Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crowd Writing

Options
  • 22-10-2014 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭

Soooo.

Idea. You may remember I was starting a zombie novel. Didn't happen. I've started another two, haven't happened. But it's still possible. Anyway. What about trying crowd Writing in a Google doc. If you're not that gifted in the writing department, just write what you think should happen next and someone else spruces it up

Rules:
    Anyone can join in at any point.
    The same person may not add more than one paragraph until at least 3 people have contributed a paragraph.
    Try to keep the story in track with the subject (doesnt have to be super serious, but it does have to follow the last paragraph in context.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'd be up for that on a small scale - ie: right here on this forum. paragraph per person, no less than 3 lines a piece and alternating in turn between 3 or 4 (or more) of us

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

That sounds like fun, wasn't there a few of those before, some sort of multiple choice ending stories that people wrote chapters for

choose your own adventure yeah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

That was fun. Something similar would be cool.

Oh and we are probably due another tournament. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Here we go....

He heard a quiet click, almost echo in place of the loud bang he had expected. His face was still tightly clenched with one eye slowly opening to see the rectangular dark grey shaft on top of the pistol now stuck in a different position. He only had the cold grey nine millimeter for a couple of hours, but he knew this wasn't good, as an anxious nauchea overcame him.

El Inho wrote: »
    Here we go....

He heard a quiet click, almost echo in place of the loud bang he had expected. His face was still tightly clenched with one eye slowly opening to see the rectangular dark grey shaft on top of the pistol now stuck in a different position. He only had the cold grey nine millimeter for a couple of hours, but he knew this wasn't good, as an anxious nauchea overcame him.

'God Damn it' he thought as he slipped the empty weapon neatly and safely back into his jacket and felt around for the reassuring Tire iron hooked under his belt. Holding his crouched position he pulled the bar free and held it low by his legs in almost complete stealth. He wasn't alone, he knew that, and he figured his stalker knew it too, yet he remained still, low and silent in the blackened room. A dreadful silence fell about the room, nothing but the fast thump of his heartbeat hammered in his ears. 'I cant have imagined it, i just cant have', he thought..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

I couldnt imagine anything more surreal than this if I tried. Jesus, how had reality become unimaginable, 48 hours ago everything had been a normal saturday afternoon, wash the car, mow the lawn, chill on the sofa for the evening, a simple plan.
    Now the car is a wreck, the lawn holds the bloody remains of Mrs Dawson from no 12 and here I stand very fcucin far from chill with an empty gun in my pocket and a wheel brace in my hand trying to figure out if the other person in this room is alive or dead.

Advertisement