Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Campervan Insurance - I want to start hiring out my vans

Options
  • 01-12-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I have 4 campervans that I want to start renting out to people. Im struggling with getting insurance (hire part) for them.

Can anyone tell me where would be best to go with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

I know Richardsons Insurance Brokers in Sandyford have run a scheme for campervans for a number of years. I reckon they might be the ones to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pepsimoff6

Thanks, i will try them.

I tried 2 others and they said the risk was too big for such a small number of vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I know this doesn't relate to what your asking, but do you have website or price list of what you will be charging for rental of these vans?

Hi Messrs

No not yet, I wanted to see if i can get insurance first and all that sorted before I start anything like that.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

Perhaps one of the companies already renting campers would be the people to ask.

• Advertisement

Hi campingcarist,

Yes i have the numbers of 2 that im going to ring tomorrow to ask them, hopefully i will get somewhere.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NumbrCrunchr

pepsimoff6 wrote: »
    Hi campingcarist,

Yes i have the numbers of 2 that im going to ring tomorrow to ask them, hopefully i will get somewhere.

Thanks

Hi Pepsimoff
    How did you get on with those brokers? I plan on buying a van and renting it out when I'm not using it also

Advertisement