Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I'm just shattered - all I want to do is lie in bed! No chance! 7+5 today - hopefully the tiredness will lift in a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

Hey,

Just found out i'm about 5 weeks pregnant today :-) due end of sept by all calculations. It's my first and I'm bursting to tell people so thought I could join this thread :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 B00514202

Hey all just wondering how long did you have to wait for the letter confirming your first hospital appointment. I went to GP last week to confirm pregnancy & get registered, she said she would notify the hospital (ballinasloe) now just waiting for the letter. Going public cos GP said I'd be mad to go private in Ballinasloe only difference is Id have to pay 2000-3000e ontop of health insurance.
    I'm really eager to get date for appt cos really need to get due date confirmed - I'm 4 months off pill & not really had proper period since so dating at the moment is based on when the home pregnancy tests changed from negative to positive. Not the most accurate method.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

You'll probably get it during this week, I confirmed with gp on a Monday and had letter by the end of the week. When the tests changed from negative to positive would be quite accurate, usually a positive test is possible as soon as your period is late by a day or a few. I got distinctly positive tests when I was about 7 hrs late.

You'll probably get it during this week, I confirmed with gp on a Monday and had letter by the end of the week. When the tests changed from negative to positive would be quite accurate, usually a positive test is possible as soon as your period is late by a day or a few. I got distinctly positive tests when I was about 7 hrs late.
    Thanks a million for your reply, you were right about the letter, it arrived Mon evening. I actually have my first appointment next week as first day of last period was 1st Nov (that's the only period I got since stopping pill in Aug). I took a few pregnancy tests during Dec and all were negative so the Dr reckons I only ovulated in Dec. so this scan is really important for my dating. Hopefully il stay in the September group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Hi ladies,

Guess I'll be joining you. Just found out today due around 6th. So roughly 7 weeks.

Have 3 girls already the youngest is just 22 weeks. I'm only back at work a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Kaylami wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Guess I'll be joining you. Just found out today due around 6th. So roughly 7 weeks.

Have 3 girls already the youngest is just 22 weeks. I'm only back at work a month.

Wow u will be busy :)
    Congrats!

Thanks dublinlady

Just registered today for Holles Street. Little bit apprehensive as had my 3 girls in drogheda but don't fancy a 2 1/2 drive in labour!

Feeling a little bit naseous today but the girls have a vomiting bug so I'm putting it down to that.

It's the exhaustion that's killing me all I want to do is sleep thank god I'm off work for a few weeks!

Hey Ladies, had my booking in appt / 12 week scan this week. Finally I have a due date of 9/9, which puts me just over 8 weeks. Dr said il be called back for next scan in 14 weeks time - as in at 22 weeks. To me it's seems strange that my next scan won't be until May. As far as I know it's just GP visits every 4 weeks till then. Scan was amazing got to hear heartbeat & just about make out the head.
    Hope ye are all doing well & that morning sickness not driving you mad. I'm just nauseous when I wake & all evening- but no getting sick so can't complain.
    Oh have terrible heartburn / gas which I've never suffered from before.
    We are going to wait till the 12 week mark to start telling family & friends, despite not having a scan at 12 weeks, it's just too early now.

Oh congratulations must be so exciting to see the little one.

As far as I know they normally do a big scan at 20/22 weeks to check everything.

It sucks having to wait though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

We had a scan today, measuring at 7 weeks 1 day. Heartbeat was really nice to see.

Hospital appointment at 12 weeks. Can't wait to see the difference.

Have my first appointment on the 11th March in one of the satellite clinics for Holles Street. I'll be 14 weeks.

So excited to finally meet this baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cleetonta

dublinlady wrote:
    How's everyone feeling? Wish the weeks would speed up to 12!!!

I'm 9 weeks today!! it couldn't be going slower!!!

We got a private scan this week in Blackrock and are both in total shock...we're having twins!!! So it's been a highly emotional few days, but starting to calm now. Just couldn't believe it. It's what you hear happens to others, and don't it'll happen to you!! so I'm very nervous but trying not to be, as that's not good for any of us!

cleetonta wrote: »
    I'm 9 weeks today!! it couldn't be going slower!!!

We got a private scan this week in Blackrock and are both in total shock...we're having twins!!! So it's been a highly emotional few days, but starting to calm now. Just couldn't believe it. It's what you hear happens to others, and don't it'll happen to you!! so I'm very nervous but trying not to be, as that's not good for any of us!

Oh wow congratulations! Double the fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Have my first appointment on the 11th March in one of the satellite clinics for Holles Street. I'll be 14 weeks.

So excited to finally meet this baby!

Hi Kaylami, I accidentally popped into this thread, I was sept 2014 but I saw your post.

I went to the Wicklow satellite clinic and they did not give a scan at the booking appointment, they said they only gave the 20 week scan at Holles St.

I was crushed to find out, I had been really pumped to see my baby and felt like the rug was pulled out from under me so just wanted to warn you in case it is the same at your satellite clinic -maybe ring and check beforehand?

I ended up getting a private scan done in the ultrasound clinic in bray at 12 weeks - highly recommend it if you have to go down that route!

