Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow Patrol & Florence And The Machine - Phoenix Park

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

The only thing about getting a bus is that you might get stuck in traffic going up by the Pheonix Park

Well it's my only option so I'll just have to deal with that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

Does anyone know what time it'll be over? Have to use public transport but as it's a Sunday everything will stop around 10pm-ish.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Does anyone know what time it'll be over? Have to use public transport but as it's a Sunday everything will stop around 10pm-ish.

Id say curfew is either 10.30 or 11

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I think this is going to be my 7th or 8th time seeing snow patrol and they never let me down!

Gonna be my 7th time seeing them, can't wait they always put on some show!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

Do you think its going to be muddy.. will we need the old Wellies.. there is 2 other gigs on before this one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Gonna be my 7th time seeing them, can't wait they always put on some show!

Ah lucky, my first time seeing SP been meaning to for a while now but never got around to it.

Worried about public transport myself, wonder how far the shuttle buses will go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

It's probably been answered already but I'm not reading the whole thread.

Are Snow Patrol or Florence and the Machine on last?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Snow Patrol are headlining so they'll be last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Basq wrote: »
    Snow Patrol are headlining so they'll be last.

Bummer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

dshakey wrote: »
    Do you think its going to be muddy.. will we need the old Wellies.. there is 2 other gigs on before this one..

I'd def bring wellies it's going to be very muddy if we get the rain they're expecting and as you said with the other concerts on thurs and sat night there will be plenty on footfall to muddy up the grass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Does anyone know what brand(s) of beer will be on sale at this?

Im gonna guess Heineken???

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FreddyFried

Hey guys, drove through the Phoenix park at the weekend & looks like the stage is going up. It seems to be closest to ashtown gate which is quite far from heuston. U could get 39, 37, 38 bus to ashtown gate (by the halfway house pub) or the arrow train to ashtown & walk up. Its only a few minutes from there. Also handy for parking up there :) getting excited now!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

Saw this posted over on facebook from ticketmaster:
    Snow Patrol - Gates open 15:00 and first band, Here We Go Magic are on at 15:15hrs.

Love Here We Go Magic, had no idea they were playing too!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

Link to the layout and location of the site in Phoenix Park

http://postimage.org/image/tplvd94pt/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Just got myself a pair of tickets (for passing a year long course) on ticketmaster, just so people are aware there are a few for sale still.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BrianMcC

Whats the best option for parking and getting to/from the venue folks?
    Coming up from Cork and dont have much knowledge of the Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

MCD posted a poster regarding venue rules, bringing in chairs, drink, food etc., and public transport.

(link to it as it's big enough) http://www.mcd.ie/safety_notices/phoenixsafety_large.jpg

SNOW PATROL FLORENCE + THE MACHINE THE TEMPER TRAP BRESSIE ** WE ARE AUGUSTINES ** HERE WE GO MAGIC

phoenixsafety_small.jpg

For the bigger picture http://www.mcd.ie/safety_notices/phoenixsafety_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Anyone for this not received tickets? Only ordered last week so dont know if should be onto ticketmaster about it yet since only ordered last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Martin_ie2012

Raging there is more tickets for this, i know its an odd complaint. Its Just that when it was announced as sold out I forgot about it and moved on and didnt book the day off work and am now working. Have seen snow patrol and their more recent stuff hasnt been great so not bothered aboutt then but would love to see florence and the machine. Ah well hopefully she tours again before too long. Will just have bruce to look forward to in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jonaflynn

Going to the concert on Sunday and was never at an out door concert before... was wondering if anyone could recommend what kind of clothes and footwear to bring e.g. new jeans and runners or old ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ElephantStone

BrianMcC wrote: »

Your best bet is probably parking at the Red Cow Luas park and ride facility, getting the luas from there to Heuston and from there walking to the gig. Heuston is right beside the park, just ask for directions if you cant see signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ElephantStone

jonaflynn wrote: »
    Going to the concert on Sunday and was never at an out door concert before... was wondering if anyone could recommend what kind of clothes and footwear to bring e.g. new jeans and runners or old ones :)

If its raining the place will be very muddy, especially after the two other gigs on thursday and Saturday. Wear old runners and jeans, bring a coat if it looks like rain. You'll know yourself on the day. But expect there to be muck everywhere if its at all rainy from Friday onwards.

If its raining the place will be very muddy, especially after the two other gigs on thursday and Saturday. Wear old runners and jeans, bring a coat if it looks like rain. You'll know yourself on the day. But expect there to be muck everywhere if its at all rainy from Friday onwards.

Yep i will do that , thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

jonaflynn wrote: »

Wellies are a must and a light rain jacket!!

Wellies are a must and a light rain jacket!!

Il bring the wellies if its raining a few days before its on tanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

Saw this on MusicScene, claims to be official

15:00 – Gates Open
    15:30 – Here We Go Magic
    16:15 – We Are Augustines
    17:00 – Bressie
    18:00 – The Temper Trap
    19:30 – Florence & The Machine
    21:15 – Snow Patrol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Anyone know if there will be a bike rack area provided? Nothing mentioned on that poster. There was a dedicated bike-park at Bloom which AFAIK was in the same area of the park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 FreddyFried

BrianMcC wrote: »

Your best bet is probably parking at the Red Cow Luas park and ride facility, getting the luas from there to Heuston and from there walking to the gig. Heuston is right beside the park, just ask for directions if you cant see signs.

In case u don't want the hassle of getting back to red cow, Phoenix park racecourse train station is also park & ride. U can literally walk from there to the concert. It's only a minutes drive off the m50, exit castleknock/blanch and head towards the city centre.

Advertisement