Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future Shows (News/Casting)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eli Roth is attached also as director I think

Anyone read the book? Any good?

If it's half as good as Starship Troopers......i'm in!! :D

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/07/11/starz-announces-new-projects-incursion-and-vlad-dracula-from-spartacus-producers/141237/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

As part of STARZ overall deal with “Spartacus” creator Steven S. DeKnight, STARZ is developing “Incursion,” an epic science fiction action-thriller that follows a squad of soldiers caught in a war against a hostile alien race. Each season the battle will be fought on a new, exotic planet as humanity punches deeper into enemy territory. Grittily realistic combat, darkly complex characters and intrigue on a cosmic scale will permeate the tale of fighting men and women facing the pressures of war and an enemy unlike any ever seen. In addition to his international acclaim on “Spartacus,” Steven has worked on such well-regarded series as “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”, “Angel”, “Smallville,” and “Dollhouse.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/07/11/starz-announces-new-projects-incursion-and-vlad-dracula-from-spartacus-producers/141237/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

J. Michael Straczynski is the wildly successful writer and producer whose credits include such fan classics as Thor, Underworld: Awakening, “Babylon 5,” and The Changeling. He has teamed with horror master Roy Lee, whose credits include such hits as The Ring, The Strangers and The Woman in Black in developing "Vlad Dracula" with veteran producer Rob Tapert, whose credits include the international Starz hit series, “Spartacus,” iconic “Xena: Warrior Princess,” Evil Dead and The Grudge. The project is a unique spin of the classic tale, blending the historical facts of the 15th century Prince of Wallachia, with the fictional Dracula whose story is known around the world and continues to fascinate audiences. “Vlad Dracula” traces his evolution from a revered ruler to the world's most feared vampire, and his slow downfall as he struggles desperately to hang on to his humanity, his wife and his kingdom.

Managing Director of Starz, Carmi Zlotnik said “Steven DeKnight, J. Michael Straczynski, Roy Lee and Rob Tapert are legendary talents, having created some of the most groundbreaking and iconic television series with incredibly passionate fan bases the world over. We are thrilled to work with such sophisticated auteurs and producers as we grow the slate of unique Starz original series.”

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

Wahoo. I had almost given up hope for new scifi. Hopefully we get spaceships and technology and energy weapons and alien aliens that breath through their testicles and fly around in ships full of liquid methane and not sum jungle based tripe against some mysterious enemy in human like armour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Sounds like a Space: Above & Beyond redux.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

If it's half as good as Starship Troopers......i'm in!! :D

As part of STARZ overall deal with “Spartacus” creator Steven S. DeKnight, STARZ is developing “Incursion,” an epic science fiction action-thriller that follows a squad of soldiers caught in a war against a hostile alien race. Each season the battle will be fought on a new, exotic planet as humanity punches deeper into enemy territory. Grittily realistic combat, darkly complex characters and intrigue on a cosmic scale will permeate the tale of fighting men and women facing the pressures of war and an enemy unlike any ever seen. In addition to his international acclaim on “Spartacus,” Steven has worked on such well-regarded series as “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”, “Angel”, “Smallville,” and “Dollhouse.
    wouldnt be to proud of one or two of them;),

but who cares if this is even half as good as it sounds ill be delighted, nice that their stating it out right now that it will only be 1 planet a season,

i cant wait to see all the info on the formation of this universe, and space ships, spanking new space ships been a while since ive seen one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭squonk

Definitely sounds like it has potential. Starz did a great job with BOSS so I've got some fairly high hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭squonk

JMS and Robert Tapert, two men responsible for a sizeable chunk of my teenage TV watch time many moons ago with B5 and American Gothic. This might have some potential. I really am hoping for this to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Klept0

Will be giving this a look when it's out, haven't enjoyed a good sci-fi since BSG!

• Advertisement

The 8 episode series premieres Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:00pm (Showcase, Canada).

TNT has ordered a pilot for the action-packed drama series The Last Ship, based on the popular novel by William Brinkley and executive-produced by blockbuster filmmaker Michael Bay (Transformers). The project comes to TNT from Platinum Dunes Partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form, whose credits include A Nightmare on Elm Street and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, with showrunner Hank Steinberg (Without a Trace) and Steven Kane&n bsp;(The Closer) also serving as executive producers. Steinberg and Kane wrote the pilot script.

In The Last Ship, a global catastrophe nearly obliterates the earth's population, forcing the crew of a naval destroyer to confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they are among the only survivors.