BTW - congrats Sept 2015 girls!

Hi Kaylami, I accidentally popped into this thread, I was sept 2014 but I saw your post.

I went to the Wicklow satellite clinic and they did not give a scan at the booking appointment, they said they only gave the 20 week scan at Holles St.

I was crushed to find out, I had been really pumped to see my baby and felt like the rug was pulled out from under me so just wanted to warn you in case it is the same at your satellite clinic -maybe ring and check beforehand?

I ended up getting a private scan done in the ultrasound clinic in bray at 12 weeks - highly recommend it if you have to go down that route!

BTW - congrats Sept 2015 girls!

Thanks a million for that info. From asking around I did realise they don't scan you. So disappointed.

I'm going to book a private scan in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

We have our first scan Tomorrow week - can not wait - the next one after that is at 32 weeks so ill just get a private anomaly scan at 22 weeks - We did this with our little boy and it was great for reassurance !

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Hi, so I had a early dating scan yesterday - am 8 weeks and 4 days so due 24th sept however got a total shock that there is two inside!!! Nervous, scared, high risk, excited to say the least. Just doesn't feel real. Fingers crossed all goes plan sailing, il have my hands full in sept. I've a little our who will be 2yrs 8 months in sept so 3 under 3.... ����

Nicky987 wrote: »
    Hi, so I had a early dating scan yesterday - am 8 weeks and 4 days so due 24th sept however got a total shock that there is two inside!!! Nervous, scared, high risk, excited to say the least. Just doesn't feel real. Fingers crossed all goes plan sailing, il have my hands full in sept. I've a little our who will be 2yrs 8 months in sept so 3 under 3.... ����

Congratulations such an exciting time ☺

First scan tomorrow eek !!!!

• Advertisement

LH2013 wrote: »
    First scan tomorrow eek !!!!

Oh you must be so excited! Best of luck ☺

Met my beautiful little baby today :) Very healthy and very active baby :) Delighted and feel more relaxed now !

Anybody notice their symptoms gone after 10 weeks or so? I noticed quite suddenly that boobs no longer sore & I'm not feeling crampy/tight around the tummy. I rang the doc & they said its normal for symptoms to ease around now cause hormones level out but it feels weird - I dont feel pregnant really!

Had scan at 9 weeks and saw baby, heartbeat good & strong etc so this is keeping me from total panic!! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 larossa

Hi leogirl

I have experienced the same thing with symptoms suddenly stopping overnight at 11 weeks 3days. I'm currently 12 weeks 3 days and don't feel pregnant at all but I have been told it is normal and that the placenta has likely taken over and doing the work now instead. I'm sure all is ok and there is nothing to worry about.

larossa wrote: »
    Hi leogirl

I have experienced the same thing with symptoms suddenly stopping overnight at 11 weeks 3days. I'm currently 12 weeks 3 days and don't feel pregnant at all but I have been told it is normal and that the placenta has likely taken over and doing the work now instead. I'm sure all is ok and there is nothing to worry about.

Thank you. I know I should be delighted - pregnancy would be easy if it felt this way all the time :-) but it was just strange to suddenly stop. Everything I'm reading & what the docs & other women tell me is that its quite normal. I should just relax. I have another scan 11th March so I can relax after that. I'll go to hospital if any bleeds etc.

Happened to me on all three. Went from feeling terrible sore boob nausea to feeling fine. Normally around the 14 week mark for me.

10 + 5 today so still a good bit to go!

Yeah I'm about the same as you (10 +3) so I thought it might be a bit early to feel this way. From what I've read, this usually happens at 12-14 weeks. Although I'm been told all pregnancies are different & even though I'm not being silly, to try to stop worrying & relax. Enjoy the reprieve :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Girls I'm popping in here from the October thread but just have a quick question. I'm in or around 8 weeks. Some of your posts have said "I'm 11 weeks 6 days" etc but have you had your scans or how can ye be so certain?

Locum filled in the blue referral form when I was with him 2 weeks ago so do I just sit back, relax and wait for the scan appointment to come? Public patient btw

heldel00 wrote: »
    Girls I'm popping in here from the October thread but just have a quick question. I'm in or around 8 weeks. Some of your posts have said "I'm 11 weeks 6 days" etc but have you had your scans or how can ye be so certain?

Locum filled in the blue referral form when I was with him 2 weeks ago so do I just sit back, relax and wait for the scan appointment to come? Public patient btw

Going by dates of last period. I'm exactly 11 weeks today. This might change slightly when I have my first scan but I'm pretty confident and have been right on the other 3.

What hospital are you attending? Normally you get your appointment out in the post but it can take a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Going by dates of last period. I'm exactly 11 weeks today. This might change slightly when I have my first scan but I'm pretty confident and have been right on the other 3.

What hospital are you attending? Normally you get your appointment out in the post but it can take a few weeks.

Confided in a friend today who has recently gone through the system in Cavan, where I'll be attending, and she told me that I need to make contact with the unit myself to get the ball rolling so will do that first thing Monday.
    She got a scan at 11 weeks and quite regular after so I'm more content now knowing that.

Advertisement