Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rammstein at the 02 Dublin Feb. 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Mushy wrote: »
    Read it was around half 8.
    it'll be later than 830 I'd say. We have meet & greet tickets and that's happening at 830.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

lorweld wrote: »
    it'll be later than 830 I'd say. We have meet & greet tickets and that's happening at 830.
    surely they will be finishing playing at 11 so i cant imagine them starting before 9

Don't know but we were told to be there at 830 sharp for meet & greet.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

lorweld wrote: »
    Don't know but we were told to be there at 830 sharp for meet & greet.

Where/How did you get Meet and Greet tickets ? :O

Where/How did you get Meet and Greet tickets ? :O

I won them :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Anyone know how much it costs for refreshments in the 02?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

McChubbin wrote: »

I think beers are about €6 from memory

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

McChubbin wrote: »
    Last time I was in the O2 it was 5 or 6 euro for a terrible pint of carlsberg

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Last time I was in the O2 it was 5 or 6 euro for a terrible pint of carlsberg
    Bah, Carlsberg is pisswater! Feck that! If they play Buck Dich uncensored, I'll just go to the front row and get blasted with milk! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jammydodgers07

Does anyone know if sound cellar will have any tickets for this tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Does anyone know if sound cellar will have any tickets for this tomorrow?

Loads of tickets here http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/tickets/62

And for way less than face value too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Gonna stick on Volkerball now just to tip my excitement over :)

see yiz there tomorrow!!

and in Club Hell after :D

rock whore wrote: »
    and in Club Hell after :D

A fiver to get in, on a monday night, they can get to fcuk!!!

We're prob gonna go Gypsy Rose after, then cab it back to Swords

7 euro in without a flyer, gig finishes at 11, be there by 11.30 on a monday night and 7euro in, get to fcuk yet again

So i just asked them on there FB page (S.E.G) why they were charging 7euro to get in..........AND THEY BINNED ME AND BANNED ME FROM COMMENTING ON ANY OF THERE POSTS!!!

In principle I agree with you.
    but I have run clubs before and getting the venue, the DJ, the decor & the promotion **** costs a bomb, nevermind the drinks promos. I doubt anyone involved in the club is really making money off this ( but the venue might, tho the door charge is nothing to do with them)

**** it, i'm in my mid-thirties and i don't get out much plus i've been planning, and budgeting, for this gig for over six months, I shall be flying the flag of rock until 3 in the morning then looking for a couch to crash on! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

So has anyone confirmed they will be able to do the full stage show? My housemate is confident they wouldn't have bothered coming if they couldn't and points to their no shows for so many years on these shores as evidence. I don't need the "whole milk" experience but a little bit of fire to sooth the soul would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm in two minds about it. I can't see how the two stages thing will work, sure the people at the back wouldn't be able to see them on it. The pyro side of things should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

I'm so used to scaled down shows here at this point I don't mind so much about the second stage as long as we get a bit of petrol. I honestly can't recall any indoor pyrotechnics from anyone in this country beyond the odd explosive in a glitter cannon. To be honest this show is about 10 years too late for me so I'm going on the strength of nostalgia and promise of impressive visuals.

I never bothered with a decent camera into the O2. I know they do searches and I'm probably asking for trouble bringing one into the standing area anyway but will they put up any stink about telephoto lenses? I've found out that my assorted, far too old for this lark companions, all forgot to book work off the next day and will allegedly be sober so I might as well try and get a few photos.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

scudzilla wrote: »
    So i just asked them on there FB page (S.E.G) why they were charging 7euro to get in..........AND THEY BINNED ME AND BANNED ME FROM COMMENTING ON ANY OF THERE POSTS!!!
    Love it. All hail free speech!!
    Toast wrote: »
    So has anyone confirmed they will be able to do the full stage show? My housemate is confident they wouldn't have bothered coming if they couldn't.........
    I can't see the O2 allowing a 'full' stageshow, doesn't seem to fit into the 'Health and Safety' bollix that is all over this country.
    I do hope to be pleasantly surprised though. Am taking my small pocket camera with me, has 14x zoom so should still manage a bit of detail from the seats.

I assume the after show party are charging E5 in as they know there will be demand. And they are not a charity.

Like a fine port, Rammstein should be enjoyed with friends.

• Advertisement

Can someone explain the 2 stages thing? What's that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Can someone explain the 2 stages thing? What's that about?

There's a video here that shows you it, not embedding in case people don't want to see it before tonight http://youtu.be/-vpcEC3X1_A?t=3m8s

Kiss had a second stage, it'll probably work in the same way there's did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

anyone got stage times yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

NIBBS wrote: »
    anyone got stage times yet ?

According to a mate of mine who seen them in London,they hit the stage at 20.30 and finished about 22.30. Gonna get there just after 20.00 myself just to be safe.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

lord lucan wrote: »
    According to a mate of mine who seen them in London,they hit the stage at 20.30 and finished about 22.30. Gonna get there just after 20.00 myself just to be safe.:)

cheers Lucan,
    I'm guessing if the M&G's are being told to be there at 20:30 then they'll be on here at 21:00 and done by 11, but I'll be there for the support if I can

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Anyone know if they are doing any signing sessions? (like before some of their shows? Stockholm etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Eye

So looking forward to this tonight.

Only flew back into Dublin at 06:45 this morning after holiday, jet lagged to fcuk but I don't mind the 2.5 hr drive back to Dublin this afternoon to see the show as I know its going to be good :)

Saw them in 2005 i think it was over in Cardiff, and although it was a small enough venue there, they certainly didn't hold back as the flames were going right up towards the ceiling of the arena :)

Not long to go now! Only an hour and a half before I set off to the Point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 the-tyke

Sitting in work in the IFSC with Rammstein blaring in the headphones ... soon be time for the off I think ... beers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

I normally don't go to any concerts (was only twice or so classical music) but now am really excited about tonight. My colleague did had to convince me hard of going (althohgh Rammstein is one of my favourite bands) but am now thankful she did :)

Advertisement