Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Music Lessons

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 makkerc

Hey, I live in Rathgar and am looking for some lessons to get back on the Violin, I completed up to T7, but haven't touched it for quite a while now and need a kick start. Would you be available to help me out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sorsors

Flute and piano teacher available.
    Lessons available in cork from Monday to Friday and Thurles at the weekend.
    Lessons are available in students home if in walking distance.
    I am currently studying music in college in Cork so reasonable rates for lessons.
    Also Music grinds available for junior cert and leaving cert.
    Contact Sorcha on: sorsors@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mcveigk

Piano, violin (classical or traditional), tin whistle, music theory, junior/leaving certificate grinds teacher available.

Half an hour one-to-one individual lessons, located in Dublin 12 - Terenure Templeogue Walkinstown area.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DS22

Are there any piano teachers near Our Ladys School in Templeogue for after school junior cert piano lessons

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ash_83

Piano Lessons available, in Limerick area, Monday to Friday.
    Willing to travel to your home.
    Happy to teach all ages, children and adults, very reasonable rates!
    Aishling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭clunked

Could I recommend that anyone proposing music lessons should state qualifications, experience etc. Its not the case that anyone having completed a few grades can teach an instrument adequately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

clunked wrote: »
    Could I recommend that anyone proposing music lessons should state qualifications, experience etc. Its not the case that anyone having completed a few grades can teach an instrument adequately.

It's a good idea, but I think for now if qualifications and experience aren't mentioned, people can just ask while they're negotiating with the teacher.

I've been thinking of doing a major clean-up of this thread when I get a chance, and I'll keep your suggestion in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 niamh.trad

Hello!
    Currently studying for a BA in Irish Traditional Music and Dance at the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance in the University of Limerick.
    Have also completed Grade 8 in Irish Harp with the Royal Irish Academy of Music. Lessons available on Friday evenings in the county Limerick area!

contact me at obrien.niamh18@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dreamer8700

Hi, Piano Teacher available in Castlebar, Co. Mayo. Experienced, teaching since 2004.

I am urgently looking for a Violin teacher for children aged 8+. Castlebar Area.

Please email dreamer8700@gmail.com

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rony76

Royal Academy of Music London graduate (Bmus LRAM) offering piano lessons in Galway - based in Kilcolgan but home visits in town are possible.
    Offering instruction to all ages from beginner to advanced.

For more info contact me at deburron@hotmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I'm looking for piano lessons for my daughter - Firhouse/Knocklyon area.

I'm a professional musician myself, I play the concertina and tin whistle, if someone happened to be interested in a barter system! You teach my kid, and I'll teach you or yours. :)

pm please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LinaKidd

LinaKidd wrote: »
    Fully qualified, experienced piano & singing teacher available for lessons in South Dublin (Lucan area).

All levels catered for - from total beginners to advanced, including preparation for RIAM and LSMD exams.

All ages welcome, from children to adults.

Study and enjoy music in various styles – classical, jazz, country, gospel, popular modern songs.

Contact Lina 087 9534789

Well, I moved to Midlands... So now it sounds like this:
    Fully qualified, experienced piano & singing teacher available for lessons in Edenderry, Co.Offaly.

All levels catered for - from total beginners to advanced, including preparation for RIAM and LSMD exams.

Study and enjoy music in various styles – classical, jazz, country, gospel, popular modern songs.

Contact Lina 087 9534789

Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LinaKidd

LinaKidd wrote: »
    Fully qualified, experienced piano & singing teacher available for lessons in South Dublin (Lucan area).

Contact Lina 087 9534789

It's not Lucan anymore! It's Edenderry, Co. Offaly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cacmaynooth

The Creative Arts Centre in maynooth offers le3ssons to all ages and abilities and for any and every instrument you can think of. For more information please contact Bernard Wallace on 015054744, email cacmaynooth@gmail.com or check out the website CreativeArts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ayhar

Hello:

I am looking for a piano teacher for my daughter, 8yrs old, on Thursdays:) afternoon(bet 3p.m.-4p.m. for 30 mins) in Dublin 8 area, i.e., Inchicore, Kilmainham, Rialto.

My daughter is a beginner.

If you know somebody who is interested, please let me know.

Thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Maryellen2610

Lisa85 wrote: »
    Piano teacher (starting out) available to teach for all exam boards. Currently studying for diploma.
    Rates are 12euro per half hour and there are ten half hour lessons per term.

Located in Raheny, Dublin.

If interested send a pm and I will get back to you.

