Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Gmail can't get into my gmail account

• 27-09-2009 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I can't seem to get into my gmail
    The time and date of my computer is correct, so why is this happining.

Secure Connection Failed

www.google.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
    The certificate is only valid for google.com

(Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

How do I get it working again, it never happened before.

Joe

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

which browser are you using ?

do you have an up to date anti malware scanner on the off chance the site is being spoofed

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Piusno1

I am using firefox 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

delete all browser history, temporary files and cookies and try again

Ya did all that ,delete all browser stuff still not working ie not letting me get into gmail. Is it malware or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

try on a different computer, or get a good friend to try ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 qbasic

Firefox will not display a site with an invalid cert unlesss you set an exception for the site.
    You should see and option to visit the site regardless of the security implications, select it an follow the instructions.

Thanks gbasic that worked, I must be a bit stupid not to have noticed this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

qbasic wrote: »
    Firefox will not display a site with an invalid cert unlesss you set an exception for the site.
    You should see and option to visit the site regardless of the security implications, select it an follow the instructions.

best if op tried to fix the problem before he ignores it, just in case its happeing for a reason

ps love your username, I remember the qbasic monkeys game where your throwing a banana over buildings, think a game called pocket tanks replaced it

Advertisement