Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

i want to go back to ios 7

• 11-12-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I recently updated my iphone 4s to ios8 which was a mistake phone has become seriously slow and unusable at times with apps crashing how do I go back to ios7 or is it possible
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It's not possible. Try erasing and setting up as a fresh iPhone with nothing on it and it might be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

We all want to go back :/
    I actually have an ipad one in the house, not mine, I have ipad4, and safari on ipad 1 now moves much faster and slicker than it does on ipad 4. It's just depressing. If someone essential breaks your expensive electronics they should pay to get it fixed, shouldn't be any different because it's apple that have caused the problem I think. They should offer downgrades to people who are finding ios8+ terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

We all want to go back :/.

We do? iOS 8 is much better and stable than iOS 7

• Registered Users Posts: 9,914 ✭✭✭dodzy

I actually have an ipad one in the house, not mine, I have ipad4, and safari on ipad 1 now moves much faster and slicker than it does on ipad 4. It's just depressing. If someone essential breaks your expensive electronics they should pay to get it fixed, shouldn't be any different because it's apple that have caused the problem I think. They should offer downgrades to people who are finding ios8+ terrible.
    I love it. Have not update my Ipad 2 as it performs flawlessly on 7 and instructed the daughter to leave well enough alone on her 4S which is also fine. Loving it on the 6. And have used it on later Ipads without issue. Incidentally, just updated to 8.1.2 right now. Dunno what the change log consists of.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Mate apple is ****€, I used iphone for years an years it was so hard making the jump to Android but i had to, ios 8 destroyed my hser experience on my 5s, its totally not exceptable

Im on Android an delighted never to give apple my business again I suggest you do the same you wont regret it

• Advertisement

I have tried network resets and resetting my modem and reinstalling ios and I still have loads of problems with my wifi and safari since I updated to ios8 and each increment since.Safari hangs for a minute opening a page, wifi takes 20 mins to connect after one of its many disconnections. It's now a pain to use.
    If anyone has any tips to fix it let me know please.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

I had a few issues with my iPhone 5S after updating - found wifi disconnecting constantly and battery wasn't lasting. Did a restore through iTunes and restored my iCloud backup and it's as good as new :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Mate apple is ****€, I used iphone for years an years it was so hard making the jump to Android but i had to, ios 8 destroyed my hser experience on my 5s, its totally not exceptable

Im on Android an delighted never to give apple my business again I suggest you do the same you wont regret it

Useful post in the Apple Devices forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Zcott wrote: »
    Useful post in the Apple Devices forum.

Very VERY useful advice in the apple forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Android? Well at least you'll know what really broken is.
    After iOS when I went back to android I didn't last 6 months before flogging it.
    Never again, I've given you enough chances android.

I should mention I have iOS 8 on a 5s and it works fine, no real difference to 7 performance or stability wise.
    I also have it on an iPad two and while it's a bit slow, especially at first for some reason, it's quite usable for browsing etc.
    It hasn't really been able for any of the recent games though for a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I fully agree os8 destroyed my iPad2 so I will never buy an apple product ever again due to their contempt for their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

I've been having problems with this ios8 for months, have had no wifi since well before christmas. The next chance i get im swapping to android,just cant afford it at the moment. Im very unhappy with how Apple handle these mes ups. What gets me most is the lack of communication. Any other product based company would be strung up if it's products simply didnt work as they should. You spend big money for these phones and then you're forced to upgrade every 6 months to a system that you have to spend another 6 months configuring so your battery doesnt die in 2 hours. You've finally configured the phone to settings that best suit you and then its another bloody update again, which seems to balls everything up.

When will apple apologise for the disaster that is ios8 and fix the bugs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I've been having problems with this ios8 for months, have had no wifi since well before christmas. The next chance i get im swapping to android,just cant afford it at the moment. Im very unhappy with how Apple handle these mes ups. What gets me most is the lack of communication. Any other product based company would be strung up if it's products simply didnt work as they should. You spend big money for these phones and then you're forced to upgrade every 6 months to a system that you have to spend another 6 months configuring so your battery doesnt die in 2 hours. You've finally configured the phone to settings that best suit you and then its another bloody update again, which seems to balls everything up.

When will apple apologise for the disaster that is ios8 and fix the bugs!!!

What current bugs are you talking about?

I have a 6 plus. my gf has a 6, and an iPad 2. my son has an iPad 2 and a 4s. I had a 5 and sold it. my mother has a 4s, my dad has a 5s and all of his employees have 5s.

That's almost 20 apple devices, all running iOS 8 since it was released. No issues at all. (I handle all tech for them so I know they work perfectly fine).

Maybe its the way your using it, or that the update has brought to light an underlying hardware issue with your phone.

Either way, the issue wont fix itself. Have you spoken with AppleCare about it?

What current bugs are you talking about?

I have a 6 plus. my gf has a 6, and an iPad 2. my son has an iPad 2 and a 4s. I had a 5 and sold it. my mother has a 4s, my dad has a 5s and all of his employees have 5s.

That's almost 20 apple devices, all running iOS 8 since it was released. No issues at all. (I handle all tech for them so I know they work perfectly fine).

Maybe its the way your using it, or that the update has brought to light an underlying hardware issue with your phone.

Either way, the issue wont fix itself. Have you spoken with AppleCare about it?

I think there has been very widespread problems with wifi on ios, both from it taking ages to connect, random disconnects, but more importantly it has slowed web browsing to a crawl.
    I have an ipad 4. Wifi browsing has slowed to a point that is almost unusable. It is fine via 3g however. I have an ipad 1 in the house that will load webpages in seconds while ipad 4 struggles to load the same pages in a minute at times.

If you have an insights into what might help I'd be delighted. I've tried resetting the modem, reinstalling ios, resetting all network settings, forgetting network etc.

Advertisement