Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thinking Of Buying a New Phone.

Options
  • 12-08-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys.

I was wondering on which mobile phone I should get. Could y'all advise around five different ones? I have no idea on which one is better.

I was thinking of Sony? If they are any good. Or Nokia's?

Thanks. :)
    -Ally.x:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It all depends what specifications you want and also your budget. Like you could get the Samsung Galaxy S 3 which is the latest technology with all the bells and whistles, it would cost you €569 on PAYG though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ally.mcdonagh

Yeah. It would probably be around 350-500 euro's that I could spend on it. I was thinking of buying an iPhone 4S.? Or a BlackBerry Bold 9900.? I'm not sure if they are good quality.

Thanks.
    -Ally.x :)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

AVOID BLACKBERRY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Just don't do it to yourself!

The S3 on billpay would be in that budget and is probably the best thing going at the moment but if you're thinking pay as you go then maybe the HTC One V or a Galaxy S Advance.

Is the BlackBerry bad? My friend had it and it seemed like it was a good one..

I'm not a big fan of Samsung phones. They might have gotten better since the one I had. It was the Samsung Tocco. It was useless.

I had a HTC before and it was a great phone. I will look into the HTC one. Thanks. :)

There's no point getting the iPhone 4s at this stage as you would be paying 400-500 for it even though at the end of next month the new iPhone 5 will be coming out for around the same price. The BB Bold is an okay phone, the camera isn't great, there is no flash player for watching videos online and you won't have the quality of apps that android or apple store provides. I see it's priced €539 on the O2 website which would put it near enough the same price range as the Galaxy S 3, which I think is crazy as the S 3 is far superior to the Bold 9900

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Samsung have come a long way from the days of the Tocco, that was before android, capacative touch screens and high end smartphones really existed.

I was in looking at the S3 in carphone warehouse today, it's so fast it's just amazing! You should go in and get a feel for a few phones.

P.S. If your budget can stretch to it, there is the HTC One X which is a slightly higher end version of the one I mentioned earlier,

Yeah, I suppose.

Yeah, I suppose. Really? I have to go and check it out..

Yeah, I saw that HTC One X before. It looked good. I will look into it more.

The Galaxy S 3, HTC One X , Nokia Lumia or the LG Optimus 2X are the best to choose from at the moment. You can't go wrong buying one of them. You could wait another month for the iPhone 5 as well if you didn't need a phone right now, I think it would be worth the wait as the iPhone looks like it will blow the rest away with all the new improvements

Advertisement