Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Www.gourmondo.de - anyone use this?

Options
  • 07-04-2014 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, has anyone used this site to buy spirits? There seems to be a real saving to be made if I'm reading it right. Are there any hidden costs or duties that I might be caught for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

I am ordering from them for last 3 years. No problems at all. No hidden cost. Very straight forward. Well packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Greg81 wrote: »
    I am ordering from them for last 3 years. No problems at all. No hidden cost. Very straight forward. Well packed.

Might give them a go so, real savings on whiskies to be had, haven't looked at anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You are liable for duty and vat on these imports.
    While people's experience may indicate that these costs are rarely charged you should be aware that you are liable for these charges.

It always amazes me the way people feel so wronged when they are charged legitimate taxes on imports.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Ordered from them recently. Got my stuff fine, but the box was poorly sealed; bottom was bulging open, with glass bottles just about hanging in there. Any delay in delivery (i.e. back to depot) and I reckon some wouldn't have made it.
    It always amazes me the way people feel so wronged when they are charged legitimate taxes on imports.

I didn't see anyone complaining but if they did I'd imagine it's the same reason legitimate traders of these products complain - the taxes may be legit, but they're disproportionate and not exactly "value for money". Probably an argument for the Economy forum though......

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

In fairness, European businesses that sell internationally but aren't up front about the local tax implications for their customers are out of order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

BeerNut wrote: »
    In fairness, European businesses that sell internationally but aren't up front about the local tax implications for their customers are out of order.

I could be wrong (hell, I probably am), but I get the impression that some at least of these business don't even know about the arrangements for duty here (and the UK) - i.e. it wouldn't even occur to them that such high taxation would be charged, or that it needs to be paid upfront.

Might give them a go so, real savings on whiskies to be had, haven't looked at anything else.

Try:

http://www.gourmondo.de/g/product/1000279201/Perlwein-Terre-del-Sole-Fragolino-Rosso+Terre-del-Sole.jsf -A must try!

http://www.gourmondo.de/g/product/1000307601/Martini-DOro-Vermouth-Aperitif+Martini.jsf - Not avalaible in Ireland. Worth the price

http://www.gourmondo.de/g/product/1000677801/Bulls-Eye-Original-BBQ-Sauce-Steaksauce+Bulls-Eye.jsf - very good bbq sauce

http://www.gourmondo.de/g/product/2000020155/Johnnie-Walker-Green-Label-10l+Johnnie-Walker.jsf - it is discontinued so it is a great chance to grab one. Good price too.

Keep your eyes open for beer offers in September/October. Huge bargains for Oktoberfest beer plus free beer glasses.

BeerNut wrote: »

I completely agree.

I could be wrong (hell, I probably am), but I get the impression that some at least of these business don't even know about the arrangements for duty here (and the UK) - i.e. it wouldn't even occur to them that such high taxation would be charged, or that it needs to be paid upfront.

It's their business to know, literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭cullenswood

What is the normal delivery time from these guys? Might pick up a couple of bottles of Laphroaig Quarter Cask, decent price.

• Advertisement

What is the normal delivery time from these guys? Might pick up a couple of bottles of Laphroaig Quarter Cask, decent price.

If they have items you like on stock about 5 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just fyi, that 5 days can include the weekend as well. I put in an order on the 9th after seeing this thread and it was just delivered a few minutes ago.

JohnK wrote: »
    Just fyi, that 5 days can include the weekend as well. I put in an order on the 9th after seeing this thread and it was just delivered a few minutes ago.

Normaly is up to 5 working days (MON-FRI). But if there is a weekend in the middle there is a huge chance you will get items ealier. All depend from AnPost and DHL (German post).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Greg81 wrote: »
    Normaly is up to 5 working days (MON-FRI). But if there is a weekend in the middle there is a huge chance you will get items ealier. All depend from AnPost and DHL (German post).

Purchased two bottle of Laphroaig Quarter Cask from these guys last week, and it was delivered this week. €83 in total incl delivery. Great Value

Advertisement