Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Aw wow! Congrats! Must be great to finally know ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Ah javagirl im delighted for you,a baby girl (told ya)
    the 3d pic is brill (although i dont know what im looking at??) sorry im crap at scan pics,
    so so happy for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Have a few 3d pics that are gorgeous and i think she looks like me and then one where she looks like voldemort so ill just keep the nice ones!!
    the video is in 3d too,
    Fiance got all emotional when he saw her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I loooove your pics... so happy you found out!! Woohoo a baby girl... off you go to buy some pink stuff now???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!She`s gorg! Yeay a girl I was right! Omg congrats Java been checkin all eveing couldn`t wait.....jealous now I wana know! xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Do u mind me asking but, my gender scan in swords,the girl said ill just get 3 or 4 3d pics,she didnt mention a dvd or anything. Was it a gender scan u got or which one??

Yeah I just sent an email to this place, theyre in blackrock so not too far from stillorgan.

I'd highly reccomend it girls, She's so lovely. When I say my daughter to myself now it's the weirdest thing!!
    We bought matching I love Mummy and daddy shirts on the way home!!
    Would do it again tomorrow, have watched the video about 20 times now, Love her!!

Her, my daughter, weird!! arghh!!! so happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

trions wrote: »
    Hi all,
    saurelin - in coombe aswell, i rang them to book antenatal classes last week, the booked me in for the early pregnancy class for 14 march also have anomaly scan that day. am going to do the full day sat ante natal class rather evening classes. the coombe also do antenatal classes through the physio dept, my sister did them and found them better than the regular classes - have been trying to ring them all week but they never seem to answer phone - will try again tomorrow..

Trions I have scan on 15th :)
    We booked already classes for Saturday as well. We have date schedule for 19.05

I booked classes with physio dep few weeks ago. I left them voice msg and the called back next day.
    I have classes booked for 6th of March, and then in May.

Javagal congrats :D

She is so perfect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Congrats Javagal!!! I had a scan today but it was very quick and sonographer wanted to get out as soon as possible didn't really get a proper look :(

But going for a private scan on Friday in Newry so hopefully will get more of an eyeful and find out the sex!!! My Fiancee is coming to that one, he wasn't able to make today! Oh and I bought some things on mothercare on the way home. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Saurelin wrote: »
    Trions I have scan on 15th :)
    We booked already classes for Saturday as well. We have date schedule for 19.05

I booked classes with physio dep few weeks ago. I left them voice msg and the called back next day.
    I have classes booked for 6th of March, and then in May.

Hi,
    We are booked into the same class on the 19th - small world!! will leave them a voice mail in the physio dept tomorrow if i still can't get through, hope i can still get a place heard they fill up fairly quickly..

Javagal - you must be so excited about your beautiful little girl, can't believe how detailed the photo's are.. are u going to tell friends and family??

Trions x

Trions it will be great to meet you in person :)

yeah the family knows!were very very close its like we.re collectively having a baby!
    in bed now after probably the best day of my life.
    never imagined i could feel so much love for someone who I've never met !
    think we have our minds set on zoey belle as her name, means beautiful life :-)

Javagal Zoey Belle is beautiful name :)
    Our family is close as well (even if they are far) and they all are involved a lot. My parents in law already bought a lot of staff for baby.

I'm 18 weeks now and I'm worried that I didn't feel baby yet.
    I know I still have some time but...

saurelin dont be worrying, give it till next week and im sure you'll feel it.
    even now i feel herself(weird) going mad some days and other days she seems more quiet-maybe its because im busier and dont notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm 20 weeks and still only feel flutters every few days... I'd say it was Friday when I last felt anything: Tuesday before that!

Trying to decide if I need to go to doc tomorrow with sickness or not... Was quite bad yest and today and because it had stopped dunno if I should go in now that it's restarted... Im definitely not drinking enough and I lost 3 pounds this week... Just in case it's something else... On other hand I don't want the gp I've had since I was 5 to think I'm losing my marbles and turning into a hypochondriac! Although Hes slways telling me if im Worried to come in... Should sickness come back if it disappears?

cyning wrote: »
    I'm 20 weeks and still only feel flutters every few days... I'd say it was Friday when I last felt anything: Tuesday before that!

