Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gigabit VoIP Router

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

Just registered the new AVM handset this evening and it never saw another base station.

Went through the wizard again just to b sure and selected Dect connection etc.., make a test ring back to handset as well.

Shows 3 cordless phones connected on the main home page but Dect monitor shows them not connected??

Also, changes frequency channel a lot...

Has anyone had problems with 05.51 firmware and Dect?

Keep crashing the box when it tries to upgrade..

Fritzbox 7360 05.51 firmware and Dect that is

Could not get the Dect phones to dial out with Blueface. SIP phone app was fine but need phones.

Can someone advise a VoIP provider where the setup on Fritzbox 7360 (or similar model) and Dect phones syncing was hassle free. Make international calls to France and Oz really the main use.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I re-read the thread and wondered ....

do you still have the original DECT base station plugged into the mains for charging?

I understand you unplugged the telephone wire, but (maybe I missed it) not the power cable to the old base station?

I use the non-base-station charging devices for the DECT phones.

My set up does not have a second DECT function in the router so I connect to the equivalent of FON1 with the original DECT base station active = powered and connected to tel.

I would expect that if the original base station is active (powered) then it could easily interfere with the set up of the phones to the Fritz base station.

• Advertisement

I have tried all the following and none give me a dial tone. These worked fine with WRP400.

- Disconnecting original base station from FON1 (via basic patch panel)
    - Disconnecting power from base station as well as FON1 line. Registering phone directly with Fritzbox.
    - Bought AVM phone with power cradle (no base station) and registered directly with Frizbox

On the Overview page it states Dect is active and phones registered.
    On the Dect Monitor page, it states for all phones ' not connected'

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭65535

I have a 7220 with software 5.53
    DECT works fine (last time I tried it)

Just realised that the Dect monitor only shows connected when the phone is making a call.

I called the AVM voice clip which is pre-set in the telephone book and it dials out, shows on dialled numbers but is not using provider.

I can also dial each phone internally so they are all connected Dect on Fritzbox

I'm now thinking this is one of the settings which is not conducive to Blueface. When I dial a number it states 'no route to destination' on the display.

Anyone using Blueface that can PM me the screen shots of each of the telephony settings? Have tried Blueface and they are not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

jaytobe wrote: »
    Just realised that the Dect monitor only shows connected when the phone is making a call.

I called the AVM voice clip which is pre-set in the telephone book and it dials out, shows on dialled numbers but is not using provider.

I can also dial each phone internally so they are all connected Dect on Fritzbox

I'm now thinking this is one of the settings which is not conducive to Blueface. When I dial a number it states 'no route to destination' on the display.

Anyone using Blueface that can PM me the screen shots of each of the telephony settings? Have tried Blueface and they are not sure.

Did you get this sorted I have a Fritzbox just got it yesterday and am with blueface 3 Dect handsets connected to Fritz Box Base work perfect Handsets are Gigaset

mylesm wrote: »
    Did you get this sorted I have a Fritzbox just got it yesterday and am with blueface 3 Dect handsets connected to Fritz Box Base work perfect Handsets are Gigaset
    Sure didn't...although I tried an internet connection which turned off the firewall and I called out
    can you send me screen shots of the telephony settings you are using

• Advertisement

Sure didn't...although I tried an internet connection which turned off the firewall and I called out

just sent you a pm

heres my BLueface Screen

heres my BLueface Screen

where xxxxxxx

My Number

username

password

where xxxxxxx

My Number

username

password

I am using Fritzbox in Lan mode I have an external Router connected to my Cable modem and Fritzbox is connected to this router via its LAN1 port

heres internet screen

Thanks mylesm.

Under Operating Mode, I have the other option ticked for the following reason only...

I tried the second one and it disabled the firewall and Dect phones dial out, still couldn't dial in (certainly a firewall issue I have).
    Did a speed check and got 7mb down and 8mb up...package I have is 3mb down and 1mb up....no idea what is going with that option. When should it be used?

However, wifi started dropping off regularly so had to switch back..

Thanks mylesm.

Under Operating Mode, I have the other option ticked for the following reason only...

I tried the second one and it disabled the firewall and Dect phones dial out, still couldn't dial in (certainly a firewall issue I have).
    Did a speed check and got 7mb down and 8mb up...package I have is 3mb down and 1mb up....no idea what is going with that option. When should it be used?

