Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UK£ vs € = Not a bargain to be had at the moment

• 15-05-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

The NI BA thread seems like a ghost town at the moment... not a thing posted in 2 months! And the strong UK pound vs the euro isn't helping at all.

I miss the old days of heading up to Newry and Lisburn to do a bit of shopping and saving a fortune!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

I'm heading up tomorrow to buy 10. ThankS OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

dodzy wrote: »
    I'm heading up tomorrow to buy 10. ThankS OP.

Thats your christmas presents sorted early this year so dodzy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Still some good deals to be had with regards to products such as washing gels and particularly drugs (medicinal, before you get your hopes up).
    Of particular note are of course all the own brand ibuprofen and paracetamol, especially kids calpol and ibuprofen bottles. Own brand in my local pharmacy up north are £1.60 as opposed to prices ranging from €3 to €5 for the branded versions down here (Calpol or Nurofen).
    And of course you can buy 10 paracetamol or ibuprofen for about 15p in most supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

It is very quite in here at the moment. Heading to Co. Antrim myself next week for holls but it looks like I won't be picking up too many bargains. At this rate, I'm almost better off buying provisions (we are self-catering) south of the border... I never thought I would hear myself say that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

oakshade wrote: »
    It is very quite in here at the moment. Heading to Co. Antrim myself next week for holls but it looks like I won't be picking up too many bargains. At this rate, I'm almost better off buying provisions (we are self-catering) south of the border... I never thought I would hear myself say that :(

and remember to fill your fuel tank, diesel is about €1.70/litre up north :eek:

• Advertisement

delahuntv wrote: »
    and remember to fill your fuel tank, diesel is about €1.70/litre up north :eek:

Yikes, will do - thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Sainsbury & Asda price wars have begun. Sky news says that Asda are now charging 108.7p per litre of diesel, and 111.7p per litre of unleaded. And they think it'll drop to £1 a litre. When it's £1 = €1.41, it's still worth filling the tank down south but if you have to top up, then it's not too bad, and isn't it grand to get out for the day :)

rosieirl wrote: »
    Sainsbury & Asda price wars have begun. Sky news says that Asda are now charging 108.7p per litre of diesel, and 111.7p per litre of unleaded. And they think it'll drop to £1 a litre. When it's £1 = €1.41, it's still worth filling the tank down south but if you have to top up, then it's not too bad, and isn't it grand to get out for the day :)

We are back since yesterday (brilliant time etc), saw diesel for around £114.9 in a few places but we did a day trip to Malin head and I filled up after crossing back to the Republic. Bought loads of generic calpol, nurofen, paracetamol etc ☺. Hopefully the currency rates will move again, would love a long weekend in Belfast with just the missus.

Advertisement