Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AFL DT: Head to Head League(s)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Interesting Injury List ahead of Round 4:

Dempsey marked as test only :)
    Fyfe not even listed!

Leuenberger 6 weeks, Ball season.
    Embley not out for the season, just 12-14 weeks :rolleyes:

On the rookie watch, Zorko and Neale are now fit to play it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Interesting Injury List ahead of Round 4:

Dempsey marked as test only :)
    Fyfe not even listed!

Leuenberger 6 weeks, Ball season.
    Embley not out for the season, just 12-14 weeks :rolleyes:

On the rookie watch, Zorko and Neale are now fit to play it seems.

Aparently Ross Lyon and Fyfe himself are confident he'll line out against the Saints this week. So im holding off until i hear any more. If he's in and his performance lags ill trade him next week. Probably take a loss on him if that happens though. He's just too damn good when he's on form.

Edit: Just checked my DT there, its telling me that Birchall (HAW) is injured, calf, recovery time indefinite. in but he's not on the AFL injury list. Anyone heard anything about him?

Mackman wrote: »
    Just checked my DT there, its telling me that Birchall (HAW) is injured, calf, recovery time indefinite. in but he's not on the AFL injury list. Anyone heard anything about him?

Just taken from Championship Data:

"Grant Birchall suffered a knock to his leg last week against the Crows and
    was subsequently subbed off at three quarter time. He has to be in some
    doubt this week, so have an emergency in place in the event he misses.
    "

So im holding off until i hear any more. If he's in and his performance lags ill trade him next week. Probably take a loss on him if that happens though. He's just too damn good when he's on form.

I hope you went with the trade, or at the very least selected a good emergency!

I hope you went with the trade, or at the very least selected a good emergency!

feckers had him in until the last minute. I copped it just before the lockout, got him traded out for Barlow.

Big blow for Fremantle though :(

• Advertisement

feckers had him in until the last minute. I copped it just before the lockout, got him traded out for Barlow.

Good decision. I wanted to get Barlow in this week but I couldn't get it to fit in with my strategy. He won't be this cheap again this season :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Good decision. I wanted to get Barlow in this week but I couldn't get it to fit in with my strategy. He won't be this cheap again this season :(

I got him into my SC team by moving Fyfe to mf but couldn't make it work in DT either; gotta get him next week!

Carazzo went down in the first minute. Just long enough to get 1 DT point, meaning my emergency wont count :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

G. Ablett out for three weeks :mad:

Xavi6 wrote: »

Now I have to actually think about who to pick as captain.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »

F'ing Andrew Raines! Falling on top of him. Raging now!

This cheered me up a bit :P

sandilands-gilmore.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

why do I always change my team so early in the week? Put in Lindsay Thomas, as he is scoring well and they play GCS next. And he is slapped with a 2 game ban. He is appealing, but I think the injury suffered by Rohan will influence the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

I think but I'm not certain as I haven't had to do it yet myself, that trades are reversible this year so if you have a look you might be able to.

SSK wrote: »
    I think but I'm not certain as I haven't had to do it yet myself, that trades are reversible this year so if you have a look you might be able to.

Yeah, the trades for each round are reversable up until the lockout. Im not sure what the story is with the partial lockout though.

Yeah, the trades for each round are reversable up until the lockout. Im not sure what the story is with the partial lockout though.

Can reverse up to partial lockout this week so just get it done by tomorrow afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Any word on when the teams are being announced for round 5? I'm guessing it'll be some stage prior to the lockout tomorrow...or is this one slightly different because of the Anzac day fixture.

Also anyone, can anyone a decent forward with a max value of 376K? I'm not in the boards league so no need to worry about me posing a threat! I'm getting rid of David Hale after being a flop this season...Looking at Dahlhaus or Dangerfield but no convinced by either. Any suggestions?

Yeah, all trades made between round lockouts can be reversed. There is a button underneath the number of trades you click to do it.

Yeah, all trades made between round lockouts can be reversed. There is a button underneath the number of trades you click to do it.

Sorry, didn't see the replies. in answer to the question of the partial lockout:

‘REVERSE CHANGES’ WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE ONCE THE ROUND 5 PARTIAL LOCKOUT IS IN EFFECT. YOU’LL NOT BE ABLE TO REVERSE TRADES AFTER 2:40PM AEST ON WED, APRIL 25.