Hi there. I am looking for piano lessons for my son . we live in Raheny and he is 8. He has had piano lessons for 1 year and would be preparing for preliminary.
    Can you let me know if you are taking on students and your rates
    thanks Mary. 0874180224

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daithi l

I am interested in piano lessons for 2 children. can you get back to me.ph. 0872441784 Clontarf.
    Lisa85 wrote: »
    Piano teacher (starting out) available to teach for all exam boards. Currently studying for diploma.
    Rates are 12euro per half hour and there are ten half hour lessons per term.

Located in Raheny, Dublin.

If interested send a pm and I will get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Fatgoogle

Im looking for a double bass teacher preferably on the south side of Dublin. I already play and have my own double bass but i have become a bit rusty over the summer from the leaving cert etc etc.
    If anyone knows of a good double bass teacher can you please PM me.

Thanks
    Sam H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Keyboard Teacher

Hi all. I am a piano/keyboard teacher visiting people's homes in the Dublin 2, 4, 6, and South Co Dublin areas. I have a BA and H Dip and am qualified to teach up to Leaving Cert level. I teach both children and adults.
    As well as teaching piano for RIAM exams and fun, I am currently enrolling for group Keyboard Classes in DUblin 2 and 4, both as nightclasses and for the mid-term break.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bex2

Violin lessons available in South Dublin area.

BA Music and Economics. Involved with a number of orchestras.
    Director of a Primary school violin programme where I teach all age groups and levels.

Lessons are 30mins on a one-to-one bases. Can travel to students home depending on availability.
    RIAM preparation and/or recreational playing!

If you're interested or have more questions, e-mail me at: rebeccam.001@gmail.com

Thanks, Rebecca!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TúathalTechtmar

Subject(s): Classical Guitar
    Lessons in Students Home? Dependant on location
    Contact Name: Stephen
    Email: stephen_mc_c@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fluterecorder

FLUTE AND RECORDER LESSONS CLASSES

Abbey School of Music

9 Lower Abbey St. Dublin 1

Private one to one lessons in Dublin City Centre.
    Fully qualified and experienced teacher. BMus, HDip.
    Reasonable Rates.

email fluterecorderdublin@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rohith

Hi evryone.

I am looking for key board lessons for a low price. I live in North Dublin(Close to Dublin 5). I am looking for private or group tutoring.

I have done keyboard lessons before and I have lost touch so I may be a beginner. Please email me information including price.

My email is rohith130@yahoo.com.

Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

Zangetsu wrote: »
    Looking for guitar teacher in Knocklyon/Terenure/Rathgar/Rathmines area to focus on learning fingerstyle guitar and take the grades.

Experience with alternate tunings would be nice too!

I second this - Same area and same requirements. Hit me with a PM if you are available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rohith

Hi, Im a teenager, living in Artane area in North Dublin and am looking for some keyboard lessons for a low price...(private or group). If someone can tutor me, that would be great.

email: rohith130@yahoo.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 curlywurls

Qualified classical piano teacher available to give tuition in the Limerick region.

Recently graduated from the Cork School of Music, and am teaching mainly from home, though I can travel if necessary.

Qualified to teach all grades.

087 9051122

spyro199@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dorinatrevino

RaveMaster wrote: »
    honours BA in Music from UCD
    violin performance diploma
    teaching, conducting and solo, orchestral performance experience

Location:South Dublin/City Centre (subject to accessibility)
    Where:Willing to travel to house subject to accessibility and distance
    Subject:Violin, Theory and Undergraduate Music grinds
    For more info or further discussion please PM me or contact serenata.agency@yahoo.co.uk

I was wondering how much you charge for violin classes for a young boy of 11 years who has taken piano classes and can therefore read music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I was wondering how much you charge for violin classes for a young boy of 11 years who has taken piano classes and can therefore read music.

Hi dorinatrevino - if you want to contact RaveMaster directly, it might be worth sending a PM (click on their username and then click "send a private message to this user") or an email. It's worth noting, though, that they posted their contact details three years ago, and mightn't be available by that means any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tidewater

PIANO LESSONS:RIAM all grades,beginners welcome.
    Ballybane-Merlin Park area.
    One-to-one basis only.
    I am qualified to teach all grades.
    For more details :

091-447300

http://carolinelocke.webstarts.com/ my website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dublin16Music

Dublin 16 Music

Qualified RIAM graduate (BA, DipMus) offerring violin, low brass (trombone, tuba, euphonium) lessons. Beginners of all ages very welcome, as are those returning after getting rusty! Music theory and Leaving Cert music also offered. €30 an hour/ €15 half hour.

Phone John on 083 345 4967 or email: Dublin16Music@gmail.com

Advertisement