Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Foo Fighters

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

seachto7 wrote: »
    They're getting like Camp Freddy now.

The Foos don't know whether they want to sound like Tom Petty or a heavier Eagles or a plain heavy rock band.

Make up your mind.

Or just let them do what they like, and if you don't like it, don't listen to it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This will definitely be worth picking up

SONIC HIGHWAYS DVD/BLU RAY & DIGITAL RELEASE APRIL 7th!
    The package includes 10 extended interviews & more than 150 minutes of never before seen footage, inside the recording of Sonic Highways. Pre-orders begin March 9th at http://www.foofighters.com and via iTunes. Fans can also purchase DRM free files direct from the band at http://buy.foofighters.com

10960334_10155198578720545_5567547773206349106_o.jpg

Livestream for Foo Fighters Rock Am Ring set

http://www.rock-am-ring.com/

So Dave Grohl broke his leg in Sweden last night

11401049_10155643082760545_5445473773493472070_n.jpg?oh=fe2336095c55965515a6f0e7973be890&oe=562A5E58

Next 2 shows have been cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

I was at the gig in Göteborg. Was desperate. Good enough for him I say.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

European/UK tour cancelled (including Glasto)

I'd imagine those who had tickets for the Foos Wembley gig and the rest of their UK run will be seriously disappointed, and probably damning Dave for falling off stage and breaking his leg.

But **** happens, so hopefully Dave makes a speedy recovery and they'll be back touring with the cancelled dates rescheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Had tickets for Wembley... say if I didn't see them in Slane, I'd have been crying my little heart out.

But Blur were playing in Hyde Park that evening, so got to see them instead.

Hope Dave gets back to full health swiftly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Will probably skip Slane and go see the Foo's in England, €80 is a bit pricey, and not too pushed on the support bands either.

How'd that work out for you?

The American tour is still on - http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/86581

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    How'd that work out for you?

The American tour is still on - http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/86581

Didn't go, the opportunity to see Mastodon popped up, so saw Mastodon instead, will see Foo Fighters when and if they eventually roll around to Ireland again.

They're now playing Murrayfield and Milton Keynes in September to make up for the cancelled shows.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I thought this video was pretty cool. Seems to have worked too as DG just posted a response (in Italian) saying that he promises they will play there.

The entirety of Foo Fighters’ Million Dollar Demos tape leaks online.... An early version of the band's seminal 2002 album, One By One.

Recently, the entirety of what has come to be known as the Million Dollar Demos surfaced on Reddit. As the story goes, inner-band turmoil nearly forced Foo Fighters to break up whilst recording their 2002 album One By One. Ultimately, they recorded two different versions of the album, the latter of which was the one released to the public. The other version has remained unreleased, though various tracks from it have leaked over time.

The Million Dollar Demos contains 11 tracks, 10 of which were considered for the album. Of those 10, three were officially released: “Tired Of You”, “Walking A Line”, and “Normal”. Two others, “Have It All” and “Come Back” later leaked online.

• One by One was when I stopped listening to foo fighters , after hearing those during the week I'd still have stopped listening to them. Not having a dig at them just what they've made since then hasn't been for me.

Answers/guesses on a postcard folks, all to be revealed November 22nd

http://lobby.foofighters.com/

Answers/guesses on a postcard folks, all to be revealed November 22nd

http://lobby.foofighters.com/

Sonic Highways Part 2? New Album? I can't see how they'd have time to do either as they've been on the road for ages though.

Another Spinal Tap moment for dave on stage...!!!

• Advertisement

New 5 track EP available for download today. Saint Cecelia.

Edit - it's free as well which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Wonder how long they are going to be gone for as a band? Dave cannot stay away and will obviously be popping up in side projects or guest spots for others but as a band that letter makes it sound like they are knackered in a musical sense.

I'd say after this tour cycle, the Foo's might go away for a bit, recharge their batteries/members off doing their own thing.. Then come back down the line and go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They've been on a pretty long tour schedule for the last couple of years to be fair - looking at some sites, they've basically been touring internationally since 2011, with about a six months' break being the longest. And the recent tour wasn't small venues, these were big gigs. These guys are all getting on, they've got families who now probably can't tour with them for the most part.

Boo hoo, big millionaire rock stars living it up internationally, but I think anyone would be fncking exhausted and dying to just get home to their families and stick their feet up and watch crap TV with a beer in their hand.

He says they've recorded a pile of new stuff, so that'll probably get released in dribs and drabs so that the Foos don't get forgotten, and in 3 or 4 years' time they'll head on a big tour again.

So at 05:56 this morning, the Foo Fighter twitter account tweeted this..

https://twitter.com/foofighters/status/704908331375337472?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So at 05:56 this morning, the Foo Fighter twitter account tweeted this..

https://twitter.com/foofighters/status/704908331375337472?lang=en

So it's a band announcement, not a tour announcement.

Reckon one of the guys is leaving

scudzilla wrote: »
    So it's a band announcement, not a tour announcement.

Reckon one of the guys is leaving

Rumours of a break up being tossed around as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Rumours of a break up being tossed around as well.
    God I hope these are true :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Corey Taylor new vocalist it seems no harm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    No Break up

Advertisement