Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2014 Free Agency

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Imagine the Pats decide they want the two tight end set again? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Raf32 wrote: »
    Imagine the Pats decide they want the two tight end set again? :pac:

Gronk and Graham on the same offense would be devastating. But I wouldn't give one 1st round pick for Graham never mind two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Gronk and Graham on the same offense would be devastating. But I wouldn't give one 1st round pick for Graham never mind two.

whaaaaat? why he's the best receiving te in the nfl and hes far healthier than gronk

eagles resign jeremy maclin to a 1 year deal hes going to make a serious upgrade to that offense next year.

also means we can concentrate 100% on defense in free agency and the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

nerd69 wrote: »
    he's the best receiving te in the nfl

When Gronk isn't playing of course.;)
    and hes far healthier than gronk

No argument with that. Graham is a fine player, but once it gets to the business of the season he disappears. Did you see his game against the Seahawks? He was totally invisible. He got involved in some pregame thrash talk and then couldn't deliver on his promises during the game. He was totally intimidated and bullied by the Seahawks secondary. And thus for me and a lot of people, he showed us his true lack of mettle.

He's a fine player, beats up well on regular teams during the season, but he has a soft underbelly and doesn't like to much physicality. He was nonexistent when he played us last season. Talib got up close and personal and stuck to him like a shadow. Graham couldn't cope and ended up being invisible for the entire game. And that's why I wouldn't give a first round pick for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens expected to slap the franchise tag on Eugene Monroe left tackle. This is 11.6 million but will give them time to work on a deal. Monroe is only 26 and could be in the league for years and years.

He has delayed signing a deal which is fair enough and there are reports that Miami are ready to offer big money for this free agent. They have lots of cap space, a new GM and and a horrible Oline

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ravens expected to slap the franchise tag on Eugene Monroe left tackle. This is 11.6 million but will give them time to work on a deal. Monroe is only 26 and could be in the league for years and years.

He has delayed signing a deal which is fair enough and there are reports that Miami are ready to offer big money for this free agent. They have lots of cap space, a new GM and and a horrible Oline

Yep, get him tagged. Letting him walk would be a massive mistake given his performance level and our O-line difficulties. It's expensive, but with the salary cap increase we can swallow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Donald Butler coming back to SD. Solid leader on our D, not an all Pro by any means but real solid when he is on the field, has had his injury problems. Butler is/was ranked No. 29 overall on Around The League's 101 free-agents list. His signing will leave a pool full of older inside linebackers on the open market.

There have been no reports about the money to be paid. No information about base value, annual rate, signing bonus, guaranteed money. Nothing. Teams and agents recognize a 24-hour rule when it comes to news of player contracts. If the terms aren’t leaked within 24 hours after the contract emerges, the terms generally aren’t worth bragging about. I reckon it's about $6m per.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

ESPN have a list of key dates here
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8795630/p2014-nfl-key-dates-p

The next upcoming deadline is for franchise tagging a player which is 9pm Irish time today.

roumer that desean jackson is available for trade. cant see it happening but iv read a few different articles saying it now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Orakpo is getting tagged, expect the titans to go hard after Jackson now

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

roumer that desean jackson is available for trade. cant see it happening but iv read a few different articles saying it now.

I think that would be madness if we let him go. I'd say its deaeans people saying this stuff as he is looking for a new deal.

Jarius Byrd isn't being tagged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I think that would be madness if we let him go. I'd say its deaeans people saying this stuff as he is looking for a new deal.

He's a borderline #1 WR getting paid top dollar, he seems to be always looking for a new deal, he's undersized @ 5'10, how much time does the guy have left at that speed because when he starts to lose that yard he's going to be a very limited player.

He's probably the most overrated player in the NFL too.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

he mentioned a new contract again this offseason after taking a year off to get his last one. its a huge turn off i think thats the reason its being talked about but i dont think it will happen eagles will want more than another team will give and hes worth more in chip kelly scheme than anyone elses.
    Red Crow wrote: »
    He's a borderline #1 WR getting paid top dollar, he seems to be always looking for a new deal, he's undersized @ 5'10, how much time does the guy have left at that speed because when he starts to lose that yard he's going to be a very limited player.

He's probably the most overrated player in the NFL too.

i actually think hes underrated not a top 10 receiver in the league by any means but hes a serious player that gets dismissed because of his size.

