Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Links234 wrote: »

I cannot state how much I hate to see that word used. It dismays me to see it used by people posting here on Boards in response to someone elses posts. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

That's a great video Links, it is terrible to think that word is still used, in any context. We were in a tutorial last week and we were talking about the kinds of people who might not have the capacity to enter a formal contract - drunk people, children, people will intellectual disabilities or some mental illnesses.

The tutor was asking for examples of the above, when this absolute airhead says "...mentally retarded people".

Everyone was shocked, including the tutor, but they all laughed too. I didn't though, it left me seething especially as this girl was clearly only saying it to be 'funny' :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

using the R word is something I've been guilty of in the past, and I feel ashamed that I didn't even think about how hurtful it could be.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Afternoon folks, beautiful day out there, of course I'm sitting in an office staring at a wall but still, it helps the mood to know that it's nice out!

In other news I am adoring my ereader. Have been on a downloading spree the past two nights. Someone here recommended the Hunger Games so I got those last night as well as a bunch of free classics. Lady chatterleys lover too, ooh matron. :D

using the R word is something I've been guilty of in the past, and I feel ashamed that I didn't even think about how hurtful it could be.

I've done it too, but I do my best not to anymore. My neighbours have a little girl who has Downs Syndrome and I really hope that she never has to come across people who will use that word against her.

Also, has anyone seen the video about Joseph Kony that seems to have gone viral everywhere? I first heard about it on Facebook this morning, I'd never heard of him before but he's been committing war crimes and crimes against humanity for 26 years. It's horrible, what he's been doing - capturing child soldiers and forcing little girls into sex slavery. Sick, sick man :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Mollikins wrote: »
    The sort of tutor you have really effects how you get on in a module.

Oh God I’m the same with books! Have my own mini library here! :o Are you doing a 4 year degree the same as Lola92 or a Fetac like myself? :)

No truer words have ever been spoken!

I'm doing FETAC 5, did LEVEL 4 last year and hopefully move onto degree or LEVEL 6 next year. Child Development exam went well :)

Jambon time..:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

silly wrote: »
    It's an app! A game! Addictive.

Damn, don't think I can get it on my phone.. I like games.
    Posy wrote: »
    Have fun at the hairdressers, Jane!. :)

I love my hair, I think I'll put a pic up in KYL now. :)

I had to post that video on my Facebook page. That little boy talking about his sister is the cutest! I will admit I have actually used that word in the past but I make an effort not to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I despise the R word. I will leave a room is someone uses it. It's such a degrading and insulting word and it's completely unnecessary.

I could rant for hours about it but I won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I almost just fell asleep while someone was showing me something at their computer. It wasn't boring but I just got this wave of tiredness and my eyes started closing.

Early night tonight for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I almost just fell asleep while someone was showing me something at their computer. It wasn't boring but I just got this wave of tiredness and my eyes started closing.

Early night tonight for me.

I managed to stay awake until 12.30 last night after getting 3 hours sleep the night before, dunno how I did that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

LostGirly wrote: »
    God they are just unreal! I had some row with them yesterday and under no circumstance would they replace the laptop for me! There should not be problems with something that cost €600 in the first 3 months!

Mine was €900 and didn't last 2 weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Mine was €900 and didn't last 2 weeks!!!

Did you ask to get it replaced? Imagine only having a 7 day guarantee! Doesn't make sense at all!

Looks like it's going to be a week from hell instead of yesterday being a day from hell. I want to kill boyfriend (why are boys SO annoying sometimes??!!), everything work related in going wrong, have too much to, house is a mess, and people are annoying.

/rant over :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Having a totally crap day. Spent all morning crying :(

Went into the kitchem a while ago and turmed on the desktop, in walks my mother and starts shouting at me for no reason, so I ended up crying again and now I've a pounding headache :(

So fed up of living here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Bellemaman wrote: »
    I'm trying to post and cannot aargh....:mad:. Keep clicking on new post but nothing happening. Help please:)

Seems to have worked now.

Welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Muffin, you ok hun? xx

Hope you're okay Muffin. Maybe a walk might help clear your headache, and it'll get you out of the house for a while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭texasgal

Pressing wildflowers for a project with DD15. Yes, we have wildflowers in Texas already ... weird "winter".

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

made it up to the hotel from Limerick way quicker than I thought so dunno what to do with the rest of the day/evening, doesnt seem to be much around here am near dublin airport, anyone from the area have any suggestions? no idea whats around here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Amon Amarth next Thursday! :D

amon-amarth-horn.jpg

should be epic :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

This is my theme song for this week.

**** it im making use of my hotel bath, relaxy time!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hope both your week's get better, Muffin and Acoshla. xxx

Jujibee, I love that song! I am such a big fan of Queen. It's sad how close to death Freddie is in the video though. :(

Only 2 and a half hours left in work, whopee. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

krudler wrote: »
    **** it im making use of my hotel bath, relaxy time!

Don't forget to wrap your hair up in a towel so it doesn't get wet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

made it up to the hotel from Limerick way quicker than I thought so dunno what to do with the rest of the day/evening, doesnt seem to be much around here am near dublin airport, anyone from the area have any suggestions? no idea whats around here

I'm from 5 mins away. You could drive into Swords to the cinema or for a bite to eat in the Pavillions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Kiera wrote: »
    I'm from 5 mins away. You could drive into Swords to the cinema or for a bite to eat in the Pavillions?

Are you asking him out on a date?

:D

nearby cinema? that'll do nicely, cmon google maps dont let me down like earlier when you sent me the wrong way to the hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

after slaving away at this essay im finally done!!

2900 words boom!! and got a test back got 80% woop!!

its a good day! and im going for coffee in a little bit aswell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

nearby cinema? that'll do nicely, cmon google maps dont let me down like earlier when you sent me the wrong way to the hotel

Movies at Swords is what you are looking for. Do not go to the UCI in Coolock as the seats are pants.

• Advertisement

Is it too early for alcohol?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement