Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

just found this irish websites that are realy cheap for computer cable

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

imitation wrote: »
    Id be wary of cheap batteries, Litium Ion batteries can be a fire/explosion risk if the battery is subjected to certain conditions. Most standard batteries come with circuitry and safety features to make sure this cannot happen. I wouldn't be so certain that a cheap battery would contain the same stuff. Given the risk and the stories I wouldn't put a five euro battery into a 400 euro phone.

how much do you think htc pay for the batteries- nothing (pennies)
    what i say this crowed are doing is buying a box of 100 and selling them at a small profit ...
    while the carphonewarehouse are buying them cheaper and selling them for 50 euros because they can!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

bpb101 wrote: »
    how much do you think htc pay for the batteries- nothing (pennies)
    what i say this crowed are doing is buying a box of 100 and selling them at a small profit ...
    while the carphonewarehouse are buying them cheaper and selling them for 50 euros because they can!

Yea but with the CPW you get an official HTC battery built to proper specification.
    Cheap Chinese knock offs have been around for a good while for phones and cameras and its well known a lot of them overheat and cause problems.

I'd be wary putting a Chinese knock off in me old Nokia never mind a Desire HD!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

Limited choice, no jack to jack or scart cable but I got a lot of what I needed very cheaply :D, picked up a set of earphones for 2.50 aswell cant go wrong there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Keith186 wrote: »
    Yea but with the CPW you get an official HTC battery built to proper specification.
    Cheap Chinese knock offs have been around for a good while for phones and cameras and its well known a lot of them overheat and cause problems.

I'd be wary putting a Chinese knock off in me old Nokia never mind a Desire HD!

so if this guy put a htc sticker on it and charged you €50 you would buy 2 or 3 :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Obviously not, I'd buy an official one from HTC. If something happens your phone because of the battery it'd be under warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

aidankkk wrote: »
    He might be buying some stuff there, but anything i ordered comes next day, and normally takes a bout a month from deal extreme.
    This may change shortly. Seems they have a new warehouse in the UK. See here to see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I haven't charged the battery yet, but it's just going to be used as a spare for when I'm on the road (not as my day-to-day battery)

Very disappointed with the Micro USB cables though..... The connection to the phone is very tight. If I use the cable with a USB wall plug, they don't charge my phone. If I use them with my PC, the phone will charge but I get a "Device not connected properly" error (or something along those lines). I can't be too upset for the sake of a couple of euro, but hopefully I can save someone some money if they were thinking of getting one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I noticed this with a few of the mini usb cables I have (not from this shop).Perhaps not all cables are wired the same, some seem to act up with USB charging and others don't. Its all the cheaper ones with a thinner cable for me.

I remember some phones used to use a non standard USB cable too. Like the Motorola V3 I used to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

i bought 5 micro usb cables off this site for about a tenner, absolute junk every one of them, i know you can say you get what you pay for but ive bought them off amazon for a similar price before and they are still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I bought a 5m hdmi cable from them. plugged it into my h-ips panel, tried turn on the monitor and broke the hdmi port, now the monitor only works with vga :(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

deceit wrote: »
    I bought a 5m hdmi cable from them. plugged it into my h-ips panel, tried turn on the monitor and broke the hdmi port, now the monitor only works with vga :(.

How did the port break?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

I have order one of these too

Can you explain how the port broke please :confused:

Im planning to use it with a 450€ blu ray cinema system.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Used them once for a phone case, no problems - but if I'm buying cables and anything electrical it comes from a reputable supplier or not at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Pj! wrote: »
    Am waiting over a week for an item.
    Purchasing from the UK would usually be quicker.

Looks like they forgot to ship it! :confused:

Shipped now (hopefully).

Advertisement