Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Found this over the weekend - great way to track what is using data

My Data manager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

tui0hcg wrote: »

Totally agree! Thing is though it seems very hard to actually implement or is that just me? I don't have a creative bone in my body unfortunately :-(

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

madmoe wrote: »
    Totally agree! Thing is though it seems very hard to actually implement or is that just me? I don't have a creative bone in my body unfortunately :-(

Cheers,
    M

I'm fairly terrible at stuff like that usually, but i've managed to get something close to the original image that i'm fairly happy with!

Give it a try, you'd never know! :)

EDIT: added screenshot, still tweaking, but almost there!!
    EDIT2: the second one is what i've settled with :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I'm fairly terrible at stuff like that usually, but i've managed to get something close to the original image that i'm fairly happy with!

Cheers ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Bank of Ireland Android App. Been waiting for this one for a while! Works well.

0s0HjeaD9qd7guPBkuQMEuySfiEd_HWzyxqlSY47DLrTxwsVCyhj3UsZ7FhJ03w12FQ1_MoxQW4ugeRv8aadFjFZJXbpknj8OGbJlVSDYU1C4iLCFMjQUMbNOqxd7uwFGyXW9w

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

J o e wrote: »
    Bank of Ireland Android App. Been waiting for this one for a while! Works well.
    I was having a bit of trouble with it. When you change screens or something pops up, the old image doesn't always go away full. As if the new screen was still there. Annoying but certainly not deal breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I was having a bit of trouble with it. When you change screens or something pops up, the old image doesn't always go away full. As if the new screen was still there. Annoying but certainly not deal breaking.

Are you on ICS?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bobby10_10

Couple of cool games , istunt2 from miniclip - snowboarding game & Speed moto - motorcycle game.

Also, i thoroughly recomment SS Launcher. It's not one i see banded about too much but its very neat and tidy ( especially when used with ' Neon Blue ' theme )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone tried Zombies, Run!? Thought it looked great when i originally saw it, and tempted to pick it up today.

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Jayde Dazzling Broom

I'm having issues with the BOI app - SGS2 on a stock ICS rom.

It works once or twice and then refuses to load properly.
    Sometimes it'll just show the blue screen. Other times it'll show the four menu items at the bottom, but that's it. Never loads to the login screen.

I can "fix" it by re-installing, but the problem reappears.

Anybody have any ideas?

Edit: Clearing the data/cache doesn't make any difference.

Edit 2: I just tried it again. If I leave it long enough I'll get an error message "BOI is not responding..."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Went for a splash of colour myself in the end!

SC20120619-133011-1.jpg

Went for a splash of colour myself in the end!

That's kinda nice with all the different colours! Loads of possibilities!

What's the deal with the battery % icon? Is it a widget or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

What's the deal with the battery % icon? Is it a widget or something?

Yes, Circle Battery Widget. Very customisable actually.

Yes, Circle Battery Widget. Very customisable actually.

Excellent, installed and working! Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Inspired but your Black and White I tried to do something similar using the same Icons.

Also in the process I found a site that lets people share their home screens and ow they are achieved. mycolorscreen.com here is my one:

http://mycolorscreen.com/nedd/

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bluegrass

PES 2012

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.konami.pes2012&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5rb25hbWkucGVzMjAxMiJd

Decent game, hard enough on top level. Would like online multiplayer to be added, though to play others.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

In my line of work I have to post to Ireland, the UK, Europe, Australia etc. I am forever losing the An Post booklet with the postal prices, so I decided to write an Android App.

It is my first attempt at an Android app and it was written using App Inventor.

If you would like to try it out, please search for "Irish Postage Calculator" in Google Play OR just click this link...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_johnmollaghan.IrishPostageCalculator

You can also calculate it on the An Post website but the one on their site is crap for checking multiple options. If you want to check the cost of standard vs registered you have to restart the whole process. Stupid design altogether and makes something that should be simple take up way more time than it should. So your app is way better than the calculator on the An Post website. I just wish you had made it months ago when I was flogging a load of stuff on adverts.

Does it need a network connection to work or is all the data needed for calculation done on the app?

nedd wrote: »
    Inspired but your Black and White I tried to do something similar using the same Icons.

Also in the process I found a site that lets people share their home screens and ow they are achieved. mycolorscreen.com here is my one:

http://mycolorscreen.com/nedd/

Nice screen!

That's a good site too to get some ideas! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I'm on Three with all you can eat data, so this isn't much use for me and I haven't even tried it but for those on limited data plans this might be worth a look
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onavo.android.onavoics&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5vbmF2by5hbmRyb2lkLm9uYXZvaWNzIl0.

Not quite sure how it works, but they say it compresses your mobile data and can get up to five times the amount of data. I'm just putting this up here because it's free and has good reviews.

Although if the reviews stay favorable I may stick it on my phone when I go away.

• Advertisement

Nolimits wrote: »
    I'm on Three with all you can eat data, so this isn't much use for me and I haven't even tried it but for those on limited data plans this might be worth a look
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onavo.android.onavoics&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5vbmF2by5hbmRyb2lkLm9uYXZvaWNzIl0.

Not quite sure how it works, but they say it compresses your mobile data and can get up to five times the amount of data. I'm just putting this up here because it's free and has good reviews.

Although if the reviews stay favorable I may stick it on my phone when I go away.

Seems to want to setup a VPN on my phone? Not sure about that so declined it?? Anyone actually used this app??

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭markc91

Seems to want to setup a VPN on my phone? Not sure about that so declined it?? Anyone actually used this app??

Cheers,
    M
    Said it was incompatible with my Galaxy S2??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Swiftkey got a major update today. Huge improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Cheers,
    M
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2393941,00.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Sounds good but I read it may not work with custom ROM's. Has anyone here actually used the app and in particular with the Resurrection ICS ROM?

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Nolimits wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong but this thread is must have android apps.
    this app only works on iphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

crazygeryy wrote: »

No, theres an Android version, and the link actually links to Google Play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

dooferoaks wrote: »

No, theres an Android version, and the link actually links to Google Play.

it says my device isn't compatible.samsung galaxy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

it says my device isn't compatible.samsung galaxy.

Compatible on my Sensation.. Says in the blurb:

OS note: Onavo Extend is only supported for specific ICS devices.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement