Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Slim Clearance

• 11-10-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Since the PS3 super slim is coming in I thought some shops might be clearing out their old PS3 slims by selling them cheap. Does anyone know anywhere doing this? Preferably in Dublin btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

jamesc376 wrote: »
    Since the PS3 super slim is coming in I thought some shops might be clearing out their old PS3 slims by selling them cheap. Does anyone know anywhere doing this? Preferably in Dublin btw.

They could probably sell them at a premium the new one isn't getting great reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

jamesc376 wrote: »

Sony aren't dropping the price but the shops themselves may but it likely won't be for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Harvey Norman or Currys/PC World may have them cheap soon, or keep an eye online for the Black Friday deals next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Most places I've seen seem to be 'reducing' the price of the 320Gb Slim from €349 to €299, which is the same price as the new 500Gb Super Slim

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

kristok 2 wrote: »
    They could probably sell them at a premium the new one isn't getting great reviews

citation?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,773 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Digital Foundry pretty much said it's got pretty much the same internals as the slim with cheaper casing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

The main criticism seems to be that despite the Super Slim being an apparently cheaper build, including the loss of the slot load disc mechanism, the savings are not being passed on to the consumer.

IMO it's a stopgap model filling the void until the PS4 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Digital Foundry pretty much said it's got pretty much the same internals as the slim with cheaper casing.

I agree. That's pretty much what I hear everywhere. I haven't heard any reliability issues.

Advertisement