Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom missing places

• 13-08-2012 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

A couple of places wrongly attributed on TomTom's maps: I was going to a reception in Clarion Hotel, Liffey Valley this week and set my TomTom Go (recent map update installed a couple of months ago) to bring me there. It seemed convinced that this was somewhere on the North Quays, so I ignored it and went to Liffey Valley, a little nervous because I was exactly on time, rather than early, and sure enough there was the Clarion Liffey Valley.

And Marlay Close in Rathfarnham is a weird case: if you try to navigate to it, it's not one of the choices of road that comes up for selection; if you drive to Marlay Lawn, and then phone whoever you're visiting and get them to guide you there, the Go then tells you that you're in Marlay Close. Even though it doesn't list it in the first place. Bizarre.

There's also a place on Dublin City docks, near Terminal 1, where it tries to bring you out through a permanently closed gate across the road.

I've given up trying to correct any of these map crazinesses, because the menus for entering map corrections is so counterintuitive and not at all easy to use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are you using this on a phone?

Use Google Navigation app if you can it's a lot better than the tom tom app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

No, it's a TomTom Go, a few years old now but with the maps regularly updated.

Advertisement