Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

Stuff arrived today and no tax, great quality gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I got an email today saying they had a problem with authorising my credit card and for me to ring them. Did anyone else have this problem? I don't really want to ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Yea I did also, I just sent them cc information again, hopefully that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

shortys94 wrote: »
    Yea I did also, I just sent them cc information again, hopefully that works.

whats cc information?:confused:
    this happened to my mother, the only way i buy stuff on this now without them asking for like passport and stuff is buy using a 3v card which gets quite expensive with all the little added on costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

cc = Credit Card
    I just put in another identical order. Hope they won't send two orders now as there dosen't seem to be any way of cancelling the old one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Why don't you just ring them?

It happened to my mate, he accidentally put in the wrong expiry date on his cc. It took him a couple of minutes on the phone to get it sorted and his package was dispatched the following day.

they probably won't send either at all, we ordered so much and my mother got emails saying there were problems authorising the card and they needed proof of identification like her passport. tell me if you get your clothes because i got a 15% discount too and i want to use it, but it would be too late if i had to get a 3v voucher again.

Makaveli wrote: »
    Why don't you just ring them?

It happened to my mate, he accidentally put in the wrong expiry date on his cc. It took him a couple of minutes on the phone to get it sorted and his package was dispatched the following day.

my mother rang loads of time, did no good!:(
    its really annoying cos american eagle is so nice and its shipping fee is cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Jimmy81

Got my stuff today.

Missed delivery on Monday so I had to go and collect from the post office.

FYI: The amount on the front of the package was the amount the clothes cost before the discount was applied. This may be of interest to anyone wanting to keep the price on the front of teh parcel below a certain amount.
    My order was $125.
    There were no customs charges :)

I usually take a medium over here, the US medium fits me fine.

To the OP, thanks very much for posting the Code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭samo

Got my order today, having ordered last Thursday, great turnaround. My total was $111 inc shipping and escaped customs.

Very pleased with the clothes, great quality.

Cheers OP....might try and get another order in before the 25th.

• Advertisement

Called them realier about cc information only to find out they still didn't put the order through, so I sent them a copy of a drivers licence and bank statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

@bren50c, Tried my stuff on for fit and the large(vintage fit) in a T-shirt and long sleeve T-shirt is perfect. Not too baggy/not too tight. Also got a hoodie in a large and it's also fine. It's a loose fit so don't go for an XL and the medium on me was too small. Hope that helps you out.:)

Yet another shout out to the OP, thanks very much for the code.;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

shortys94 wrote: »
    Called them realier about cc information only to find out they still didn't put the order through, so I sent them a copy of a drivers licence and bank statement.

Hi Guys,

I put in an order a few days ago and got an email saying that my cc didnt match with or whatever so they wanted a copy of ID and credit card statement. I sent them a copy of my licence but i dont really wanna send them my credit card statement. What number do you actually ring, i can't seem to find one for international callers!

Thanks

Jockey#1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Yea Thanks OP for code!

Very happy with clothes, my order was $158 no customs charges!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Just ordered $100 worth of stuff there, came to just under $130 including shipping. Here's hoping I get away tax free!

Edit; Just got that automated email that the order had been suspended until I call them, ugh, hassle.

hey about the op giving a discount code, i thought you could only use one could once like!?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

got my stuff today. nearly everything is too big though. I thought I'd try large tall since I am tall but it's way too big, large would've been fine. so I gotta send the stuff back.

they recommend that I send it via FedEx or UPS but I was checking out delivery charges online and it seems mad expensive (approx. €80) and wouldn't be worth it. how did others return their items? just with An Post?

does anyone know if I can do an exchange instead of them refunding me the money and then me ordering again? it says on the back of the invoice that you can but it says to 'fill out the shipping address section with the US address you'd like your goods sent to'. so I don't know if I can do an exchange from Ireland. also if I do an exchange I think they pay for the postage of my new items to Ireland whereas if I got a refund and ordered again I would have to pay for postage to Ireland again.

other than the sizes being wrong which is my own fault really I gotta say they offer a great service, very speedy delivery and good quality gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

Ordered hoodie and jeans on Wednesday evening and it arrived yesterday. Brilliant postage time.

I spent 98 dollars and no hassle with customs.

Very happy with sizing. Same as I would buy here.

Will be using it again for sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

aliqueenb wrote: »
    hey about the op giving a discount code, i thought you could only use one could once like!?

Can use it as much as you like until 25th March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

Just recieved my second package this morning having used code twice. Both orders between 100/150 dollars. Avoided customs both times. Thanks again OP :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

got mine yesterday, no customs, order was $161 inc $40 delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Order placed on 3/3 arrived this morning, after sitting in Portlaoise since last Friday.

Order value USD 148 (inc USD 40 ) shipping, got charged EUR 48 customs.
    Need to double check the paperwork when I get home as it looks a tad high,
    might be a case of customs mixing up their dollars and euros and applying
    the charge on EUR 148.

i got an email giving me a discount code but it said i could only use it once...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

Thanks a lot OP

gear arrived 2 days ago,

100 Dollars value, 40 shipping, No Customs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AdrianC

Thanks OP. Got mine today. Just one item $49 (less discount) plus $25 postage. No customs charge :)

The shipping charge is not displayed on the outside of the package (nor on the customs slip in the plastis pocket) so how do customs know how much to charge you?

Size wise, I went for medium based on their sizing charts, normal go for large or medium here (mostly large) - size is perfect.

They finally shipped my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

aliqueenb wrote: »
    i got an email giving me a discount code but it said i could only use it once...

is it for free shipping. some other people received these when they signed to the mailing list. the OP oroginal code is for a discount on purchases.

sweetie wrote: »
    is it for free shipping. some other people received these when they signed to the mailing list. the OP oroginal code is for a discount on purchases.

no 15% off purchases, got to use it by tomorrow though, and i bet you my mothers credit card will not be accepted grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Got mine this morning, ordered, Saturday night, so very pleased with that,$98 for goods $30 for p&p. I'm in between XL and XXL here so judging by there size charts I went for XXL. Got 2 tshirts and shirts, on of the tshirts is a bit tight though, so if any of you are orderig the new in stock tshirt just know that they're a littletighter than the other ones.

Now anyone want to buy a brown xxl tshirt! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭bren50c

@bren50c, Tried my stuff on for fit and the large(vintage fit) in a T-shirt and long sleeve T-shirt is perfect. Not too baggy/not too tight. Also got a hoodie in a large and it's also fine. It's a loose fit so don't go for an XL and the medium on me was too small. Hope that helps you out.:)

Yet another shout out to the OP, thanks very much for the code.;);)

thanks man. appreciate it.

Advertisement