Real FM wrote: »
    Any word on when the teams are being announced for round 5? I'm guessing it'll be some stage prior to the lockout tomorrow...or is this one slightly different because of the Anzac day fixture.

Also anyone, can anyone a decent forward with a max value of 376K? I'm not in the boards league so no need to worry about me posing a threat! I'm getting rid of David Hale after being a flop this season...Looking at Dahlhaus or Dangerfield but no convinced by either. Any suggestions?

Teams for the Collingwood v Essendon game should be announced this afternoon, with the rest of the teams announced on Thursday as usual.

Freo duo C. Pearce & M. johnson are both performing very well. A. Christensen is starting to produce form and has been predicted to have a breakout year this year. J. Darling has been excellent this year and his DT will reflect this. T. Hawkins and J. Podsiadly are both potentials also, but they have been inconsiistant in the past.

If I had to rank them, Pearce gets No.1 as he is a dual position, with J. Darling second. If you want to take a unique pick that could really pay off I'd go with Christensen, also a dual position.

• Advertisement

Real FM wrote: »

Id stay away from Dangerfield, he's underperforming at the moment, im sticking with him but im not sure for how long.

Ballantye is doing pretty well for me, he was suspended for 1 match, but he's averaging 86, which im happy with for that price.

As for The Doc's suggestions, C. Pierce was elevated from the rookie list at the start of the season, so he's busting a gut to keep his place, and doing very well. He's pretty much cemented his spot in the starting 22. I'd agree with the Doc, a good pick up.

Johnson is playing a blinder at the moment, but he's been known to go missing for large portions of matches in the past. Whether or not he'll keep it up is another thing. Hopefully he will (for freo's sake :))

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

well I started a discussion if nothing else anyway!

Thomas was succesful in his appeal so isnt suspended.

Cheers lads,

I went with Clancee Pearce. He's hit around 100 for the past 3 weeks and after the Carlton game he has 2 easier fixtures. I'm playing a lad who averages 2150 per week and I'm at 1950 per week so hopefully he can pull something big out of the hat. Went for Goddard as my captain since Abblett is injured.

Absolutely loving DT. Only got into the sport this season, and know nothing about it, but DT makes it so much more addictive.

Thanks again.

Thank you Dane Swan! Decided against trading Gablet and Swanny scores for both of them! 171 x 2 = 342! Had him VC so I guess I'll be Captaining Gablet this week :)

Thank you Dane Swan! Decided against trading Gablet and Swanny scores for both of them! 171 x 2 = 342! Had him VC so I guess I'll be Captaining Gablet this week :)

Did same in SC, very happy as up against guy in work who has finished top 500 last few years; if can knock him off this week he'll never hear end of it from me :)

Had Pendles in DT so still might go with someone else for captain and not use loophole...

jackbhoy wrote: »
    Did same in SC, very happy as up against guy in work who has finished top 500 last few years; if can knock him off this week he'll never hear end of it from me :)

Had Pendles in DT so still might go with someone else for captain and not use loophole...

Aah SC! Forgot I had a team in it :(

Edit: Phew, had it set that way from last week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Don't have Swanny but somehow managed to avoid playing him in any of my leagues so I'll take that.

Keeping Ablett anyway, from what he's saying he's hoping to be back by next week

Grrrrrrrr. I hate Dane Swan but love him at the same time.

So Gonzo and Mackman, I took your advice and traded out Hale for Pierce. Then went over to DT talk and bottled it with Abblett. Everyone said that they were trading him out so I reversed my Hale trade and instead traded Abblett for Swan.

Doesn't sound so bad...Swan had a great game. Until Sandilands gets injured and neither of my sub ruckmen are playing this weekend. Got a big fat 0 coming up in the team this weekend.

Just traded in da big Nic Nat for Mumford, dont let me down long fella!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'll be copping a couple of doughnuts this week unless Aaron Hall or Orren Stephenson get an emergency call up. I could have made a couple of trades but decided to hold them after I looked at my match-ups in the two boards related leagues.

In one I'm up against Swan (C) so that looks a write-off already, and I should still win the other unless I have some horrible luck. Wanted to bring in Adam Treloar for Tory Dickson alright but I was 2k short :rolleyes:

Advertisement