Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jersey Shore

• 11-01-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sweet jesus, has anyone seen this yet? A bunch of assholes living in a beach house spending all their time styling their hair, getting in fights and tanning, it may well be the best worst tv show ever made:D Its getting a ton of controversy in the staes from Italian American societys up in arms that the people on this are refering to themselves as "guidos", a derogatory term for Italians, also for one episode where one of the girls gets punched in the face on a night out:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, its awful rubbish. Great, isn't it? :)

I've never seen 8 more unlikeable people in one house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I've actually been watching it. I've caught the first 6 episodes. It's hilariously awful. I don't know why I still watch it, but I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I've been watching it as well, it's brilliant.

So cringworthly funny haha.

The Situation is the best, what a champ.

Holsten wrote: »
    I've been watching it as well, it's brilliant.

So cringworthly funny haha.

The Situation is the best, what a champ.

Haha yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I never ever watch Reality TV but I am finding this compulsive viewing! I think its the fact that I can't even comprehend that real people exist like this out there!
    I just love when they go clubbing and start dancing, its cringe worthy enough to make David Brent even look like a better dancer.

MTV are unusual with their editing though, every week they show girls hitting guys and girls hitting girls and guys hitting guys but they never showed Snooki getting hit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭watsdstory22

where can 1 catch an episode of this show?

Oh, and you gotta do the fist pump!

where can 1 catch an episode of this show?

It's up for free on the American MTV website. Otherwise, you'll have to download it because it doesn't allow people outside of America to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I really don't want to like this but watched a bit of it after all the controversy it caused in the US.

"The Situation" is just unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

abelard wrote: »
    I really don't want to like this but watched a bit of it after all the controversy it caused in the US.

"The Situation" is just unbelievable.

I loved how he was outside trying to pick up yet another girl as Shnookies or whatever her name is had just been punched in the mouth, what a gent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i watched some last night, i dont want to like it but it so car crash its kind of entertaining! like a knacker version of the hills.

That Vinnie lad seems to be the only normal person there. Those "guido" types definately exist though - when I was in New Jersey, there were loads of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

As it goes on the guy Ronnie seems actually ok, he's still kind of a dick at times but not so much as Pauly and Mike are in their eternal quest for fanny, none of the girls are likeable though, dammit why'd i start watching this lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

That bird Sammi is probably THE most horrible person I've ever seen. Her boyfriend gets decked cuz of her and then she won't speak to him for the rest of the night, what a bitch! not even that hot.

The situation is just unbelievable, legend though.

Vinny is the only one who seems kinda normal...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I can't bring myself to watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jkrowling

OMG I'm hooked on this, it's car crash TV at it's best and highly addictive.

The situation had me in tears last night getting everyone to buy the knickers with "I love the situation" printed on them!! That Angelina one is quite a head wrecker though "I'm too good for this, I'm a bar tender" classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

So glad to see I'm not the only one watching this! Lol!

I'm watchin it on Sundays on Mtv, so I'm well behind. I think I've only seen 2 or 3 episodes. Snookie getting boxed is on this Sunday coming so I'll defo be watchin it. And Angelina has just been fired from the house. Did anyone see her carrying her 'luggage' out to the car? She had all her stuff in black plastic bags! Same arriving. Couldn't she get a suitcase!

Mike the Situation is hillarious. Vinny and Ronnie seem pretty ok.

Now about Pauly's hair, I've never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

jkrowling wrote: »
    OMG I'm hooked on this, it's car crash TV at it's best and highly addictive.

The situation had me in tears last night getting everyone to buy the knickers with "I love the situation" printed on them!! That Angelina one is quite a head wrecker though "I'm too good for this, I'm a bar tender" classic!

Yeah I laughed at this too! So glad she's gone.

i wonder will they replace her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 flowertree

It is brilliant!!I have been asking my firneds to watch it but they refuse!I laugh through the whole episode..great viewing.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

season 2 kicks off tonight stateside, should be a cringe worthy laugh !

Yesh, I'll download tomorrow and check out the situation! (No pun intended!)

^ but after S1 they are nothing more then actors, it'll all be fake and scripted.

^ but after S1 they are nothing more then actors, it'll all be fake and scripted.

I dunno, that Snookie punch didn't seem very scripted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Lol that punch was the fakest thing I've ever seen. Screen just went black as it happened lol. Shall be downloading tomorrow though.

its so unbelievable, it has to be watched, and that chick with the fake boobs, looks like she has bigger boobs this year, bring it !

• Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

"How do you spell it?"
    "S - I - T - U - A - T...." :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Aldito wrote: »
    Lol that punch was the fakest thing I've ever seen. Screen just went black as it happened lol. Shall be downloading tomorrow though.
    The punch was real, the guy who hit her got charged with it. He was a school teacher.:D

The reason why the screen went black was because MTV had showed the punch in a trailer and received a **** load of complaints because your allowed to show men get punched but not women.

I think season was pretty genuine but season will be just ridiculously over the top because the cast got very well known in the states.

well just saw s2 ep 1 !

kicks off right where it left off !
    some good laughs, paulie and the situation are hilarious ! and the bitches are fighting like cats as usual !

• Advertisement

Advertisement