Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

disk lock key replacement

Options
  • 05-01-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi there,
    A week ago, through my own foolishness, I lost my keys, including the key to my disk lock.

I've only got the one key now, which probably isn't the best of ideas in the long term.
    I haven't had the chance to pop into a bike shop, but I have been to a pretty decent locksmiths, and was told they couldn't copy the key.

I have a little piece of plastic with a code on it, but there's no indication on the piece of plastic, remaining key, or indeed the lock itself as to the brand name of the lock. It seems a pretty generic disk lock though.

I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem, or would have any ideas as to where to get a key copied.
    Or would it be as easy/cheap to just get a new lock?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

Hi there,
    A week ago, through my own foolishness, I lost my keys, including the key to my disk lock.

I've only got the one key now, which probably isn't the best of ideas in the long term.
    I haven't had the chance to pop into a bike shop, but I have been to a pretty decent locksmiths, and was told they couldn't copy the key.

I have a little piece of plastic with a code on it, but there's no indication on the piece of plastic, remaining key, or indeed the lock itself as to the brand name of the lock. It seems a pretty generic disk lock though.

I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem, or would have any ideas as to where to get a key copied.
    Or would it be as easy/cheap to just get a new lock?

Thanks for your help

I'd jsut buy a new lock and when u are buying one in a decent bike shop enquire about replacement keys for ur new one, murphys law, if u know u can get replacements then chances are u will never need em ;)

At least ur not stuck with a disk lock on ur bike and having to break it off :rolleyes:

Advertisement