Trying to decide if I need to go to doc tomorrow with sickness or not... Was quite bad yest and today and because it had stopped dunno if I should go in now that it's restarted... Im definitely not drinking enough and I lost 3 pounds this week... Just in case it's something else... On other hand I don't want the gp I've had since I was 5 to think I'm losing my marbles and turning into a hypochondriac! Although Hes slways telling me if im Worried to come in... Should sickness come back if it disappears?

cyning, your doctor is there to reassure you not think anything about you. i.d go , if anything maybe he can advise you on how to stay hydrated and at least you can put your mind at ease.
    back to college today,weird sitting here with my little girl in my tummy listening to everyone go on about how drunk they were at the weekend, sometimes i feel so ancient here and i.m only 23!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Delighted for you java, can't believe you could see the individual toes! Dying for our scan now to find out the sex.

Is anyone else getting slightly swollen hands & feet, particularly in the latter half of the day? I thought this was something that would happen towards the end of the pregnancy!

Mink my ankles get bigger since week 14th:/
    but my gp said at this stage of pregnancy is more likely from kidney infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Hi ladies,

Just back from the consultant and all cried out! Yes, it went THAT well!

Apparently he doesn't believe that there is any correlation between lletz and premature births - he said that even though most other people think there is that he just doesn't believe it! He scanned my cervix for about 4 seconds and said 'yea that looks grand but get them to check it at your big scan in two weeks', then I asked was is too late to get a stitch if there is something wrong & he said that 'stitches don't work' and there's nothing we can do about it. So obviously I started to cry & what did he do - leave the room!

So at the minute I'm waiting on my GP to phone me back, she's such a lovely woman and I'm sure she'll have advice for me. And then I'm thinking about changing hospitals / consultant or at least getting a private gynae to give his / her opinion on what should / can done.

Thanks ladies, only for this forum I'd be in counselling at this stage :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I'm having a fat day today. Everything feels tight, I feel like I have massive love handles. I'm already worried about losing this weight after baby arrives. I have a wedding 10 weeks after baby is due, so I will have my work cut out for me!
    Unlike you girls, I don't know what my weight was before I got pregnant, so I have no idea how much weight I have put on. My dr didn't weight me at 4 weeks, but the midwife did at 14 weeks, but I didn't ask her what I weighed. I don't have a weighing scales in my house. But I think I must have out on about 10-12lbs since getting pregnant.
    I must ring about antenatal classes, I did them 11 yrs ago with my first can't can't recall them being fierce ensightful ( think I learn more from you girls!) but then I thought, hey I get some time off work, and it is 11 yrs since I was last pregnant, so maybe I should go and have a look at the labour ward etc ( different hospital from the last time) it's the hospital from "here to maternity" that used to be on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm 19-3 and I still haven't felt a thing, but can hear the heartbeat good and strong on the doppler. The girls over on the Pregnancy Moan thread said that some people don't feel it until 22 weeks or even later, especially if the placenta is out in front. If you google it, loads of people have found the same, and then have had the ribs kicked off them in weeks to come.
    So try not to worry.
    Mink wrote:
    Is anyone else getting slightly swollen hands & feet, particularly in the latter half of the day? I thought this was something that would happen towards the end of the pregnancy!

I am getting slightly swollen hands, my wedding ring is not as loose as it would usually be. But it still slides on and off without a struggle. My GP told me to sit with my forearms held up (like a surgeon getting their gloves) or up and crossed over my chest as much as possible (eg, right hand on left shoulder, left hand on right shoulder - like an old movie vampire :D ) and that seems to help.

I haven't noticed feet, but i rarely wear shoes these days.

Java - love the name, so pretty.
    For some reason I can't see the link to the picture, but i'm sure your little girl is gorgeous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Just back from the consultant and all cried out! Yes, it went THAT well!

Apparently he doesn't believe that there is any correlation between lletz and premature births - he said that even though most other people think there is that he just doesn't believe it! He scanned my cervix for about 4 seconds and said 'yea that looks grand but get them to check it at your big scan in two weeks', then I asked was is too late to get a stitch if there is something wrong & he said that 'stitches don't work' and there's nothing we can do about it. So obviously I started to cry & what did he do - leave the room!

So at the minute I'm waiting on my GP to phone me back, she's such a lovely woman and I'm sure she'll have advice for me. And then I'm thinking about changing hospitals / consultant or at least getting a private gynae to give his / her opinion on what should / can done.

