Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Darkglasses/Pompous 1.9 Server Thread

• 27-01-2015 11:48am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New Vanilla Server run by Darkglasses and Pompous.

If you want in, post your player name here.

I.P. is 37.59.15.101

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It was Pompus who let me know the thing had expired and had asked if I could upload the map, so I'd say he'll be up for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Thanks for setting it up - was great fun while it lasted. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

Yeah thanks Shim, 'twas a grand server :)

DG I'm up for hosting it too. Want to go halves?

When I have time I'll look into a more cost-effective method of hosting. Realms is a bit on the pricey side and doesn't allow for any mods/plugins I think. I hosted a server off my laptop for about a year so I know how to add/manage plugins and such.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Pompous wrote: »
    Yeah thanks Shim, 'twas a grand server :)

DG I'm up for hosting it too. Want to go halves?

When I have time I'll look into a more cost-effective method of hosting. Realms is a bit on the pricey side and doesn't allow for any mods/plugins I think. I hosted a server off my laptop for about a year so I know how to add/manage plugins and such.

Yep, sounds good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I know i havent been on the servers that much(read at all for vanilla survival server:(),was on the FTB for awhile but wasnt very active so stopped going on,but if theres a new one going and there is a free spot on it id play a bit if possible.

• Advertisement

Yep, sounds good to me!

Ok so do you want to do all the legwork and I'll send you €15 for 3 months via paypal?

Or bank transfer if you prefer that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Ok so do you want to do all the legwork and I'll send you €15 for 3 months via paypal?

Haha I thought you were offering to do the legwork :P

I was fairly happy with realms tbh, it's quick and easy if nothing else!

Yeah I'm happy with Realms too but I don't think I'm willing to pay for it all year round when there are much cheaper options out there.

I'm offering to do the legwork to (eventually) host us on a server. If you want me to do the legwork to host the Realm you'll have to wait until the weekend because I'm just too busy atm.

What's it gonna be? :)

Scratch that, it'll only take 10 mins. Doing it now. Gonna pay €8 for one month so that's only €4 each :)

• Advertisement

Ok, the Realm is paid for, the map is uploaded, and invites are sent out. Eoin I'll invite you as soon as the world automatically saves. What's your minecraft name?

Scratch that, it'll only take 10 mins. Doing it now. Gonna pay €8 for one month so that's only €4 each :)

Want to pm me your paypal?

Yeah sure

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tiffbunny

You know, the two of ye might wanna talk to Dec before you renew Realms... there might be a free server you can use (with a suspiciously familiar IP) to run a small 1.8 map if one of you can do all the back-end server work required.... Nevermind, should have refreshed the page before replying.

Also, Darkglasses, I'm too mature to make a "quick and easy, yeah I've heard that about you" joke. I just want you all to note that.

Lol tiff. Yeah that's a good idea I didn't think of that. I'll talk to Dec about it as soon as I have time or when the Realm expires. Hopefully it will still be available by then. DG feel free to take on the project if you feel up to it :)

Cheers pompus,username is same as boards: eoinhef

I know i know,i have no imagination when it comes to user namez:)

How does one go about accepting a Realms invite?

Never used it before:(

You've gotta click this thing

336757.png

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

Loved the Realm, thanks for the 3 months! While I'm here, could I get an invite to the new one too? xD

My name's Leoplureodon

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

cherryghost

Please Shim, I'll love you forever.

• Advertisement

Have a read through cherry, I'm not running the thing anymore :D Thread needs a new title. Or better still, closing and a new one with whoever's running the new thing opened.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Shiminay wrote: »
    Have a read through cherry, I'm not running the thing anymore :D Thread needs a new title. Or better still, closing and a new one with whoever's running the new thing opened.

Not good enough! How will I love you :(

With vigour and compassion of course!

Can we just pretend it's business as usual and I'll handle the invites? :p

Haha. But it's still called Shiminay's Realm! And it says 'A Realm. For People.'

337107.png

See? It will always be your realm :p There is no escape!

So myself and Pomp were just playing, and we're gonna shake up the spawn area a bit. We've removed all the farms from the middle part, and we're going tidy it up into a nice park kinda thing. I'm going to make a town hall where the pond with the teleporter is now. We're planning on moving all the teleporters into the town hall.

Anyone who wants to place a few (or a lot!) of blocks anywhere along the way, please do! :D

Oh also now that the Dragon is dead, I'm going to make an ender pearl farm! We neeeeed them..

Ender farm is about half way done, will finish it on Wednesday night

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

New thread, let me know if you want the title updated to anything, and if you want any details edited in to the first post.

• Advertisement

Have the first post say "If you want in, post your player name here" and "This is really Shiminay's Realm" in really small font :D

Advertisement