Wednesday at 7.30 if anyone is interested. The male presenter tries to make a joke out of everything (I know he'd worked on a travel show before where he was a bit of a messer so not his fault he's completely the wrong man for the job) but the female presenter is nice enough. They film with the ISPCA, UCD Vets and a few more Vets around Dublin/Wicklow. Might be of interest to some of you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Saw it again tonight, it's great that they have the animals varied a bit.

Rekon they could cover more in each show though, bit slow moving.
    Still, it's great to have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Saw the first show and I thought it was great how they highlighted the fact that animals (i.e horses) which are being neglected are being rescued and the people hopefully prosecuted...

Also, I was in tears when the little Bichon didn't make it out of the operation :(

Missed it last night but I think it's a great show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kittycancan

Just watched it on TV3 website.

Good show, really suprising! Terrible to see the neglect of some animals but also good to see the care and attention that good people are giving to animals.

Two presenter's Michael and Andrea Hayes (are they married?) did a good job and didn't see the half an hour go by. I usually only give out on this site.... makes a nice change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Watched the first episode during the week on the TV3 site, had a little cry for poor Lucy :(

Its also very sad about the amount of horses being dumped isn't it? :(

Missed last night again cos of work, it should be online soon though hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Watched it again last night...its annoying that they waste time introducing the vets again at the start of the programme, no doubt they'll do it again next week....:mad:..the half hour doesnt seem enough.....
    Presenters a ok....but theres a bit too much zipping back and forth , bad editing imo.....good show though.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ruby58

Thought it was only me who thought the male presenter was no good for the job. How many people who understand animals growl in a Great Dane's face!!!
    Quite a few things got me going on last Wednesday night's episode (the only one I have seen so far, but certainly am watching the next one). The female presenter relishing the fact that they had rescued the beautiful German Shepherd tied up to the mobile home. But failing to point out that, quote the dog warden in attendance 'he will get 5 days grace' means just that..is the dog still alive is what I want to know. The lame obviously very hungry horse is ok because the ISPCA man found some hay in the mud and this suggests the poor animal has been fed at some point in its life, he could even recognise it as good quality hay because he (ISPCA man) gave it a sniff, the mud never masked the smell at all, I can't ever remember my horses eating muddy hay and enjoying it. My list goes on but this will do for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ruby58 wrote: »
    But failing to point out that, quote the dog warden in attendance 'he will get 5 days grace' means just that..is the dog still alive is what I want to know.
    I know this bothered me also seeing as this was filmed some weeks ago. I thought the ISPCA had a no-put-down policy and that it was pounds that had the 5 day grace period.

I dont know much about horses but i also queried how you could tell good hay from sniffing a wet clearly rotten looking bit left in a frozen field.Maybe someone could enlighten me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 tellingeye

I like this show.

Didn't think I would as I'm not really an animal person but I liked it.
    Michael Hayes the presenter and Jerry the bald vet ... hotness sandwhich!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

tellingeye wrote: »
    Jerry the bald vet ... hotness
    Just him on his own would do me :D Gorgeous!

Advertisement