Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question about 2 day non camping ticket at Oxygen

• 01-07-2005 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

A friend of mine has a 2 day ticket for Oxegen (without camping). But something has come up and he can't go now on the Saturday.
    Can I use his ticket to go on the Saturday and then he can go on the Sunday?

I've heard something about if you have a 2 day ticket, you get a wristband that cannot be taken off....so if I took my mates ticket for Saturday, then he wouldn't be able to go in on the Sunday as I would have the wristband...and these have to be cut off and cannot be re-attached.

Can anyone let me know if this is true or not? I would have thought you get a different wristband for the Sunday?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Prundic

Is second this question,I am in the same predicament and I really need an answer as soon as possible...If anyone can lend some advice it would be much appreciated.Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh i think you do get a wristband that cant be taken off too easily and has to be kept worn, but you can just cut it off and give it to your friend and sellotape it back togethar.
    one of the lads camping band broke last year and he just taped it back togethar and it was perfectly acceptable to the security at the gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Smurphy

Thanks for the reply draffodx.

But is it not true that if the band has been tampered with, then security would have the right to turn you away?

The reason I ask is coz I'd be getting my mates ticket for nothing.
    But if he went to use it on the Sunday and was turned away coz the wristband was tampered with.....well then he'd be well pissed off.
    And I don't want to go on the Saturday if I risk losing a mate on the Sunday
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

They didn't really examine my wrist band last year. More just a flash of it and a tug of it. Strong sellotape should stand up to this and I doubt they would turn you away if you have the stub of the ticket aswell as a broken wrist band.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

well unless ur gonna keep goin in and out of the campsite ur ok.. last year (especially at night, everyone goin back to the campsites) as long as they saw the colour of the wristband on ur wrist u were grand....

that leaves it easy to make one out of paper... it has worked.. its dark anyway!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

alternatilvely, get ur friend to wear loads of wristbands and stuff that way the oxegen wristband will be loose on his arm cos they'll put it above them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

just break it at the round clip part and then super glue it at the same place. its will be fine!

Advertisement