Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Yeah that's what it reminded me of. I was sitting here thinking if loads of English IPAs . Tribute tastes very similar.

They were right in calling it a session IPA too as I reckon I could quite easily drink a few on a night out. Sometimes it's hard to stick with super hoppy beers or stronger flavoured beers over the course of the night........not that I get out much these days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Heroditas

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I had one over the weekend and thought it was really really nice. Similar to the likes of St. Austells Tribute or London Pride. Carbonation was ok though.

Tribute has far less carbonation that London Pride when it's bottled, in my opinion anyway.
    They're both bloody great drinks though!

Heroditas wrote: »
    Tribute has far less carbonation that London Pride when it's bottled, in my opinion anyway.
    They're both bloody great drinks though!

I was talking about flavour wise. I thought the carbonation was light but not totally lacking. But yeah, two great beers. Sorry, 'three' great beers. :)

That Founders Breakfast Stout is an amazing beer. Deceptively quaffable.

I was talking about flavour wise. I thought the carbonation was light but not totally lacking. But yeah, two great beers. Sorry, 'three' great beers. :)

Flavour, yeah! Very similar. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

I have a bottel of brewdog mixtape begging me to drink it for the last 6 weeks I'm kind of waiting for an occasion to open it do

finatron wrote: »
    I have a bottel of brewdog mixtape begging me to drink it for the last 6 weeks I'm kind of waiting for an occasion to open it do

Be interested to hear what it tastes like. Sounded like it could be a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Don't bother wasting your money on it Bazmo, its like 16/17 euros for a 330ml bottle. I was quite disappointed with it(probably didn't help that I thought it was going to be amazing).

jsa112 wrote: »
    Don't bother wasting your money on it Bazmo, its like 16/17 euros for a 330ml bottle. I was quite disappointed with it(probably didn't help that I thought it was going to be amazing).

Suspicion confirmed so. I'm not a fan of the idea to mix two different beers. Just seems lazy to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Got a mixed pack of Anchor at the weekend. It had Steam Lager, their Porter, Original Wheat and Liberty Ale.
    Really enjoyed them all except the Liberty Ale which was unremarkable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I miss their "Humming" a lot. I used to get it every week. It had that Nelson Sauvin hop.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

Be interested to hear what it tastes like. Sounded like it could be a mess.

I think it's one of reasons I'm putting it off don't want to be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Anyone got any opinions on Schneider Weisse Tap 5? I have a bottle chilling in the fridge at home but haven't gotten around to it yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Magnificient beer. Best consumed fresh, so get in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Drank a bottle of Hennys "Vintage" (it's the darker bottler). Drank it luke warm, and it tasted good. No fizz, and it went down smoothly :) Fairly nice aftertaste, and has a decent kick to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Just a heads up, I was in Drinkstore earlier and was told they expect to get the delivery with bottles of Foam and Fury this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

What's that sound?

Oh, it's Seaneh running over to Stoneybatter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Of foam and fury is up on Drinkstore website at the moment..... and its €6.70!!! :eek: wow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

slayerking wrote: »
    Of foam and fury is up on Drinkstore website at the moment..... and its €6.70!!! :eek: wow

It's expensive but is a 500ML bottle of 8.5% beer. Take something like Barrel ages Leann Follain is 10.99 for 750ML @ 8.1%, Or what alot of people have been comparing it to, Brewdog Hardcore is 4.20 for 330ML @ 9.2%. So it's not hugely overpriced when you look like that.

I do thing they would have been better trying to go for 330ML bottles and trying to hit around €4 a bottle. Alot of people will be put off by the current price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Slyfox 113 IPA - have a few cans stashed so tucking in now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

I picked up 2 bottles of foam & fury for €4 each in Fairview
    They were still waiting to be told the price from the supplier when I called in.
    I was in brew dock last night and the barman said he thought it would be around €6. While I failed to mention this in the offie I did say if it turned out to be more expensive I would pay the difference next time I was in.
    The o'haras dipa is €4 and it's 7% I think
    I will crack open a bottle later, I thought it was quite different last night compared to when I had it in December. Easier to drink but slightly muted aroma

matrim wrote: »
    It's expensive but is a 500ML bottle of 8.5% beer. Take something like Barrel ages Leann Follain is 10.99 for 750ML @ 8.1%, Or what alot of people have been comparing it to, Brewdog Hardcore is 4.20 for 330ML @ 9.2%. So it's not hugely overpriced when you look like that.

I do thing they would have been better trying to go for 330ML bottles and trying to hit around €4 a bottle. Alot of people will be put off by the current price

I think its a pretty crazy price for a DIPA when you look at the likes of OHaras DIPA - granted it is sub par compared to this in terms of quality but its the closest Irish comparison we have, its almost half the price at 3.80.

I expected it to be around the fiver mark, 6.70 is pretty steep if you ask me.

Having said that, I WILL buy a bottle just to see how it is from the bottle!

Just seen the price. I'll buy a bottle but only 1. That's if there's any left after Seaneh buys them by the slab load of course. ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've ordered one, among a few other treats. Found one rare beer in particular that seems to be selling for much, much cheaper than it was a few months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

I think its a pretty crazy price for a DIPA
    Yep but I'm not surprised at all sadly. Better off comparing it to BD Hardcore, 3x330ml bottles comes to 12.60(some places are still selling it at 3.80 per bottle). 2x500ml Foam+Fury comes to 13.40. Also drinkstore are the best value, would not be surprised to see other places adding on 10,20 more cents to the price

The one coming from the UK you'd expect to be more expensive ? Personally, 4.20 is too expensive for Hardcore for me. Also Hardcore is a better DIPA imo.

Will pick up 1 bottle out of curiosity, should be enough left for Seaneh
    Take something like Barrel ages Leann Follain is 10.99 for 750ML
    You're paying for barrel aging, hardly a fair comparison. Also that was really a once off beer, F+F is going to be part of their core range

I've ordered one, among a few other treats. Found one rare beer in particular that seems to be selling for much, much cheaper than it was a few months ago!

Something that ended up in the bargain bin?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Seems very steep, how much is a half pint of Foam and Fury in the pubs?

Seaneh is a student, right?
    He must be in some predicament now looking at the price of the stuff!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

slayerking wrote: »
    Seaneh is a student, right?
    He must be in some predicament now looking at the price of the stuff!

And he's not getting his commission anymore now that he's banned from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Banned?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement