Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parks And Recreation - Season 7 [*Spoilers*]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

One of their exec producers died tonight sadly. Harris Wittels was hilarious. Look him up on podcasts and laugh. Guy had a rough year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

One of their exec producers died tonight sadly. Harris Wittels was hilarious. Look him up on podcasts and laugh. Guy had a rough year or so.
    Very funny. Very young. Only 30 years old, jesus.

I think the quality of everything he was involved in shows how talented he was.

Parks and Rec being a great example of that. The last series is strong and I'll be very sad to see it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

His interview with Pete Homes on You Made it Weird is both hilarious and tragic..he talks alot about his drug abuse. Such a funny guy though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Very sad news.

Here's Harris as stoner animal control guy Harris in the show:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Currently attempting to emotionally prepare myself for the finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Spent the entire finale grinning like a goofball. A lovely end to a lovely, brilliant show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Currently attempting to emotionally prepare myself for the finale.

Snap!!

May not get to see it today, so more than likely after work tomorrow.

Gonna be so sad to see it go, but have Amy Poehler's book to keep me going after it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Aubrey and Jim here... classic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm so sad it's over... No more pearls of wisdom from Ron Swanson!

Really good ending though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That ending was so sweet!

Leslie is definitely the President in 2048, right? :D or a former president?

• Advertisement

Loved that. Nice way to wrap everything up and a few laughs too. Last 3 episodes were a lot of fun. Cool tribute at the end for Harris Wittels too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I take great solace in the fact that Parks & Recreation has most definitely gone straight to horsey heaven.

Really as fitting a finale as could be. Took me a flashforward or two to be won over by the episode's structure, but no better way to add some conclusive punctuation marks to all the wonderful characters' arcs (plus, the Jean Ralphio one was inspired). Another episode that achieved a beautiful balance between humour, character and emotion, and really at its peak that was what Parks & Rec was all about. Reckon it'll be a long time before another comedy with the sheer depth and consistency of characterisation Parks & Rec offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Was a fantastic ending to one shows of the last few years as there was not one character you hated everyone was perfect and fitted there roles to a tee.

It was great showing the flash forwards as really added to the epp quite a lot and it just made realise how much i am going to miss the show.

Brought a tear to my eye seeing it end the last show that did this to me was the last epp scrubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,005 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP

Great ending to a truly great TV show. For some reason Harris' death has occupied my thoughts a lot in the last few days and it's made the end of the show just that much sadder.

Lovely to see everyone end up where they wanted to be.

16023393864_03d2779681_o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 85,005 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So who is president Ben or Leslie :p

A great finale #MISSYOUPAWNEE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

This post has been deleted.

Even good people can be hypocrites sometimes. Gary wasn't the real target of most of those jokes. Everyone else was. Most of the time the audience isn't meant to sympathize with them that Gary is the worst. The joke is how they can be sweet and open minded one moment and simultaneously totally blind to how horrible and unfair they're being in this particular aspect of their lives. Hypocrisy is a rich source of comedy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

More importantly is that their attitudes never hurt Garry. In fact Garry was quite possibly the happiest of them all by the end: A very long life, a huge family and died at one of his happiest moments.

Excellent finale and a very good way to say goodbye to everyone. A show that I'll definitely miss but it went out on a great high.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭squonk

Great finalé. I really enjoyed Tom's roller coaster ride. Tom being hugely successful this seasonand last was a bit of a change for the character so it was kind of nice to see him fail spectacularly and then 'fail to fail' too :).

I assumed at the time that Ben was the president. Now I think it could be Leslie though the fact that the Secret Service guy spoke into Ben's ear it'd suggest it was him. Maybe it's meant to be ambiguous.

Ron's story was great. Man I'd love his park job! That lake looked gorgeous! Nick Offerman wrote a book a few years ago called Paddle Your Own Canoe. I couldn't help thinking that Ron's final scene on the lake was a reference to that!

Great to see Ann & Chris back too. They were just there enough really.

All in all it was just a great episode and a great sendoff. I ended up slightly wistful as it's another great show gone but I wasn't sad. They went out on a high and it was always a bight and bubbly show with lots of life. They never, ever reached the stage where they were just going through the motions, showing up and collecting a paycheck. Not many shows you can say that about these days. In the end the show went out well. They were happy to go and I felt happy to let them go!

No more Ron Swanson though. I can live with that. Other shows would have a Ron spinoff. I don't see this happening and I don't want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

In my mind Leslie served her two terms as President and now it's Ben's turn. There's just no way that Leslie Knope didn't become President!

phasers wrote: »
    In my mind Leslie served her two terms as President and now it's Ben's turn. There's just no way that Leslie Knope didn't become President!

She ran for governor so I'd say she went on to be president alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    She ran for governor so I'd say she went on to be president alright.

This could be another 'is Tony Soprano dead?' mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

http://www.eonline.com/news/629346/parks-and-recreation-boss-dissects-that-end-of-the-sopranos-moment-you-just-saw

There's a great interview with Mike Schur, he basically says it was left up to the viewers to decide who was president. I like to think Leslie and then Ben :D

Oh and also, I loved when Leslie saw Ann and just pushed Ben out of the way :D

Anyone notice any of the Easter eggs? The bottle of champagne Craig was drinking on the plane had Jean Ralphio written on it and one of the trick or treaters was dressed as Star Lord. I'd say there's loads of little subtle references in it.

LizT wrote: »
    Oh and also, I loved when Leslie saw Ann and just pushed Ben out of the way :D

Anyone notice any of the Easter eggs? The bottle of champagne Craig was drinking on the plane had Jean Ralphio written on it and one of the trick or treaters was dressed as Star Lord. I'd say there's loads of little subtle references in it.

The law firm that's shown ups couple of times this series is a list of baseball stats. Not really an Easter egg as such but nice for us baseball nerds!

Yer man Mark from the early series was the only one who didn't get a mention in the finale wasn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Yer man Mark from the early series was the only one who didn't get a mention in the finale wasn't he?
    Councilman Jamm and Li'l Sebastian didn't get mentioned I think.

Just realised Orin wasn't on it too. Missed out on a few. No Weinstein either.

• Advertisement

Councilman Jamm and Li'l Sebastian didn't get mentioned I think.

Apparently they had stuff written for Jamm and Shauna but they didn't fit it in.

Advertisement