Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home security AGS check

Options
  • 27-02-2015 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, just applied for my renewal for first rifle I bought (gotten a few more since first licence). I haven't had a home check yet, I have a concealed wall mounted gun safe, highest grade eircom pw alarm, i.e 2 internal sensors, and 8 foot locked gates of an evening yadda yadda..

Anyway I was wondering does one get notification of a ASG home check by post? or is it just a random visit, which I guess the latter wouldn't make sense, since they don't know whether your in or out at time of call.
    Thanks for input in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Wadi14

your security looks ok, if AGS are coming to visit you, you may get a call before hand to arrange a time, you may get a call to say they will be there in 5 mins or as in some cases you may get a knock on the door and ask to see them, I believe with the last scenario he would have to be invited into you home he just cant walk in your front door, I may be wrong in that, others who would know better can advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭freddieot

I my case they have always rang in advance to see if I'd be in. In fairness they have never acted the ar**. Have a good supply of biscuits on hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

freddieot wrote: »
    I my case they have always rang in advance to see if I'd be in. In fairness they have never acted the ar**. Have a good supply of biscuits on hand.

+1 on that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Indeed,break out the good "Afternoon Tea" biscuts,none of the Lidils best stuff.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Gormley85

In my own case Id usually get a phone call and be told they will be there in 5 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Got a call the day before to arrange a time the following day.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Only had it once after upgraded some security he rung to see when it would suit to call!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Steve012

Cheers lads, didn't know the process, thanks. :)

Advertisement