Thanks ladies, only for this forum I'd be in counselling at this stage :D

Oh mamheidi - he sounds so awful, you poor thing!! You should definitely get a second opinion, and if they back yo up, I would complain your consultant! I can't belive he simply disagrees with the finidings so he is ignoring the risk!! Narrow mindedness makes me angry at the best of times, but when it can affect the health of your baby, he has an obligation to you to check things out properly.
    silly wrote: »
    I'm having a fat day today. Everything feels tight, I feel like I have massive love handles. I'm already worried about losing this weight after baby arrives. I have a wedding 10 weeks after baby is due, so I will have my work cut out for me!

You and me both, silly... despite being a 14-16, i've never been too concerned about my weight, but want to get back into my normal clothes ASAP after the birth. Maybe we can have a July Mothers Get Back In Shape thread afterwards where we can go for some moral support, confidence boosting and the occasional kick up the arse when needed!
    There has to be some exercises that cat be down with a babs in tow :)

Who knows, maybe i'll go back to my teenage size of 12-14 and be an official yummy mummy (if you ignore the stretch marks!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Mamaheidi that's awful, I would have been in floods of tears as well. I just can't believe the attitude of some medical professionals, some of them are so arrogant! Definitely get a 2nd opinion.
    Kash wrote: »
    Maybe we can have a July Mothers Get Back In Shape thread afterwards where we can go for some moral support, confidence boosting and the occasional kick up the arse when needed!
    There has to be some exercises that cat be down with a babs in tow :)

I'm wholeheartedly up for this. We should start it on the newborn/toddlers thread maybe when the time comes. Only thing I can think of is lots of walking!

Kash wrote: »

I'm 19-3 and I still haven't felt a thing, but can hear the heartbeat good and strong on the doppler. The girls over on the Pregnancy Moan thread said that some people don't feel it until 22 weeks or even later, especially if the placenta is out in front. If you google it, loads of people have found the same, and then have had the ribs kicked off them in weeks to come.
    So try not to worry.
    Mink wrote:

I am getting slightly swollen hands, my wedding ring is not as loose as it would usually be. But it still slides on and off without a struggle. My GP told me to sit with my forearms held up (like a surgeon getting their gloves) or up and crossed over my chest as much as possible (eg, right hand on left shoulder, left hand on right shoulder - like an old movie vampire :D ) and that seems to help.

I haven't noticed feet, but i rarely wear shoes these days.

Java - love the name, so pretty.
    For some reason I can't see the link to the picture, but i'm sure your little girl is gorgeous :)
    thanks kash, i deleted the pic off last night as i left my name and phone number as the file name lol! Ill re upload later today!

I had just gotten to a size 12 on weight watchers before i got pregnant and my friend told me she's getting married in October and im maid of honour so im also under pressure to lose the weight. But hell the way i see it, i.m not gonna be pregnant again for a few years so im gonna enjoy it.
    Oh was singing that song that's my daughter in the water to my belly last night!couldn't hold back the tears!he is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I went for a walk yesterday, the dog rolled around in another dog's poo and jumped on me, I nearly puked all the way home...I was covered in dog poo eugh!!!!!!
    So now I think I shouldn't walk anymore.
    Swimming is supposed to be very good for pregnant women.
    Also I looked on video jug for a few exercises and they seem ok, still haven't done them though!
    After I had my last daughter, it took me 1 yr to go from a 14 to a 10.
    I think the only way to lose it is major dieting, carbs are my big downfall. I love bread and pasta. I need to find an alternative.

Saurelin, I asked my friend when she first started feeling movement and she said about 20 weeks.
    I think my baby does most moving when I'm at work, didn't feel much for the last few days when off work, but today, boom! Mad moving again.

Mamaheidi, that dr is a disgrace, I would definatley look into getting someone else, even if you have to pay for private it would be worth the peace of mind.

Mamaheidi your consultant was horrible! Let us know what your GP said.

Thanks for support ladies, my hubby said I'm to sensitive about this.

Silly I don't envy you. It is horrible.

I don't plan to be on any special diet - only breastfeeding and wii fit plus ;-)
    on the other hand before I get pregnant I was size 12, now I'm 10 and I still didn't gain anything :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Mammaheidi what an absolute assh*le!! I would move this guy is not trustworthy. Hope your GP offers you some help.

Girls, I need reasonable maternity clothes, anyone got any tips.

• Advertisement

Javagal - ebay :)

Advertisement