However, wifi started dropping off regularly so had to switch back..

Second option is used when you have an external modem or router allready connected to internet and you then are only using fritzbox as access point not using its internal modem

Second option is used when you have an external modem or router allready connected to internet and you then are only using fritzbox as access point not using its internal modem

I have no other router but modem is built into sat dish for my line of sight ISP. Perhaps I should change to that option then? Can't understand how speeds are outside my package allowance.

I have no other router but modem is built into sat dish for my line of sight ISP. Perhaps I should change to that option then? Can't understand how speeds are outside my package allowance.

Those speeds you see are speeds you are supposed to fill in for your connection

put you speeds into the boxes

Those speeds you see are speeds you are supposed to fill in for your connection

put you speeds into the boxes

If you have an external modem you should have

Under connection set option 3 external modem or router

and under operating mode option 1 make own connection to internet

and connect your modem to lan1 of the fritz box

it might be worth resetting fritz to factory and then running wizard and setting it as above

mylesm

• Advertisement

I have those settings now and can dial out but cannot dial in..

Also for my Vodafone Sure Signal which, ISP wants to use PPPoE to increase bandwidth, do you know how to switch WAN type to this?

I have those settings now and can dial out but cannot dial in..

Also for my Vodafone Sure Signal which, ISP wants to use PPPoE to increase bandwidth, do you know how to switch WAN type to this?

no sorry I have cable internet so not using DSL

no sorry I have cable internet so not using DSL

But Extra bandwidth wont make a difference to recieving calls to be honest a voip call uses very little bandwidth

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

But Extra bandwidth wont make a difference to recieving calls to be honest a voip call uses very little bandwidth

It might for VF Sure Signal.

Mr. G wrote: »
    It might for VF Sure Signal.

Im not sure what VF Sure is but if you havent got enough Bandwidth to recieve a VOIP call then you will have problems surfing web etc

If you can call out no problem and can carry out conversation with other party and you can hear them and are happy with call then bandwidth seems to be ok both ways

not being able to call in sounds like a setting in your router or provider

can you put a softphone on a pc or smartphone and try blueface on it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭65535

Have a look at your settings at the Blueface website and see if your lines are registered.

Thanks for that from what i can see that is a box that plugs into your existing network and creates a 3g signal to give mobile coverage in weak areas

But the op should be using his orignal broadband connection to connect the fritzbox not VFsure or am i missing something

Separate issues:

1. Cannot get all facets of Blueface work. Can dial out to most numbers, cannot dial in.

2. VF saying they need 0.5Mb upload for Sure signal work (no issue for 4yrs) so ISP wants to change WAN type to PPPoE to increase bandwidth. AVM answer as follows but none the wiser as all this is set but cannot see a PPPoE option or username/password.

This FRITZ!Box can be used behind another modem as described in the
    following link:

http://service.avm.de/support/en/SKB/FRITZ-Box-7360-int/265:Configuring-FRITZ-Box-for-use-with-external-ADSL-SDSL-VDSL-modem

The firewall functions of the FRITZ!Box are only active when the FRITZ!Box
    establishes the Internet connection itself in router mode (standard
    setting).
    If it is run behind another router as an IP client, the firewall of the
    FRITZ!Box will be deactivated (but not, if it is run in "router mode"
    behind another router).

• Advertisement

Separate issues:

1. Cannot get all facets of Blueface work. Can dial out to most numbers, cannot dial in.

2. VF saying they need 0.5Mb upload for Sure signal work (no issue for 4yrs) so ISP wants to change WAN type to PPPoE to increase bandwidth. AVM answer as follows but none the wiser as all this is set but cannot see a PPPoE option or username/password.

This FRITZ!Box can be used behind another modem as described in the
    following link:

http://service.avm.de/support/en/SKB/FRITZ-Box-7360-int/265:Configuring-FRITZ-Box-for-use-with-external-ADSL-SDSL-VDSL-modem[/url

The firewall functions of the FRITZ!Box are only active when the FRITZ!Box
    establishes the Internet connection itself in router mode (standard
    setting).
    If it is run behind another router as an IP client, the firewall of the
    FRITZ!Box will be deactivated (but not, if it is run in "router mode"
    behind another router).

what is you orignal broadband not the VF Sure box do you have a modem router that the VFsure box is connected to is it connected via ethernet to it

is the vf sure just giving you a 3g signal

Advertisement