Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pearl jam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Hey lads, I have a promo code for 30% off in the Pearl jam store for their black Friday sale that I won't be using, so it's open to one of you if anybody wants it. Doesn't include bootlegs unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Got that as well via 10C mailing. It's not a unique code, so anyone can use it. Gives 30% off on Friday.

BF2014

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

Temple of the dog reunion last night! Mike was playing with the seattle symphony, they performed three pieces of music, haven't come across any video of that yet unfortunately. Then there was a Mad Season 'reunion' with Cornell on vocals, they performed Long Gone Day, River of Deciet,I dont know anything, wake up and lifeless dead.

Then TOTD played reach down and call me a dog.

Concert finished with a tribute to Layne and Baker, a powerful performance of All Alone.

edit - heres a boot of the Mad Season portion of the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

love temple of the dog cornell sounds good there

amazing the amount of great bands he was in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Jaysus Cornell sounding in top form there

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Hansard took a swing at Present Tense..pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

david75 wrote: »
    Hansard took a swing at Present Tense..pretty good.

I'm not a Hansard fan at all but to be fair he absolutely nailed that track. Powerful lyrics.

One of their best and most underrated songs..

I have a friend and thats his favourite song..standing beside him during a show in Shoreline ampitheatre in san francisco in 03 and it was his birthday and hed never heard it live, and suddenly Pj played it..one of my favourite show memories..full on with the feels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Seems Pearl Jam have some sort of an announcement this Friday.
    My guess is some sort of 25 year anniversary thingy but who knows,could be another Tour!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

It's definitely a tour.

• Advertisement

sebcity wrote: »
    It's definitely a tour.

I agree,hopefully it takes in Europe

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I agree,hopefully it takes in Ireland

Fixed it for ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EachSmallChime

They're surely due an Irish show?
    What's it been, 6 years since their last one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

As much as I'd love it to be, I can't imagine it's a Euro tour, having toured here last year.

Wishful thinking, but I'm going to Glastonbury...

Turns out it's Latin American tour in November

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭fluke

Ah sure! Good for them.

So I went all out fanboi today :)
    11403455_10153931554753032_9130949836752763101_n.jpg?oh=c2f935199c390fc0cd04043e59f435f9&oe=55EB6C68

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Just saw a comment on Reddit that I think perfectly sums up YL at the end of most PJ shows :pac:
    House lights go up, Mike begins the song and everyone knows the show is ending. 30,000 people raise their beers, put their arms around each other and sing 30,000 different versions of Yellow Ledbetter because no one knows the words. Ed sings it different every time as well, partly on purpose and partly because he is absolutely shitfaced on red wine by the end of every single show

Big announcement coming soon according to their FB and Twitter.

• Advertisement

They're playing Central Park for the global citizen festival. Almost impossible to get tickets to you have to be a registered full time do gooder activist.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Coverage from the Global Citizen Festival starting now on BBC1. Only an hour so probably won't see much PJ

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Eugh, Beyonce. Vedder would've covered that song much better on his own.

I thought they sounded good together. Plus it was the lead/first thing mentioned the on all sorts of news outlets, even the Irish times covered it and used eds picture for the story.
    PJ haven't had that sorta coverage since god knows when

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

david75 wrote: »
    I thought they sounded good together. Plus it was the lead/first thing mentioned the on all sorts of news outlets, even the Irish times covered it and used eds picture for the story.
    PJ haven't had that sorta coverage since god knows when

Exactly my thoughts. I'm also awaiting the buzzfeed article to show tweets from kids saying whoever Beyonce sang with will now become huge.

haha!! i'm sure they've been a few thousand of them tweets :)

Funny you mention it, but if you watch it back, Beyonce looks a bit confused during her performance, lookin down at the front rows? it was all PJ fans waiting for her to get off..she wasnt getting anything like the adoration shes used to.. :) loadsa mates travelled to NYC for it..and while I do like seeing PJ live, im glad i didnt travel for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Came across this yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Anyone heading to Pearl Jem in the Academy in 3 weeks?

• Advertisement

Are they playing again?! Loved them last time!

Advertisement