No tag for Eugene Monroe. It would be a complete disaster if he leaves, but people close to the Ravens are saying that both sides are currently trying hard to get a deal done. Still a week to get it done before I explode with rage :pac: but I'd imagine the only way the front office would have avoided tagging Monroe is if they were extremely confident they could get him signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

i actually think hes underrated not a top 10 receiver in the league by any means but hes a serious player that gets dismissed because of his size.

I would love to see Jackson with Brady or Manning or Brees or Rodgers to be honest. Foles style of play got probably the best production out of Jackson and Foles likes to throw deep. When you look at the QBs he had throwing to him before Foles you could say he was unlucky not to get more consistency. McNabb was the best of a bad bunch for Jackson when you consider Vick/Young/Kolb/Barkley were the others and Im sure im missing others.

TO. wrote: »
    I would love to see Jackson with Brady or Manning or Brees or Rodgers to be honest. Foles style of play got probably the best production out of Jackson and Foles likes to throw deep. When you look at the QBs he had throwing to him before Foles you could say he was unlucky not to get more consistency. McNabb was the best of a bad bunch for Jackson when you consider Vick/Young/Kolb/Barkley were the others and Im sure im missing others.

i dont think the qb thing is an excuse for him barkley and young only played a couple of snaps kolb didnt play a lot either and vick was lights out the year he came back nearly won mvp, the year after jackson admited he didnt try anyway as he wanted a new contract. also mcnabb was a fantastic player desean got one good year one bad year with him.

i think he is a great player definetly a no. 1. but his attitude towards contracts stinks.

hed be phenomenal with brees,brady and manning but not so much with rogers i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

My bad...ignore!

i dont think the qb thing is an excuse for him barkley and young only played a couple of snaps kolb didnt play a lot either and vick was lights out the year he came back nearly won mvp, the year after jackson admited he didnt try anyway as he wanted a new contract. also mcnabb was a fantastic player desean got one good year one bad year with him.

i think he is a great player definetly a no. 1. but his attitude towards contracts stinks.

hed be phenomenal with brees,brady and manning but not so much with rogers i think.

I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't using the QB thing as a reason for bad play. For a guy like Jackson I feel that McNabb and Foles were the only 2 QBs that suited Jackson and targeted him the most as their style as pocket QBs and ability to stay in the pocket and look downfield opens up more options for him. Vick had a solid season passing to Jackson but a lot of the passes were on the run and short to mid passes with big gains after the catch by Jackson.

Sure Jackson has had his problems especially his attitude but my point was I would like to see him with a QB that has no problems targeting the deep threat and the QBs I mentioned are the best in the business at it. I honestly think you are looking at more repetition of a 80+ catch season like the season gone and then some.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anquan boldin signed a 2 year deal to stay in San Francisco.

Rumour is 2 years, $12m, $9m guaranteed, low cap figure for 2014.

jason avant cut from the eagle will be a great pickup for someone possibly the best hands in the league.

had to be done but im sad to see him go.

jason avant cut from the eagle will be a great pickup for someone possibly the best hands in the league.

had to be done but im sad to see him go.

I like Avant. Would like to see the Pats grab him at a decent price.

TO. wrote: »
    I like Avant. Would like to see the Pats grab him at a decent price.
    thats who i instantly thought of him going to to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Rumours coming out of Denver suggest that Champ Bailey will be cut this week. Bailey had a cap figure of $10million.

It is still possible that Bailey will agree a restructured deal but it appears to be a football decision to cut him.

A bit disappointed as I really wanted Bailey to get another shot at the SB before he retires and I hope he lands with a contender if he decides to continue playing. I also hope that he gets the opportunity to retire a Bronco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Rumours coming out of Denver suggest that Champ Bailey will be cut this week. Bailey had a cap figure of $10million.

It is still possible that Bailey will agree a restructured deal but it appears to be a football decision to cut him.

A bit disappointed as I really wanted Bailey to get another shot at the SB before he retires and I hope he lands with a contender if he decides to continue playing. I also hope that he gets the opportunity to retire a Bronco.

Yep.... gone.

D'Qwell Jackson just signed with the Colts, delighted with that!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

fcuk sake :mad:

edit: 22 million over 4 years with 11 million guaranteed, you guys can have him for that!

Seems we overpaid again but ok with that, got a solid starter next to Freeman now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

I also hope that he gets the opportunity to retire a Bronco.
    You can be sure that will happen. He'll be re-signed for a day and then retire.

Advertisement