"The book The Last Ship is a gripping page-turner that has all the makings of a terrific television drama, including a great premise, memorable characters , intense situations and heart-racing action," said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). "We believe this show will take viewers on a thrilling ride and fits perfectly with TNT’s expanding line-up of original dramas. We look forward to working with Michael Bay and The Last Ship's outstanding production team."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

As soon as I saw Platinum Dunes, my thoughts were... "Isn't that.... Michael Bay?" and yes, yes it is. Not expecting much on the basis of the plot either to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The book is terrible, good plot and I love post-apocalyptic fiction but my God it is the most rambling thing you will ever read.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

It kind of sounds like The Walking Dead. At sea. With no zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

i enjoyed the pillars tv series, but didnt read the books! If GOT is anything to go by, I probably would have not liked it as much

More casting: http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/daniele-watts-cedric-stewart-ty-olsson-join-series/

Tbh...it sounds ALOT like Longmire, not my cup of cha.

• Advertisement

:eek: 300+ comments, almost all female....built in fanbase?....most comments i've ever seen on Deadline.

This could be the next Twilight...for 18-49 females on cable, seven books....Highlander meets Game Of Thrones meets The Notebook + Twilight fandom = $$$$! ;)

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/ron-moore-to-adapt-outlander-novels-into-cable-tv-series/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,294 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I thought this was about the Jim Caviezel sci-fi version of Beowulf film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Skerries wrote: »
    I thought this was about the Jim Caviezel sci-fi version of Beowulf film

I thought it was this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082869/

“Bounce” is a series that follows the alluring lives and loves of the Los Angeles Devil Girls, the premiere dance team in all of professional basketball. The Los Angeles Devils are the number one team in The League. When the stadium lights go up at night all of Hollywood comes out to support the million dollar players; but in this city these men share the fame, adrenalin, money, sex and power with their dancers, the Devil Girls. At the heart of “Bounce” is Ahsha (Taylour Paige), a sheltered young woman who joins the team against the wishes of her mother Sloane (Kimberly Elise), who knows this treacherous, tempting world all too well having been an original Devil’s Girl herself. Olivia (Charlotte Ross) is the shrewd squad manager, Jelena (Logan Browning) is the ruthless star captain of the dance team who won’t let anyone outshine her and Pete Davenport (Dean Cain) is the former All-Star who's come back to coach his old team only to have to contend with the girls both stealing the spotlight and distracting his players.

The cast includes: Dean Cain, Kimberly Elise, Charlotte Ross, Taylour Paige, Logan Browning, Valery Ortiz, Katherine Bailess, Jonathan McDaniel and McKinley Freeman.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/07/24/vh1-greenlights-new-scripted-series-bounce-starring-dean-cain-kimberly-elise-charlotte-ross/142541/#comment-1221606

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source
    NBC is getting into the vampire business.
    The network has given a 10-episode series order to Dracula, a series inspired by the classic Bram Stoker character starring The Tudors' Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the titular character, NBC Chairman Bob Greenblatt announced Tuesday at the Television Critics Association fall TV previews.
    The series will introduce Dracula as he arrives in London, posing as an American entrepreneur who maintains that he wants to bring modern science to Victorian society. In reality, he's seeking revenge on the people who ruined his life centuries earlier. There's only one circumstance that can potentially thwart his plan: Dracula falls hopelessly in love with a woman who seems to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.
    Greenblatt called the series a "new version of the classic Bram Stoker Dracula." "In the world of Twilight and True Blood... we thought we'd go back to the original," he said, noting that they'll be bringing a Tudors sensibility to the series.
    Based on a script from co-executive producer Cole Haddon, Dracula will be executive-produced by Colin Callender, Tony Krantz (24), Gareth Neame (Downton Abbey) and Anne Mensah. Reece Pearson will also serve as co-executive producer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

sounds somewhat like The X-Files, except that its based back in 60s, again:rolleyes:

god help AMC when Breaking Bad and Mad Men end, the killing is probably their biggest failure and that was really expected to help fill the void those shows are gonna leave, their lucky they have the walking dead,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I quite like Hell on Wheels and The Killing wasn't that bad, should have been shown in one season 'tho.
    Area 51 sounds like that show set in the 50, what was it called? Dark Skies was that it?
    could be a good one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

tommy2bad wrote: »
    I quite like Hell on Wheels and The Killing wasn't that bad, should have been shown in one season 'tho.
    Area 51 sounds like that show set in the 50, what was it called? Dark Skies was that it?
    could be a good one.

Dark Skies was set in the 60s but if it hadn't been cancelled each series would have been set in the next decade, leading up to a climax at the millennium. It had such great potential, I loved that show.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

http://io9.com/5929853/how-science-fictional-will-amcs-1950s-drama-area-51-get
    based on journalist Annie Jacobsen's book Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base. Jacobsen's work is not science fiction

The accuracy of Jacobsen's book has been called into question, especially in her account of the Roswell crash. Most strikingly, she claims that the Soviet plane was manned by child-sized pilots biologically manipulated by Josef Mengele at Stalin's behest.

um wierd but not good wierd

Advertisement