Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Posh and Becks 'want to adopt African orphan'

Options
  • 06-02-2008 5:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=375942
    David and Victoria Beckham are the latest celebrity couple planning adopt a child from Africa, according to a report.

The British couple were moved by the plight of orphans and have decided to bring an African child into their family, according to Grazia magazine.

The claims have emerged two weeks after Beckham's trip to Sierra Leone as Goodwill Ambassador for United Nations' children's charity UNICEF.

Beckham witnessed a birth and made friends with local children in the conflict-stricken country.

"I was close to tears. I had to step back and take a deep breath," Beckham said.

"I'm a very emotional person and I'm even more emotional now I'm a parent."

The Beckhams have apparently told friends about their plans to adopt a child, and sought advice from Tom Cruise, who has two adopted children with Nicole Kidman.

"Tom has talked to David about how adoption changed him and how he's been able to change the lives of two amazing children," the publication quoted a friend as saying.

David and his wife, Spice Girls star Victoria, already have three sons — Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz.

They were reportedly trying to conceive last year, and have publicly said they would like to have more children, especially a daughter.

But a spokeswoman for the Beckhams would not confirm the adoption claims, saying "their focus is raising their own three boys".

This whole adoption thing is really starting to annoy me because I believe it is being done for the wrong reasons.

Madonna saw her ster appeal starting to wain so adopting a poor unfortunate child got her back in the spotlight. Posh obviously knows her career stateside is going down like a lead balloon so she is planning to do likewise.

And why does it have to be an African child? There are plenty of homeless/starving kids in England she could adopt or help but no, Africa is 'cool'.

I find it disgusting that celebrities are doing this to boost their status while passing it off as a good deed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ironic that a starving celebrity is thinking of adopting an African child:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=382011
    British model Jordan and her husband Peter Andre are planning to adopt a disabled child, despite the difficulties they've faced raising Jordan's disabled son, Harvey.

The couple have two children together, Junior, two, and Princess Tiàamii, seven months, as well as Jordan's five-year-old son Harvey from her relationship with footballer Dwight Yorke.

Harvey is vision impaired and autistic, and he suffers from a rare growth hormone disorder. At just five years old, he already weighs the same as his mum.

In a recent interview, Jordan says her son's size has become a major problem. "I can't lift him when he gets in his strops and he's on the floor," she says.

"Harvey's behaviour has got worse — we're seeing a behaviourist now. He comes up to my chest and he's very hard to handle. If he doesn't want to do something he's like a dead weight — he just won't budge."

But despite the difficulties Jordan and Pete have faced raising Harvey, they're eager to use their experience to help another disadvantaged child.

"I would definitely love to adopt a child," says Jordan. "A disabled child from this country [the UK], I think. I would love to adopt any child of course, but disabled children need a home too and I know how to deal with the situation because of Harvey."

Jordan and Pete hope to have six children eventually, but plans for more kids have been put on hold until next year as Jordan recovers from a painful breast reduction procedure and busies herself with the launch of a new book, a swimwear range, another perfume, and her own credit card.

They already have a kid who needs a lot of care and who takes up all their time and yet they want another. Clearly just a disgusting ploy to get back into the media spotlight.

Advertisement