Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone Cheaper than CAMSKILL.co.uk

• 12-09-2012 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hey need two new fronts for my B6 passat. Couple of questions:

Is there anywhere cheaper for tyres than Camskills (I'm based in South Dublin)?

Currently there is 215 55 R16 tyres all round on the car. However I've noticed that the 205 55 16 are also suitable, and seem to be lot cheaper and readily available.
    Is there any issue putting 205 55 R16s on the front and leaving the 215s on the rear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I've used both Eiretyres and Camskill over the past few years depending on price. Over the past year, Camskill have definitely been cheaper. I've never had an issue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Yeah I've used them before also have no issues with there service, was just wondering with the euro so weak thgt might be more economical to get em here.

Regarding the sizes I did a bit of searching and Google says as long as its on the small axle, should be ok to mix the size of the tyres.

Any recommendation? I was thinking of these as a good all rounder. What do ye reckon?

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m62b0s291p12906/Falken_Tyres_Car_Falken_ZE912_Ziex_Falken_ZE_912_-_205_55R16_91V_TL_

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have you rang any of the local bricks and morter tyre centres? Alot of them can match online prices when you take fitting/balancing into account. The euro/sterling exchange rate is not in your favour either at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

I've never bought from camskill or any online tyre shop. Always got better prices on good premium brand tyres from discount tyres in Blanchardstown.

Neilw wrote: »
    I've never bought from camskill or any online tyre shop. Always got better prices on good premium brand tyres from discount tyres in Blanchardstown.

Really depends on the tyres you after. Camskill were cheaper for the not too common sizes compared to local suppliers. For common sizes you will find local suppliers just as competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

As above, for uncommon sizes Camskill are (sometimes) cheaper.

But 205/55 16 is probably the most common size tyre there is, so you should be able to get just as good a deal by ringing around a few local suppliers.

I've tried a few places and they all seem to be in around 100quid tyre and thats mid range. Whereas I can get two for 140-150 from Camskills.

Can anyone recommend a good place?

You can get a premium 205/55 16 tyre such as a Goodyear or a Bridgestone for less than €100 fitted and balanced if you shop around. Where are you located?

Sandyford area mate

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Would you go for part worns Jhet?

If you would try tyreland?

• Advertisement

My father got Hankooks in that size fitted and balanced for €75 each locally.

Stheno wrote: »
    Would you go for part worns Jhet?

If you would try tyreland?

Rather avoid part worns to be honest. I've never really ventured into that world to be honest. I intend on keeping the car for another while yet so might as well get the life and value out of a new set is my logic.

Advertisement