Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yellow card in soccer forum

Options
  • 20-03-2014 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,002 ✭✭✭✭

I got a yellow card for something very very soft last night. I have history with the mod so probably to be expected. Do you think it was a bit harsh.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

To be clear you went into the Manchester United match thread last night and stated
    niallo27 wrote: »
    We missed you on Sunday. Where were you.
    I take it you are not a Man U fan, and indeed presume you are a Liverpool fan having a dig at a United fan. If so this is absolutely blatant baiting and I'm upholding the yellow

You may ask an Admin to review this decision should you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 16,002 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Beasty wrote: »
    To be clear you went into the Manchester United match thread last night and stated

I take it you are not a Man U fan, and indeed presume you are a Liverpool fan having a dig at a United fan. If so this is absolutely blatant baiting and I'm upholding the yellow

You may ask an Admin to review this decision should you wish

No it was a match thread not the Manchester utd thread. It was a joke. There is always stuff going back and forth between BNMC and liverpool fans. Harmless stuff. Was the post even reported by anyone. There was a hell of a lot of worse stuff said last night.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I know it was in the match thread and it's clear your only intention was to bait a Man U fan following Sunday's result. Do you want an Admin to review my decision?.

I know it was in the match thread and it's clear your only intention was to bait a Man U fan following Sunday's result. Do you want an Admin to review my decision?.

What's the point. I have one mod Kess who won't even reply to me giving me yellow cards for nothing and you can't even see a harmless post.

What's the point. I have one mod Kess who won't even reply to me giving me yellow cards for nothing and you can't even see a harmless post.
    As I understand it you sent one PM to the mod claiming he was "taking the piss". Let's just get this right - you were trolling a United fan. You are exactly the type of low leval troll that plagues the soccer forum with now 22 yellows (and 6 consequent bans) in that forum alone. Any more of this and I will be happy to uphold a permanent ban. Alternatively sort yourself out and post in a positive and constructive manner, without resorting to digs at other clubs, their fans or posters on the site

• Advertisement

As I understand it you sent one PM to the mod claiming he was "taking the piss". Let's just get this right - you were trolling a United fan. You are exactly the type of low leval troll that plagues the soccer forum with now 22 yellows (and 6 consequent bans) in that forum alone. Any more of this and I will be happy to uphold a permanent ban. Alternatively sort yourself out and post in a positive and constructive manner, without resorting to digs at other clubs, their fans or posters on the site

I used to be like that but I have only a handful of yellows in the last few years after acting the dick at the start. I'm far from a low level troll as you call it. Do you know the history of this poster.

I used to be like that but I have only a handful of yellows in the last few years after acting the dick at the start. I'm far from a low level troll as you call it. Do you know the history of this poster.
    I was looking at your overall record which you seem to be acknowledging is poor. I accept though that you have "only" picked up 3 yellows in the forum over the past 12 months. That may temper my wider comments but does not affect my decision on thsi specific "incident"

I was looking at your overall record which you seem to be acknowledging is poor. I accept though that you have "only" picked up 3 yellows in the forum over the past 12 months. That may temper my wider comments but does not affect my decision on thsi specific "incident"

Ok that's fair enough. It's just any time I appeal anything here my record at the start seems to go against me. Anyway I'll take the warning as I don't want to get perma banned as I enjoy the forum. Sorry about the hassle.

Ok that's fair enough. It's just any time I appeal anything here my record at the start seems to go against me. Anyway I'll take the warning as I don't want to get perma banned as I enjoy the forum. Sorry about the hassle.
    Don't worry - this is pretty tame compared with some of the hassle I've had this week (outside of Boards I would add)!

This appeal can be marked as resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement